CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'd scouted Ben Davies after JOC got injured when he entered his last year of his contract with Preston.

Didn't they quote us £12m and CW said no?

Liverpool signed him for £2m in the JTW.

Probably might not have stopped us getting relegated, but anything was better then our left channel was for the majority of that season.

UTB

Would benefit from playing along side an aerially dominant partner like Egan should be

On todays bbc gossip page saying he still believes he has a future at liverpool, i cant see it myself as he didnt get a sniff when half of the defence was missing. But if it means he puts the effort in to show them,its a win win situation

Money issues and the fact that he couldn’t dislodge Jack Robinson during the latter stages of the season. I was hoping for big things when we signed him last year but it didn’t really pan out for one reason or another. That said, he had off-field issues to contend with and he seems like a really decent guy. I wish him well, I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for someone.

The people who reckon jacky long throws is better than Ben Davies are the same ones who slag Berge off cause he dunt win hederzzzz

Would sign him if we had a chance IMO but we are skint

Money issues and the fact that he couldn’t dislodge Jack Robinson during the latter stages of the season. I was hoping for big things when we signed him last year but it didn’t really pan out for one reason or another. That said, he had off-field issues to contend with and he seems like a really decent guy. I wish him well, I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for someone.

Ditto all that

Probably wants a daft fee like 10m.

They got him for a pittance. They should let him leave for one. They had no intention of allowing him to make a career there.

The people who reckon jacky long throws is better than Ben Davies are the same ones who slag Berge off cause he dunt win hederzzzz

Don't see how the two are linked.

Berge spent a long time getting settled in the UK and finding a role and now as a no 10 or right sided attacker of three he's found where he can do most damage. Anyone suggesting he's been amazing since day one is kidding themselves. Like saying Coutts was always excellent when he only was under Wilder with Fleck and Duffy.

Davies isn't physical enough, he gets pushed around far too easily and it leads to goals. He's a pale replacement for O'Connell and as bad as Robinson has been in the past, he finished in the team on merit and I dare say as our best defender.

At the beginning of the season I would have held the same view as you, but it's hard not to acknowledge that one of them fell below expectations and the other in the end finished above them.

Too many liabilities for a prudent club to get involved with, sad as his off-field situation seems to be.

Probably wants a daft fee like 10m.

They got him for a pittance. They should let him leave for one. They had no intention of allowing him to make a career there.
Not sure they’ll have much choice. Who’s going to pay a fee and pick up his wages?
He’s also got a lot going on in his private life which could impact his availability and he didn’t make a starting position his own in a Championshipn side playing 3 central defenders.

I actually think he could be a solid player but that tweet sounds like a something put out by someone who the club deliberately feed stories to. He’s on high wages, and with a fee as well I can’t see anyone who could pay the money to be interested, including us.

He's a better player than Robinson. He has demonstrated this for years. With everything going on off-field he clearly hasn't been able to maintain those standards this season. Concentration has been a major issue. He's on far more than we could every match, regardless.

Robinson looked ten times the player second half of the season.
I wouldn't want Davies anywhere near out back 3

I'm.berges biggest fan by the way

Don't see how the two are linked.

Berge spent a long time getting settled in the UK and finding a role and now as a no 10 or right sided attacker of three he's found where he can do most damage. Anyone suggesting he's been amazing since day one is kidding themselves. Like saying Coutts was always excellent when he only was under Wilder with Fleck and Duffy.

Davies isn't physical enough, he gets pushed around far too easily and it leads to goals. He's a pale replacement for O'Connell and as bad as Robinson has been in the past, he finished in the team on merit and I dare say as our best defender.

At the beginning of the season I would have held the same view as you, but it's hard not to acknowledge that one of them fell below expectations and the other in the end finished above them.

He was physically enough and good enough for Liverpool to sign him

He had a poor season for plenty for plenty of reasons but when he got his self he briefly showed he was a very good player imo

I like robinson btw he is more than good enough for us I just think Davies is better

He had a poor season for plenty for plenty of reasons but when he got his self he briefly showed he was a very good player imo

I like robinson btw he is more than good enough for us I just think Davies is better

Hecky seems to be of a different opinion ad invariably he picked JLT over him when both fit.

Liverpool also have never played him. In one game. They'll make their money back and then some on a couple of season loans and then he will move on as Klopp realised he is not up to the level even as Phillips or Williams.

I was really disappointed with Davies. He is a decent ball player but even with his distribution he took way too long to move it on and rarely recall him coming out and forward with the ball. Defensively he would lose big headers & challenges and switched off at key times. I'd wager he cost us more goals for these deficiencies than any other player.

Be a complete waste of valuable funds trying to sign him. Rather we took a chance on a lower league player up and coming.

Long term I'm not sure JLT is the answer but he had a good season and rather we use our signings/wages/PL loan on a midfielder/forward.

He was a defender available for a nominal fee last January when Liverpool had a defensive crisis. He's not played a single minute for their first team, despite them at one stage having five centre halves out.

My take on it is that Robinson has grasped the nettle and stepped up where Davies hasn’t, Liverpool took an educated gamble but financially they could afford to and tbh I don’t think financially they’ll lose money on him.

Meh, JOC if he’s coming back it will have to be this upcoming season. lopeta could figure and Robinson has gone from R2D2 to one of the first names on the team sheet.

I thank him and wish him well in finding a team and with his private life issues.

I don't want this to come over in any way as uncaring, I mean this in a practical sense!.
I sincerely hope all works out well for him in his private life and his career, but as a team we are not in a position where we need a player with such serious off-field distraction/s at present.

Back
Top Bottom