Bristol City fan in peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes. Thank you for Massive Attack and Holby City.

Dempseys a potential pre-match venue, you’re bound to encounter the odd plonker in there but as long as you keep your head down you’ll be warmly received.

No strong feelings about the Bristol clubs but both currently have managers who are complete cunts.

Went to Bristol when my daughter was casing out Uni and was a bit disappointed. I wanted Trip-hop and Bansky but only found noisy crusties.

I lived in Bristol for almost a decade. Lived all over. Great place. One of my favourite matches of all time was the injury time Darius Henderson hat-trick, immediately from kick off after we'd just blown a two goal lead.

Overall this season Blades are often solid rather than spectacular. We'd have lost far less matches if we weren't genuinely cursed with injuries. We're no world beaters and for the most part not quite as good as the Wilder promotion season, but crossing fingers for some (good) summer transfer business (including a 5yr contract for Ndiaye). We often just do what's needed to win, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all... We're fairly comfortably going up.

I think BCFC have a promising squad but really don't believe Pearson would be the man to get you promoted.

Last edited:
Bristol is my favorite English city by some distance. Very avant garde and very working class... Jeek by jowl they coalesce to create a superb environment. Fucking dislike both their footie teams.... But hey..... Can't have everything.... Oh... And piggy feckin Pearson. Can fuck right off.... 😂 😂 😂

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.
Bristol City at home in Sept 1970 was my first live game at BLane . The score was 3-3 , the blades 3-0 down with 20 mins left .

We went in to promotion and a lifelong dedication to my blades was born that day

I have always had a soft spot for the Robins and wish them well

A city with great rivalry that only they understand - like Sheffield - two underperforming city’s .

The following link is about as welcome as rolling around bollock naked in a field full of thistles and nettles but is the only thing that comes to mind regarding the history of this fixture.
Can't believe that was 33 years ago makes me feel a right old twat. I just remember standing on the kop thinking how fucking awful we were.
Edit: it's actually 35 years ago, even more depressing

Last edited:

Bristol is my favorite English city by some distance. Very avant garde and very working class... Jeek by jowl they coalesce to create a superb environment. Fucking dislike both their footie teams.... But hey..... Can't have everything.... Oh... And piggy feckin Pearson. Can fuck right off.... 😂 😂 😂

It’s a brilliant place let down by a predilection for rugby union. And there’s just no coming back from that sort of depravity.

Went to Bristol when my daughter was casing out Uni and was a bit disappointed. I wanted Trip-hop and Bansky but only found noisy crusties.

Banksy and Trip Hop are the same thing, if the rumours are to be believed.

As for Bristol City, I quite like them but bloody Andreas Weimann is the 21st Century Marco Gabbiadini. I expect him to fuck us up with a couple of goals on Tuesday.

I hope Reda Khadra comes back just to sit on our bench and wind Pearson up again.

I’d say the game away at Bristol City was a critical result in our season.

It was a very ground out result with players missing off the back of a difficult spell.

It was exactly the sort of result that promoted teams manage to achieve in adverse circumstances.

In dragging of Khadra mid way through the first half, it also showed our management were prepared to be ruthless to get the job done.

Bristol City the past few years have struck me as a team that do create chances but perhaps lack that cutting edge to make them count. In a sense we share that trait to some degree. You look at our xG and you look at how many shots we tend to have to get goals and we are not the most clinical. Take Boro for example. They seem to have the monopoly on this. Norwich and them have the same shots more or less, Boro have 6 on target and score 5. It took us 20+ shots against Wigan, far more than Boro had, to win 1-0 in a game we dominated.

I see Bristol City as a dangerous team because you might just catch them ‘on their day’ but for you fans you would probably suggest that day is far too infrequent. You seem to have the tools to beat anyone on your day but perhaps there is just something missing. Can’t say what that is.

Bristol City at home in Sept 1970 was my first live game at BLane . The score was 3-3 , the blades 3-0 down with 20 mins left .

We went in to promotion and a lifelong dedication to my blades was born that day

I have always had a soft spot for the Robins and wish them well

A city with great rivalry that only they understand - like Sheffield - two underperforming city’s .
You made a comment the other day about not remembering Martin Smith and now you say your first game was in 1970.

In the spirit of Troy Hawke, I’d say “your posts have an air of youthfulness and enthusiasm that bely your years. Shoulders back, chest out, keep it going and smash it.”

Or something like that 😉

For any Bristol City fans watching there's a general pattern regards Sheff Utd this season.
Overall the team are consistently average, no where near as good as the Wilder promotion side.
However this season our defence is always very strong, their only weakness is pace with other teams catching us on the counter
but when the defence need to sit back and are put under pressure they've always consistently coped really well.

Another issue this season has been our style of play, it's very disjointed in midfield.
We often have 15 minutes where we pass the ball around with confidence and look a top 2 side
then in the same match we have 15 minutes spells where we can't string 3 passes together and it's almost kick and rush football.
The Wilder promotion team were so well drilled and consistently played simple, quick, pass and move possession football.

The other big factor this season is that we can be playing average or even quite poorly
then we have some high quality individuals who can score a goal out of the blue from nothing.
The current team has far higher individual quality than the players in the Wilder promotion team.
N'Diaye is one of the biggest talents at the club in decades, he's capable of producing magic and we think he'll take the PL by storm.

Don't think our fans will feel over confident regards Tuesday
because we remember during the Wilder promotion season, that was also near the end of the season.
A vital game, we were big favourites and you turned up in that Wimbledon tennis style purple and green kit.
You were quite impressive that match beating us 3-2, so we'll expect another tough game.
And yet this season we will probably match if not better that seasons points tally. May be a couple short on goals scored and goals conceded will be about the same.

Back
Top Bottom