A lot better

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I liked the bit where we scored two goals and the other team only scored one.

I do hope I didn't just give the ending away for LA Blade.

we won.
Great stuff.
possession 70%.
passed it around. couldnt ask for more!

Decent win
Decent football
Brandy looks dangerous and can piss teams off.
Coady looks good

Porter still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

enjoyed that immensely ,macdonald looks made for the no 10 role and coady looked a nice tidy footballer when he came on
brandy was ok flattered to deceive first half but came into it more second but most impressive was the organization and the comfort on the ball ,great to see

Anybody think Porter will be surplus to requirements come the January window? Just have a feeling that once Taylor gets his shooting boots on,his appearances will be limited.

The goals will come, think when Taylor is settled and sharp and Miller fit again we'll take a lot more of those chances

enjoyed that immensely ,macdonald looks made for the no 10 role and coady looked a nice tidy footballer when he came on
brandy was ok flattered to deceive first half but came into it more second but most impressive was the organization and the comfort on the ball ,great to see

That was enjoyable, can't remember last game I could say that about.

What a difference versus the crap we saw after Christmas.

Best of all Weir will not let standards drop

Great game to watch,a nice signing with Brandy he is a player nice one Mr Weir.Porter needs to finish those two golden chances he could have killed the game off himself.

Porter needs to finish those two golden chances he could have killed the game off himself.
Could say the same about a few of them to be fair.

The big, big thing for me, is you can see it's not by accident.

KMac's goal was textbook, similar at Raith and it's a familiar move from pre-season.

McGinn will quietly get on with doing all the right things, always being available and making Doyle look better.

The increased movement in the middle and being comfortable on the ball is complimented by having others for the opposition to worry about. They can't double up on McDonald, when they also have the pace of Brandy to think about.

Where's the five threads abusing Williams by the way? I know we've had a few Porter digs, but is everyone feeling okay?

Well that was a delight to watch. Crisp intelligent passing, positive tempo, hard-work and neat trickery. Keep creating those chances and we're in for a very interesting year.

Also thought we dealt with the blunt instrument of Notts County very well. In a game marking 125 years of the Football League, it felt at times as though we were seeing two sides from opposite ends of that timeframe.

Really enjoyable. An extremely mature performance. I'm not sure county touched the Ball between equaling and going behind. We played it exactly right against 10 men.

If we had a striker on form, it could have been 5 or 6.

I bet a few League 1 managers would have watched that tonight and be worried! If we can play like that we should be confident of taking on any team and winning! HP :)

Anybody think Porter will be surplus to requirements come the January window? Just have a feeling that once Taylor gets his shooting boots on,his appearances will be limited.
I think that if Taylor gets his shooting boots on, both he and Brandy will be on their way to new clubs come the January window.

Three things:

1, attacking fullbacks
2, pace
3, work rate

We looked a bit like the team of two years ago. If we've unearthed a striker in Taylor then happy days.

Really enjoyable. An extremely mature performance. I'm not sure county touched the Ball between equaling and going behind. We played it exactly right against 10 men.

If we had a striker on form, it could have been 5 or 6.

Quite by accident, whilst trawling through the channels of dross on New Zealand TV. I found, for the first time one showing the Blades, I nearly spilled my breakfast porridge. At last I could put faces to names and ENJOY a game.
Well done lads, you made my week end special.

Lots of positives, lots of good performances from players playing in new roles and with a few new teammates. The formation worked well and the players played with a lot of freedom, roaming around and supporting the-not-so-lone striker well.

Felt sorry for Porter that he couldn't convert his two biggest chances. They came at him very quickly and he did ok otherwise, so stay off his back please. I have a little hope that he'll turn out a cult hero for us this season.

Brandy, McDonald and Murphy (first half) was our best performers, encouraging stuff from Westlake, McGinn and Coady too, while the others also did well.

Where can we improve?

• Finishing/shooting!

• We won't play against ten men every game, and there will be games where there is more space to run into behind the opposition defence. Taylor may be better suited to those games, as he's got more pace than Porter and will stretch teams more. Murphy, McDonald and Brandy supported Porter well, but they didn't make too many runs beyond him.

• At left back Williams did some things well, he was eager to get forward, made himself available and got into some good positions. Unlike Westlake, his problem is that he never did anything constructive when he got the ball. Even when in excellent positions to take on a midfielder who was moved to right back, he decided to pass it backwards - every time! It shows a lack of ability and/or confidence, and if we are going to improve even more, we need good attacking contributions from every position. Williams often passed to players in worse positions than himself, and Weir can't accept that in the long run. It's a shame because he's the right TYPE of full back for this set up, as I said he is eager to get forward and when he does he often opened up space for the winger to cut inside. Still it's the main position we can improve at, in my opinion, based on today.

Hard to tell when you play against 10 men all game. 3 points is 3 points all day george. A bit of a chance for a confidence building 4 or 5 win missed i feel.

I think a few months of intense cows bum hitting with a banjo training could come in handy though. It's not just Porter, it's the lot who can't shoot straight. Mind you, that's probably why they play for us. If they could shoot, we would have sold em ages ago. Or never signed em. I still think we will get another striker in, just hope we don't lose anybody to make it happen. If we could eke out a relatively experienced, but not bloody ancient, cheap striker from somewhere i think we could have a decent team. Goals win games, as somebody clever probably once said.

We seem to be overloaded with defenders right now, anybody 100% maguire will still be here in a months time?

Hard to tell when you play against 10 men all game. 3 points is 3 points all day george. A bit of a chance for a confidence building 4 or 5 win missed i feel.

I think a few months of intense cows bum hitting with a banjo training could come in handy though. It's not just Porter, it's the lot who can't shoot straight. Mind you, that's probably why they play for us. If they could shoot, we would have sold em ages ago.. Or never signed em. I still thing we will get another striker in, just hope we don't lose anybody to make it happen. If we could eek out a relatively experienced, but not bloody ancient, cheap striker from somewhere i think we could have a decent team. Goals win games, as somebody clever probably once said.

We seem to be overloaded with defenders right now, anybody 100% maguire will still be here in a months time?

If he keeps making mistakes like tonight he will be around for a while yet.

Got himself out of jail with his goal...

If he keeps making mistakes like tonight he will be around for a while yet.

Got himself out of jail with his goal...

He would have got a free kick from a lot of referees, but yes if he hadn't been appealing for it he probably could have blocked Showunmi's shot. Should our two defensive central midfielders have been closer to the situation?

He would have got a free kick from a lot of referees, but yes if he hadn't been appealing for it he probably could have blocked Showunmi's shot. Should our two defensive central midfielders have been closer to the situation?

Absolutely no-one should have stopped without a whistle, especially Maguire.

I have the utmost confidence that Mr Weir will have made that very clear afterwards :)

Back
Top Bottom