Bristol City fan in peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jerseybean

Reaction score
Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

We're all Rovers fans on here mate.

Nigel Pearson is a cunt

I believe The Globe and The Graduate both cater to away fans, and are both walking distance from the train station, good pubs too.

Jerseybean I’d love to know what you think of Nigel Pearson? When we played you 4 seasons ago Lee Johnson had you playing some nice football albeit the score lines were a bit irratic

The Howard opposite the train station is away friendly too, but there will be Blades in

Piggy Pearson is a prick but would be good to see Bristol City in Prem at some point, summat different at least. Sell us Scott for cheap?

Take nothing for granted but hope we can get another 3 points to get us further towards promotion before semi final.

But you ain't a pushover reverse fixture we stole a 1-0 win. But we had, had fixtures before then where we drew or lost when playing better so we felt it was some due luck.

As for you lot. I fancy if you don't lose your prospects that you might be a good shout for top 6 next season. Will need a few more decent signings though but base might be there.

Jerseybean I’d love to know what you think of Nigel Pearson? When we played you 4 seasons ago Lee Johnson had you playing some nice football albeit the score lines were a bit irratic
OP personally I am pleased by NP, but some are yet to be convinced. He inherited a mess as LJ had spent lots without much of a coherent strategy and he talked a lot of bullshit. NP has addressed the culture, cleared out lots of deadwood, slashed our wage bill, trusted lots of young players and he talks a lot of sense IMO.

First things first there are two teams in Bristol and its a shitty, arrogant thing that others city fans I know claim. Or should you change your name to Bristol city82?

Secondly, I live in Bristol and adopted the gas as my second team hence the hostility.

Thirdly i was there at trashton gate earlier this season when we beat you last time and I will love it, love it if we beat you again 😂

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your trip to the home of Football, but return very empty handed.
It's a big game for us, a win sees us so, so close to premier League football. It's a game we should be winning in all honesty, but we must make sure we aren't distracted by the upcoming trip to Wembley.

I can't say Bristol City are a team I have particularly strong memories of or feelings towards. Good city though. Diego De Girolamo is probably the most amusing 'played for both ', now there was a young man who got ahead of himself and believed his own hype. Ultimately couldn't cut it as a pro

Hoping for a Blades/Rovers double on Tuesday

No real issues with Brizzle tbh. Similar sized club who’ve contrived to be even less successful than we are

Can you define what you mean by size.
Every metric you care to mention Sheff United are bigger than Bristol City.
Trophies won, league and cup, seasons in the top flight, average attendances, highest attendance, stadium size etc etc

Assume you must be talking about potential, agree Bristol City have great potential
but that would then mean Sheff Utd are also a similar sized club to Plymouth, Cardiff and Bradford, 3 other clubs with great potential.

Can you define what you mean by size.

Every metric you care to mention Sheff United are bigger than Bristol City.
Trophies won, league and cup, seasons in the top flight, average attendances, highest attendance, stadium size etc etc

Assume you must be talking about potential, agree Bristol City have great potential
but that would then mean Sheff Utd are also a similar sized club to Plymouth and Cardiff, 2 other clubs with great potential.
Just similar in terms of potential and mostly underperformance against that potential. Not sure there’s a club in the country who’ve achieved less than would be expected that City

My main point is, there’s not a huge amount between the clubs now and it’s a similar bracket of club, albeit United are closer to the top of that group

Just similar in terms of potential and mostly underperformance against that potential. Not sure there’s a club in the country who’ve achieved less than would be expected that City

My main point is, there’s not a huge amount between the clubs now and it’s a similar bracket of club, albeit United are closer to the top of that group

Fair enough, agree Bristol City are a big club based on what they could be not based on what they've done during their history.
surely, every large city should have spent some time in the top flight during their history.

Bristol City have spent only 9 seasons in the top flight and Plymouth Argyle have spent 0 season in the top flight, both clubs have massively underperformed.
Makes our pathetic post war record look quite good.

Always liked an away in Bristol - good city for a booze. Always felt Bristol as a city was due a Premier league stint but at the same time you’ve always felt mediocre / mid table in terms of a football club.

Like Sheffield, your city is red.

Back
Top Bottom