CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a bit of debate to whether he just had a purple patch or is actually good. They paid £7m and it seems they don't feel they got their worth. The general feeling is he has looked superb at times and truly terrible at times.

Villarreal fans just think he's dogshit.
Then we will love him

Not a fan of anyone who feels the need to change their name to try and make themselves sound more loyal to a nation they hadn't visited since they were a baby.

George Baldock didn't become Giorgios Mpaldok FFS!

Would rather have Szmodics anyway.
Totally agree

sincerely yours

Bell4 Artichoke

Why would he be a ‘free signing ….next season” ?
because he's an expensive resource that they're not getting value from. A deal for us to pick up his contract would be a sensible solution, unless they think someone is going to pay a significant fee and pick up his contract as well. If he wants to come, of course there could be a smaller fee involved, but I think £5-7m unless he's had a real purple patch with us is unlikely. Good luck to them though if they can find someone to pay it as well as his terms that would also interest him.

I changed my name to Tom Jones-Nahasapeemapetalon but the Indian FA still rejected me for the national side.

Upon reflection, the face paint and the accent didn't help my cause.
Should have changed it to "Tom Jones- Singh, I have seen many Indians with the surname Singh never a "Nahasapeemapetalon" The Indian FA would have made you team captain Tom Jones- Singh, Face paint would not have been necessary.

Honest question.

How does Jebbo get a game?

If we play 4-3-3, Brereton-Diaz plays left. Right now, McAtee plays right.

That leaves one immediate spot to go for and Archer is far more proven.

Let’s even say we play a midfield now of (L to R): McAtee-Souza-Hamer.

We then move Archer wide. Jebbison still has to get past McBurnie, Brewster and Osula, the former two we paid a combined 44m for.

I like the idea of Jebbison. 6’3” or 6’5” not slow, but there isn’t much evidence other than an odd cameo, that he’s kicked on from his time at Burton.

If he had been progressing as required, he should have remained ahead of Osula and pushed McBurnie out of the reckoning. But injuries, form, ill-discipline all mean that he hasn’t.

So either he’s got to show a lot in the next few weeks or else he’s simply odd man out, and if we stick to 4-3-3 and play McAtee or a new guy on the right, then a similar case can be made for Brewster too.

5-3-2 would make it even less likely as I can’t see much beyond Brereton-Diaz and Archer as a pair.

Main reason to retain him is that we see relegation as almost inevitable and we are resigned to losing McAtee, Archer, Brereton-Diaz and McBurnie, at which point you’re left with him, Osula and Brewster for the new season. Let’s not also forget high hopes for Oné.

Only at that point does he seemingly get minutes. You may even retain McBurnie to make up a 4 with a few youths backing up as 5th and 6th options.

I just don’t see much for him this season. So maybe a 5-10m fee is seen as more useful by the management.
Good post and agreed with Brereton-Diaz and Archer. But…..

We do need someone to feed them. Our MF has been out run, out muscled and out played in nearly every game.

This looks like a concerted effort to assemble the dreamiest squad of players around. Sander left a big hole for a tall handsome fella, and BBD looks like the man to fill it (fnar fnar). Then Kaspar for any ladies or gentlemen who prefer blondes.

I think it would be a great start to the transfer window to get these two through the door - for footballing rather than aesthetic reasons.

Feel mixed on this one.
He's obviously got some talent, I've seen him play well and score some excellent goals for Blackburn. But how good is he and how consistent is he outside of that one season? Lastly is he good enough to step into the PL?

That said he brings some height and physicality into the team up top and likes a curler from edge of the area.

As a side note it's typical we sign a Chilean international who was born in stoke.

So we're going to blow a good chunk on a loan striker when we don't own a good one in this position?Screenshot_20240103_180816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not a fan of anyone who feels the need to change their name to try and make themselves sound more loyal to a nation they hadn't visited since they were a baby.

George Baldock didn't become Giorgios Mpaldok FFS!

Would rather have Szmodics anyway.
It's totally standard in Spanish speaking countries to use both parents' surnames.

Mad that anyone would have an issue with him adding his Mum's maiden name to honour his change of circumstances. He's automatically had Chilean citizenship since birth. I think he got his Chilean passport recently when all this kicked off so maybe the change was to coincide with that.

Baldock is Greek through his grandparents - it'd be a bit odd if he took his Nan's name and both his parents being British! It's not a custom in Greece anyway, that's more relevant.

Also he does have a Greek name - FIFA/UEFA dictate that the Roman alphabet is used on shirts but if he ever played in the Greek league I'm certain he'd use it. It's Μπόλντοκ, if you want to know.

shame were not going to be able to get to keep archer and brereton-diaz next season if were in the championship think those 2 would get us minimum 40 goals between em

Just with Ben and his great uncle, Ernesto Diaz (of Time Crisis II fame). Apparently another club is wanting to lon. I’m currently using Iberia wi-fi, but i’ll keep updated.

Just with Ben and his great uncle, Ernesto Diaz (of Time Crisis II fame). Apparently another club is wanting to lon. I’m currently using Iberia wi-fi, but i’ll keep updated.
Thanks but no thanks

Back
Top Bottom