Poor Weather Conditions - Better Blades performances?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Furphy's Aces 'silk' scarf nicked by a 15 year old Zulu in training May 76. Still getting over it.
Boxing Day, away at Huddersfield, 1969.

Bert had the same problem.

Eternal suffering and damnation to all Huddersfield fans.

There was a biblical rainstorm on the day we got relegated from the Premier League against Wigan.

True.....really rounded off a totally depressing day....walking home in a heavy downpour.

However in the 1982 4th division season we played a night match at home to Northampton.
Think a heavy downpour started at half time when we were 4-0 up
Early in the 2nd half we scored again to make it 5-0 then the rain came down even harder. Visibility became poor and there were pools of water forming all over the pitch preventing the ball from rolling properly.

I remember at the time thinking United have a chance of reaching double figures scoring 10
and God comes along and thinks...I'll put a stop to that....really thought the match would be postponed
but the rain stopped mid way through the second half. Conditions were still terrible though.

I remember in the 2nd half Bob Hatton clean through, just the goalie to beat.
He rounded the keeper and rolled the ball into an empty net.
The Kop were celebrating the goal.....then the ball hit a pool of water near the goal line and stopped rolling.
Their defender came back and cleared it off the line.

From being 5-0 up, we took our foot off the pedal and when Northampton pulled it back to 6-3 I remember the Blades crowd were booing. We scored another goal late on to make it more reflective of the game winning 7-3.

Then there was the Bournmouth match in the PL about 4 years ago with 60 mph winds and the national media advising people not to travel long distances unless it was essential. Inside the stadium it wasn't too bad.Think we drew 1-1.

Back
Top Bottom