CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't want this to come over in any way as uncaring, I mean this in a practical sense!.
I sincerely hope all works out well for him in his private life and his career, but as a team we are not in a position where we need a player with such serious off-field distraction/s at present.

I think just commenting on his performance levels is sufficient.
Anything else is speculation and unnecessary, but I appreciate you're not trying to be harsh.

He will be on good wages and couldn't displace Jack Robinson.
That's enough to warrant moving on.

Came with a high rep but really rarely saw anything to merit it. Kept out the side by a defender prone to mistakes says a lot. Maybe understandable off the pitch reasons ( although is that guess work?) set him back but he's not going to a side he will only need to be at his best for games against Celtic and in Europe.

giphy.gif

Not the best league for him to play in. Not good.in the air and physically weak so the lump it up to big centrer forward type of sides might cause him some problems.

🤣 That's Rangers chances of winning anything gone. He couldn't cope in the Championship he will get bullied in Scotland too, weak as piss and error prone, so glad we weren't in for him. £4m too, Liverpool have had their pants down I wouldn't have been happy with £1m.

I think what was going on off the field effected him a fair bit and injury didn't help (along with half of the squad)

He seems like a decent bloke, we didn't see the best of him but I will remember him for that last minute goal against Blackburn.

He didn't fit our system. Although left sided, he always looked to pass it inside, which meant that he essentially played Stevens out of the game much of the time. Perversely (or perhaps logically?) I thought his best (home) games were when he was called into action as a makeshift right-sided CH.

Just didn’t quite work out here for him.

Never got a consistent run of games for us - illness, injury and personal issues meant we never quite saw what he could do. All things outside of his control

He’s More than good enough to be a huge success for rangers if things fall right.

Just didn’t quite work out here for him.

Never got a consistent run of games for us - illness, injury and personal issues meant we never quite saw what he could do. All things outside of his control

He’s More than good enough to be a huge success for rangers if things fall right.
I Think this is about right as a summary

I thought he had a few decent games and perhaps could’ve had a better run in the side if those issues you mention hasn’t happened.

I certainly feel we were better, in the end with Robinson but Davies was in a decent back up if needed.

He wasn’t the player I expected him to be and I think he was ok… we probably didn’t see the best of him.

I think what was going on off the field effected him a fair bit and injury didn't help (along with half of the squad)

He seems like a decent bloke, we didn't see the best of him but I will remember him for that last minute goal against Blackburn.

I was going to say, he gave the Night of the Chirpy Cunts so I'll always be grateful for that. Overall pretty disappointing, of course with mitigating circumstances.

I was going to say, he gave the Night of the Chirpy Cunts so I'll always be grateful for that. Overall pretty disappointing, of course with mitigating circumstances.

I think without the mitigating circumstances I think we would have seen better from him.

We do assume players are like robots and can totally switch off from serious matters at home.

…….so Liverpool buy him for an initial fee of roughly £500k, never making an appearance for them, they then probably get that back from us last season for loaning him to us, now they sell him to Rangers for £4M? Someone is going to have to explain how this is even possible as he’s done fuck all for ages for whatever reasons. 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom