Bristol City fan in peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seem to remember Woolford saying he was with BC on his interview. Luke Freeman maybe, isn't he from Bristol..

The thread in their site

jerseybean
Good list of pubs there, but I'd give the Brown Bear a miss unless you enjoy sitting in silence. No music, no mobile phones, no singing allowed, no colours. Used to be worth it for the cheap beer, but even that's not really the case now.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned (I ain’t ploughing through 5 pages) but this seasons smash and grab was no worse than the 1-2 they committed at the Lane under Wilder a few years ago. That was fucking robbery.

The thread in their site

Taught me some stuff that. Well done jerseybean

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I don't mind Pearson.

One of the few managers who calls out referees for blatant cheating

I don't mind him either.

I remember him being interviewed on Radio Sheffield about 10 year ago. Think he was at a craft fair in Dore.
They asked him if he'd ever consider managing Sheffield Wednesday and his reply was

He currently lives in Sheffield, him and his family love the area and he's very settled.
He explained that he values his freedom and the nice feedback he sometimes receives from Sheff Wed with no hassles.
He said that if he became Sheff Wed manager and they were struggling (which they would do at sometime) then he and is family would risk receiving abuse
and lose the freedom he currently enjoys.

He said he would only consider managing Sheff Wed, if he ever re-located to live in another part of the country, which would be very unlikely.

I don't mind him either.

I remember him being interviewed on Radio Sheffield about 10 year ago. Think he was at a craft fair in Dore.
They asked him if he'd ever consider managing Sheffield Wednesday and his reply was

He currently lives in Sheffield, him and his family love the area and he's very settled.
He explained that he values his freedom and the nice feedback he sometimes receives from Sheff Wed with no hassles.
He said that if he became Sheff Wed manager and they were struggling (which they would do at sometime) then he and is family would risk receiving abuse
and lose the freedom he currently enjoys.

He said he would only consider managing Sheff Wed, if he ever re-located to live in another part of the country, which would be very unlikely.
True that.

Imagine Moore walking round Sheffield at the minute 😬

True that.

Imagine Moore walking round Sheffield at the minute 😬

It doesn't even have to be abuse.

It can be the look of pessimism and total dejection written on the faces of Owls
and the grins and look of feeling sorry for him because he's out of his depth on the faces of Blades.

probably best to stay in doors when not working.
Although you would expect Moore to live well away from Sheffield, so he can still enjoy a level of freedom.

I've always thought Rovers were the biggest club.

From a Man City fan

Who will will all be rooting for this evening 😂

It doesn't even have to be abuse.

It can be the look of pessimism and total dejection written on the faces of Owls
and the grins and look of feeling sorry for him because he's out of his depth on the faces of Blades.

probably best to stay in doors when not working.
Although you would expect Moore to live well away from Sheffield, so he can still enjoy a level of freedom.
I'd expect him to live local, but not sure if that's actually in Sheffield.

He took the Doncaster job in 2019 so you'd expect he's "in the area"

I've lived in the SW for many years now, though venture to the Lane most games. Most of my Brizzle mates are Gas fans tbh. Gas are more like the Blades, working class, committed locals. City tend to be the "Posh" side of Bristol. Fabulous stadium, built by their financial benefactor. But actually Bristol is more a rugby city than football, probably why there isnt so much passion or drive to get to EPL. The stadium is really for the rugby team.
So, "in peace from Bristol" sorry, my mates and local family are big Gas fans. And Rugby? For me the Cherry and Whites of Glaaawster is my team. Hard working, loyal and tough bastards. Kingsholm, the home of Gloucester Rugby has the passion you get at the Lane. Any Blades fans in Gloucester for whatever reason, try a match at Kingsholm, you won't feel out of place. The "posh boys" hate playing there.
Bristol City as posh side of Bristol is debatable, heartland is South Bristol hardly posh. Although it's becoming quite gentrified which is sad.

Parts of Somerset too have quite a few City fans, again some bits posh but places like Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston- not so much! Lines become blurred over time but unsure South Bristol is the posh zone to say the least.

Typical GasLogic at work though I suppose. :) Lansdown is quite wealthy yes and as with football more widely the fanbase is becoming more gentrified over the last 20-30 years but hardly overall yet posh IMO.

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.
Can you pass on our thanks to the travelling fans for applauding (some even standing to applaud) in memory of a Blades legend.
They clapped before the game as a speech was read out, then on the 5th minutes as requested by the announcer.
I found it quite touching, and thought it incredibly respectful and classy.

Went to Bristol when my daughter was casing out Uni and was a bit disappointed. I wanted Trip-hop and Bansky but only found noisy crusties.
We've had a huge influx of DFL, Down from London and similar, definitely not the same city as 20-30 years ago. Perhaps even slightly longer. Many who flee London and similar unfortunately don't adapt to the new city as such but adapt the city to them.

Where money pours in, creativity can wither a bit. So Many bakehouses, coffee shops, student flats etc and other such stuff...

By way of example the nearest typical cage that does fry ups etc to me in late 2006 was 5 mins away. Had 3-4 within 15 mins walking distance.

The nearest is now 20 mins away walking wise. Sign of the times sure but sad all the same.

Edit. Fryups or not isn't a sign of creativity as such but it kinda feeds into the bakehouses, more money etc.

Fryups, creativity...money, posher, Bakehouses.

Last edited:
We've had a huge influx of DFL, Down from London and similar, definitely not the same city as 20-30 years ago. Perhaps even slightly longer. Many who flee London and similar unfortunately don't adapt to the new city as such but adapt the city to them.

Where money pours in, creativity can wither a bit. So Many bakehouses, coffee shops, student flats etc and other such stuff...

By way of example the nearest typical cage that does fry ups etc to me in late 2006 was 5 mins away. Had 3-4 within 15 mins walking distance.

The nearest is now 20 mins away walking wise. Sign of the times sure but sad all the same.

Edit. Fryups or not isn't a sign of creativity as such but it kinda feeds into the bakehouses, more money etc.

Fryups, creativity...money, posher, Bakehouses.
One thing I love about visiting Bristol is the vibrance of the city. It's so multicultural and alive. Our old office was just off the bridge in Temple Back, near the Bridge Inn with the massive mural of Jimi on the wall. It was great, because we had St Nick's market within walking distance (the food there is just incredible), Left Handed Giant for beer and pizza, and other places like Boca Bar, Three Brothers Burgers and Beirut Lebanese restaurant all within easy walking distance.

Now we're located at the Paintworks, which is nice and the office is very swanky, but it's a bit out of the way. Still walking distance to town, but it's cutting it fine on a lunch break (and I don't dare try one of those Voi scooters given the appalling driving I've seen in the city).

If it wasn't for the kids, I'd probably move to Bristol to be fair. Bit of a trek for weekends though when they're here in Derby.

Eddie scoring the only goal of the match at Bristol City on 4/4/1970

bri-jpg.75897

Who will will all be rooting for this evening 😂

Well that was a weird post, even compared to some of the ones on here

One thing I love about visiting Bristol is the vibrance of the city. It's so multicultural and alive. Our old office was just off the bridge in Temple Back, near the Bridge Inn with the massive mural of Jimi on the wall. It was great, because we had St Nick's market within walking distance (the food there is just incredible), Left Handed Giant for beer and pizza, and other places like Boca Bar, Three Brothers Burgers and Beirut Lebanese restaurant all within easy walking distance.

Now we're located at the Paintworks, which is nice and the office is very swanky, but it's a bit out of the way. Still walking distance to town, but it's cutting it fine on a lunch break (and I don't dare try one of those Voi scooters given the appalling driving I've seen in the city).

If it wasn't for the kids, I'd probably move to Bristol to be fair. Bit of a trek for weekends though when they're here in Derby.
There is still a lot I like about it tbh, yeah was late but some great and diverse venues as you say. Beirut Lebanese I like, others will have to check out- St Nicks market has a great range, the curry fishes and Mocqueca are excellent, used to work near there and was my treat on alternate Fridays.

Gentrification isn't all bad by any means but I do like a balance as well. Possibly not as creative as it used to be.

Yeah the driving leaves something to be desired...got worse post Covid IMO! The number who literally switch lanes that go in opposite directions wow. Around Park Street Triangle way, they are moving left say, literally drive across and forward and other way...a bit reckless at times.

Never been to Derby read it's on the up though and had been for.a while. Sheffield I went to once in 2011, a weekend trip. From what I saw I quite liked it, seemed a fairly lively city. Was much more affordable than Bristol too, the night life! Went for some Jujitsu contest in 2011 with uni so didn't see a huge amount but I liked what I saw.

The poster who mentioned Brammall Lane more being in the heart of the city too can't remember too spot on, Ashton Gate is a bit of a walk from Temple Meads...Temple Meads isn't perhaps as central as a primary station might be either.

The thread in their site

The bit from our fan re how we play, was spot on. As it happened last night.

I would say this I guess but I think NP gets an unfair press. Does his Sheffield Wednesday past play a role here and swing views accordingly a bit? ;)

I honestly think he has mellowed since his Leicester days, and his record at PL ppg (pts per game) across two sides is adequate IMO for a lower midtable PL side. He seems to have had a few departures for non football reasons down the years granted...

It was definitely the biggest robbery I've ever seen us pull of at your place.
It's so rare that we do get a total smash & grab though so it felt immensely satisfying... particularly as it upset Pearson so much.
His post-match comments re: Khadra were the stuff of an arsehole. Can't stand the fella.

Onto the game, I've actually got a feeling you'll get something.
Think a lot of our lads might have half an eye on Wembley and, with the lead we've built up in the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of complacency set in.
If we win, I think the top two race is over. Lose and we give Luton a bit of encouragement.

We've not been playing brilliantly of late but have been efficient in getting results. We defend well and we have players that can produce match-winning moments (mostly McAtee and Ndiaye of late). The stuff in between isn't massively inspiring but it's been enough.
You called it.

Back
Top Bottom