Poor Weather Conditions - Better Blades performances?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rudders

Enjoining agressivity
Reaction score
Just saying as the fog and rain rolled in off Shoreham Street for the second half I knew we would play a lot better. I almost think the poor weather had a psychological impact on the Wolves players and fans.
At the end I was thinking about Heckys first game in charge with loads of snow against Bristol City and how we played a lot better when it started snowing then.
Terrible weather for all our home games from now on please!

Just saying as the fog and rain rolled in off Shoreham Street for the second half I knew we would play a lot better. I almost think the poor weather had a psychological impact on the Wolves players and fans.
At the end I was thinking about Heckys first game in charge with loads of snow against Bristol City and how we played a lot better when it started snowing then.
Terrible weather for all our home games from now on please!
Southern softies

Anyone else thought the ball was sticking near the south stand and really zipping away on john street side

It’s a leveller for sure which nowadays is a rarity given five subs, more added time than ever, var (today excepted), etc.

First time in the last 5 years they didn't have the sprinklers on prior to the game today

Southern softies
Definitely part of our plan to rough them up a bit, tackle strongly, give them an extra push or a little kick here and there, generally making them uncomfortable. The crowd played an important part. In the end they looked like they didn't really want to be there.

Definitely part of our plan to rough them up a bit, tackle strongly, give them an extra push or a little kick here and there, generally making them uncomfortable. The crowd played an important part. In the end they looked like they didn't really want to be there.

Crowd second half 10/10.

Think poor conditions can reduce the quality and level things out a bit which helps us. Wolves themselves held Newcastle very well to a draw in horrible conditions last week.

There was famously four inches of lying snow on the pitch when we won 10-0 away at Port Vale in 1892.

I also recall a match against Southampton in the early 90s where we scored four goals (two from Bob Booker if I recall correctly) in the first 30 minutes, but there were genuine fears the match might get abandonded due to fog (it was due to fog!).

So there could be something in this. Certainly makes you think...

Last season we were terrible vs Luton at Home (after the snow week) & really good at the start of last season in the sun, I also remember that glorious sunny day when we battered Aston Villa in the 18/19 promotion season.

I think the fans are very much impacted by what's happening on the pitch, as Norwood said recently it only takes one Robinson tackle or a bad decision to get the fans going.

it only takes one Robinson tackle or a bad decision to get the fans going.

Usually happens in the same incident!
Robinson still tackles like he's playing mens football, most opponents/refs think it's a game for the nonce. Sad days indeed.

There was famously four inches of lying snow on the pitch when we won 10-0 away at Port Vale in 1892.

I also recall a match against Southampton in the early 90s where we scored four goals (two from Bob Booker if I recall correctly) in the first 30 minutes, but there were genuine fears the match might get abandonded due to fog (it was due to fog!).

John gannon penalty in the top tier of the lane end. I think that was in the middle of our 7 wins in a row

John gannon penalty in the top tier of the lane end. I think that was in the middle of our 7 wins in a row
No, that was our 3rd league win that season before we lost to Palace and Man City. After that was the 7 wins in a row starting from Hodges' winner against Derby

I think I remember this one too (not the Port Vale game). I remember the game where we were 4-0 up against Southampton, and they brought on Neil "Razor"Ruddock at HT, who was immense and stopped us scoring another. I always respected him after that.

I don't remember any fog though. Not to say there wasn't any, just I don't remember that bit of it.

And had my scarf nicked in underpass saints fans both sides walked straight through them and got a bit of a kicking n all
Bert can remember that, he walked through but escaped unharmed.

Leeds Fan nicked silk scarf from 8 year old Sitwells wrist in 1971 , night match as i was stood on the kop alleyway. 'Uncle Tony' jumped down gave him good pasting followed by about 30 others and gave it me back.

Back
Top Bottom