Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brewster is a cracking lad. Hasn't shied away from anything and has been our biggest supporter on the sidelines. Lads been unlucky, he's only a kid ffs. If he was one of ours through and through there's no way he gets this abuse.

Lets kick on next season lad!

Brewster is a cracking lad. Hasn't shied away from anything and has been our biggest supporter on the sidelines. Lads been unlucky, he's only a kid ffs. If he was one of ours through and through there's no way he gets this abuse.

He’s hugely popular in the dressing room and you can see why. Really hope he recovers, had terrible luck.

If it was Billy nothing would be said, you are quite right.

Bit John Terry for me. Celebrate of course but full kit?
He’s a young lad and a contracted blades player celebrating with his mates,he‘s devoted all his life to playing football,
He wanted to show the fans that he still loves the blades and he can’t wait to play again.
Myself,my young son and about 29,000 others thought it was a touching gesture.

Brewster has missed almost an entire season through injury, after his previous season was also cut short by injury.

Must be an incredibly frustrating time for him. I don't blame him enjoying to the max what is the biggest achievement in his career so far.

I looked at the likes of Arblaster, Brewster and Davies all going mad yesterday and it makes you realise what a great squad we have. They've hardly played but are 100% onboard and supportive of the players that are playing.

He’s a young lad and a contracted blades player celebrating with his mates,he‘s devoted all his life to playing football,
He wanted to show the fans that he still loves the blades and he can’t wait to play again.
Myself,my young son and about 29,000 others thought it was a touching gesture.
OK it seems I’m not in tune with most fans on this one so hands up. I guess I remember the absolute hammering Terry got when he did it. Track suit would have been the choice for me but hey ho. Biggest thing is to get (and keep) him fit for next season- he’s an important player and lets all hope he finally finds some form. As others have said, there doesn’t seem to be any doubt about his commitment to the club so good luck to him.

We are quick to write off players.

But the mcburnie situation shows how much impact a little confidence and luck have on a player.

Gets back fit - starts a PL game for us and one bounces in off his arse and it wouldn’t be a shock if he bagged double figures for us.

The injury was a real shame last season. And the season before when he hit a vein of form.

He’d just got back fit and into the side and got another hammer blow.

Becky picked him out particularly in his interview on RS, remembering his assist away at Swansea for a big three points. Such a wanker post.

One thing about Hecky I like and hated about Wilder is that he always defends his players in public and slates them to their face in private if they need it, not the other way round. Someone mentions Brewster in the celebrations, sort of saying "what's he doing there in his kit when he didn't play?" And Hecky points out Brewster's personal contribution to the season and why he is entitled to be there. And players run through walls for managers like that.

If Brewster can do a full season without a major injury, he can surprise a lot of our fans.

He's got a goalscoring knack that most people never have. COYBrewster.
You're edging towards "he'll be like a new signing" territory.

Careful now!

This will be how we mask our disappointment once the recruiting starts!

You're edging towards "he'll be like a new signing" territory.

Careful now!

This will be how we mask our disappointment once the recruiting starts!

He's got the ability, it was really unfair to chuck him in at the deep end like wilder did but he'd paid so much he had no choice but to play him, the pressure on him must have been a weight on his shoulders.

It's after the fact (now we're up) but I'm glad we've not rushed him back, I think we either have a top striker on our hands or one of those lads who's not gonna reach thier full potential due to injuries.

Wrap him in cotton wool till next season, Jebbo and Osula deserve the game time today IMHO.

He's got the ability, it was really unfair to chuck him in at the deep end like wilder did but he'd paid so much he had no choice but to play him, the pressure on him must have been a weight on his shoulders.

It's after the fact (now we're up) but I'm glad we've not rushed him back, I think we either have a top striker on our hands or one of those lads who's not gonna reach thier full potential due to injuries.

Wrap him in cotton wool till next season, Jebbo and Osula deserve the game time today IMHO.
His price tag has been a hinderance.

When we got relegated he had fallen behind Jebbison in the pecking order.

He didn't do anything in the interim to leap over him but a change of manager gave him a chance.

If sending Jebbo on loan to Burton was the right move, probably something similar would have helped Brewster.

That said, he's been so unfortunate with injuries, we'll not know how he could have developed.

Hopefully he's ready to pay back some of the faith.

Both him and Bogle have had a pretty free ride this year, not played much and will get a decent wage uptick. Hopefully payback is next season.

He didn't do anything in the interim to leap over him but a change of manager gave him a chance.

If sending Jebbo on loan to Burton was the right move, probably something similar would have helped Brewster.

That said, he's been so unfortunate with injuries, we'll not know how he could have developed.

Both him and Bogle have had a pretty free ride this year, not played much and will get a decent wage uptick. Hopefully payback is next season.
Spot on..

These 2 seasons in the champ should have been where he developed into a proper first team player, it's just been bad luck and the talent is clear to see, he's gotta be fully focused and have a professional summer, the puppy fat won't be tolerated on his return to training..

Keep fit and step up, that'll do for us.

We've pretty much done this season without him.

He scored at Stoke in the 3-1 defeat and created the winner in the away game at Swansea.

We've pretty much had no reliance on him this season though.

Looking slightly pessimistically if we don't get taken over and we are living within our means it isn't inconceivable that Ndiaye moves on and Brewster is then asked to fill a spot with McBurnie. It is somewhat ironic that two 20m signings have hardly ever really had a run at forming a partnership.

We'd be then looking for Jebbo to compete with both and you'd probably like Osula and Sharp to hang around though it does leave an obvious gap.

If Ndiaye goes, who would we target to replace him?

If anyone can get the best out of RB it’s the current manager. There’s been progress already and there’s mutual trust.

We've pretty much done this season without him.

He scored at Stoke in the 3-1 defeat and created the winner in the away game at Swansea.

We've pretty much had no reliance on him this season though.

Looking slightly pessimistically if we don't get taken over and we are living within our means it isn't inconceivable that Ndiaye moves on and Brewster is then asked to fill a spot with McBurnie. It is somewhat ironic that two 20m signings have hardly ever really had a run at forming a partnership.

We'd be then looking for Jebbo to compete with both and you'd probably like Osula and Sharp to hang around though it does leave an obvious gap.

If Ndiaye goes, who would we target to replace him?

I'd raid Millwall for Bradshaw and Cooper.

Sory Kaba from Cardiff as well..

Brewster lost a big chunk of a season when a young Liverpool player
(ankle damage) , so has had a tough time of it.
All that is tough on a young player who obviously has a lot to offer given an injury free season.
He will probably need patience to return to his best ! hopefully we will afford him that.

Really hope things turn round for this kid
Think tgere is a real talent there
Chelsea ,liverpool and regukar for england at all youth levels

Seems like a great guy too ,summed up his career with us when that almost perfect pen hit the post with the keeper stranded

Back
Top Bottom