What a wanker Fleck is

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have labelled it a stupid challenge elsewhere and that it cost us two points (Wilder cost us the other one). I think that’s fair enough criticism.

He’s a good player and usually makes decent decisions. He’s certainly not a wanker.
He was tonight

Although the replay makes the sending off look harsh if a player does that every game they'll get sent off regularly, he needs to learn todays rules and not how forgiving they were years ago. Unfortunately footy is well on the way to becoming a non contact sport.
Agree with you on this...the biggest worry is who replaces him. A month ago we had the best midfield there in this division now two of them are unavailable until after Christmas

Fleck has been awesome for us. A pivotal player and one of the first names on the team sheet. However, from time to time he is prone to rash challenges like this. He got away with one at Leeds I think. Today he got caught out.
It's his temperament. But still I wouldn't drop him or sell him for the world.

Any need? Doubtful it was even a sending off. He got the ball full on and the player's foot caught his trailing sliding foot. Far from dirty, certainly not deliberate, clumsy at best. Harsh as fuck post TBH.

Well said. Unfortunately I watched on Sky but had the benefit of replays! He did jump in but it wasn't two footed, wasn't malicious and he got the ball; the referee was very close also. This sort of thing really pisses me off in the game today, you simply cannot make a hard challenge because of the extremely over reactive nature of officials and players. The game is way too soft for my liking.

View attachment 34141

That right there is a cunt’s tackle and we’d all be calling it for what it is if it were the other way around.

I wouldn't be calling him a cunt, opposition player or not (having seen the replays). Yes, it was clumsy, but no way it was intended. Watch it at speed. He gets the ball with one foot and follows through with the other. Absolutely no intent.

McEveley's tackle vs the Coventry lad the other season was far worse (and he didn't get this kind of abuse!). I get people are pissed off because of the result, but some of the reactions on here are ridiculous!

Is there anything to be gained from abusing our own players after a decent performance (even resulting in a loss)?

Fleck tackles hard just part of his game so does Coutts part of what makes them effective.
You should know as a player they are not going to shy away from a tackle.
He caught him with the trailing leg ref called it a red under pressure from their players.The guy wasn't hurt they just made a show out of it he sat on the bench in no discomfort for the rest of the game,it gave them an opportunity to make a sub to go ahead against ten men..

Full blooded tackle that went wrong, right foot on ball, trailing leg does the damage. On the winning goal Jack nearly had his head took off with a high boot. But the chinless wonder if a ref missed. Btw Bristol are a moaning,diving, sneaky pull on the shoulder fuckers. I consider us to be a better team than them.

Except he didn't go in with "both feet". Watch it again. 21:05 here. His left foot is high, but he gets the ball full on with that foot. He's sliding along the floor with his right foot, and catches the player with it (and I'm being generous, another view would be that he collides with the player with his sliding foot. So not even a foul!).

Not that I expect fairness from a reporter from The Star :D

Shall we play a game of spot the other foot?

lunge_2.jpg

What a stupid thing to say. How are you supposed to stop yourself halfway through a tackle, hit the pause button?!

Funny how there must be dozens of 50/50 tackles in every single football game but 99.9% of them are made with only one foot and on the ground, isn't it?

Shall we play a game of spot the other foot?

lunge_2.jpg

Watch the video I posted. His trailing (right) foot is clearly on the floor as he makes full contact with the ball with his left foot. He then makes contact with the player and yes, his (trailing) foot rises up his boot to his leg. That is NOT a two footed tackle (as you claimed).

Bit of a twat's game posting a single freeze-framed shot to judge a (one of our own) player's intent when things happen in real time (as I said, I wouldn't expect any less from The Stir). I think the rest of us saw it in real time, and those that didn't, would at least watch the video before making judgment.

Last edited by a moderator:
No intent to do Smith or anything from Fleck...he just wanted to win the ball..a committed tackle,but a bit rash and definately a sending off to be fair.
Shame really,we were battering them.

It’s a no from me.
And wanker post to boot...

Full blooded tackle that went wrong, right foot on ball, trailing leg does the damage. On the winning goal Jack nearly had his head took off with a high boot. But the chinless wonder if a ref missed. Btw Bristol are a moaning,diving, sneaky pull on the shoulder fuckers. I consider us to be a better team than them.
He also allowed Duffy to be pulled back onto the ground as he attacked their penalty area with 3 players around him that was the turnover that led to them taking the ball up the field to score.They got away with sneaky stuff and constantly complained at the ref,it worked for them he started letting fouls go.I would have thought he could hear the crowd who were not happy with him.

He went in with both feet. You can't do that. He didn't go in to hurt their player but to try and win the ball but as I said you can't do that. Even if you win the ball and don't touch the man, still a red.
Bit daft but wanker? Really? Fuck me

Watch the video I posted. His trailing (right) foot is clearly on the floor as he makes full contact with the ball with his left foot. He then makes contact with the player and yes, his foot rises up his boot to his leg. That is NOT a two footed tackle (as you claimed).

Bit of a twat's game posting a single freeze-framed shot to judge a (one of our own) player's intent when things happen in real time (as I said, I wouldn't expect any less from The Stir). I think the rest of us saw it in real time, and those that didn't, would at least watch the video before making judgment.

I didn't claim it was a two-footed tackle. Putting words in someone's mouth is a twat's trick, too. I said he went in with both feet. Can you tell me where his other foot is in the picture? I saw it in real-time, too, and several replays since. It was a shocker. And plenty not from 'The Stir' :tumbleweed:seem to be of the same opinion, which is strange :rolleyes:

What a stupid title for this thread.

John Fleck makes a rash tackle and he's suddenly a wanker. Been a star for 18 months and gets one of our so called fans coming out with this uncalled for bollocks.

You might say Fleck's had it coming to him for a while, because that's just the full-blooded, totally committed way he plays.

And I hope he plays in exactly the same way when he comes back off his suspension. No blame attaching to him at all IMO.

There was no intention at all to hurt the lad, just like Sordell had no intention to hurt Coutts.

But no complaints at all about him being sent off.

Back
Top Bottom