What a wanker Fleck is

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Sordell breaking Coutts’ leg isn’t a foul, then Smith ought’ve been booked for diving. It was not a fucking red card. Didn’t have a clue at the time but the replays show he took away the ball and clattered into the Bristol player. The lad isn’t injured and I guarantee will be starting their next game. Fucking cheating cunts. Cannot stand Bristol, especially after tonight.
He limped off. After the red card. If he wasn’t injured surely he’d have stayed on.

I think Fleck has got away with a few rash challenges and yes cost us the game, the shame is a 3 game ban but i would"nt change him wears his heart on his sleeve and gives everything for the cause & well done the 10 men gave it a real go UTBFTO

Out of order calling him a wanker but it was a reckless needless challenge that probably cost us 3 points the way the game was going.

May well cost us more with the games we have coming up.

Shit thread. Fleck made a strong challenge, nothing malicious. The City player meshed it and as a result got hurt. Yellow at worst, not even that for me. Carruthers was wiped out in a similar fashion in the box and everyone says it's a great tackle.
To say he was one of the best refs is laughable, the centre backs had free reign all night to have both hands in the back of our centre forwards without being punished.

Similar fashion? o_O

Is that a Star headline ?

Correct spelling, grammar spot on... can’t be :rolleyes:

Daft, unnecessary tackle which cost us last night and may well cost us the next three games as well.
Be tempted to go long ball until he's back.

At the Lane, at the Lane, we're all f@**ing wankers at the Lane ... :D
A slight slip results in a bad tackle ,which was a red card offence ,but not malicious and so called Blades want him hung drawn and quartered. Wanker ,cunt and shitwasp are just 3 of the delightful names Sheffield Utd fans call one of our top 3 players. These expletives are far better matched to the people who posted them.

In other words, you can't stop once you've flown into the challenge (contrary to your original comment), which wasn't two footed nor malicious; he won the ball first therefore it wasn't even a foul. Cheers Danny, got there in the end eh lad?
I think the rules now make it an offence to be out of control and recklessly endanger the safety of an opponent. The days of Jack Charlton kicking the ball and the player into the stand as retribution are long-gone, whether we like it or not. Fleck plays on the edge and got that one wrong; he is still one of our best players.

I thought Fleck's challenge was feisty, but he got the ball and 9 times out of 10 that would have been a booking at worst.

Going to be interesting now without our two best midfield players in the squad?

Credit to Lundstram last night btw - I thought he stepped up to the plate really well, not the finished article for sure, but the lad really is trying his best and he deserves to keep the shirt imo.

Go on, tell us - Happy for you to dive in with both feet off the floor, don't even both with ball - the shitwasp deserves pelters big style
(I reckon you'll get plenty of 'likes')
It was a rash tackle but Fleck does not deserve to be called a wanker, a cunt or a shitwasp. You might be better pleased watching your football at the sty.

I think the rules now make it an offence to be out of control and recklessly endanger the safety of an opponent. The days of Jack Charlton kicking the ball and the player into the stand as retribution are long-gone, whether we like it or not. Fleck plays on the edge and got that one wrong; he is still one of our best players.

I wouldn't change Fleck for the world! Whatever people's differing opinions on the tackle last night, the game is so soft and sanitised these days, it really boils my piss!!

Don't particularly mind getting Fleck getting sent off - how about Phillips challenge on Baldock at Elland Road a few weeks back.

Where is the consistency ONCE again? Well there isn't consistency and it's all we fans ask for.

Some sort of level playing field is needed. With Phillips it's simple - he got a yellow, but even so, retrospective punishment should be introduced to balance up when we get shit officials. Really thought they would be better than L1 - not convinced they are after what we have seen this season.

UTB

Don't particularly mind getting Fleck getting sent off - how about Phillips challenge on Baldock at Elland Road a few weeks back.

Where is the consistency ONCE again? Well there isn't consistency and it's all we fans ask for.

Some sort of level playing field is needed. With Phillips it's simple - he got a yellow, but even so, retrospective punishment should be introduced to balance up when we get shit officials. Really thought they would be better than L1 - not convinced they are after what we have seen this season.

UTB
Really? You can’t accept that the ref just made a mistake at Leeds but got yesterday’s absolutely correct?
Retrospective action only helps the other teams in the league, as it weakens Leeds against them.
They can go back and ban him but it doesn’t help us.

John Fleck is my favourite Blade and has been for a while.

If he indulges in a bit of onanism from time to time, that's his own business

The W word was way over the top in the OP but I can understand the frustration straight after the game as his absence yesterday and for the next 3 games might cost us dearly. Highly unprofessional in my view and although he's a great player it had been coming with his overly aggressive attitude which he'd got away with a few in previous matches when he might have seen red. Needs to be a bit smarter and avoid the hari kari stuff and think of the team and if he looks back at it he might see his value has gone down as folk will wonder now when he'll do that again. The photos show a 100% certain red under the current rules but totally unnecessary and it cost us dearly.

Really? You can’t accept that the ref just made a mistake at Leeds but got yesterday’s absolutely correct?
Retrospective action only helps the other teams in the league, as it weakens Leeds against them.
They can go back and ban him but it doesn’t help us.

Retrospective action? yes, it's already happening.

retrospective bans for diving.
VAR at the Russia World Cup
Goal line technology for a few seasons now - technology will be introduced more as time goes go - it's quite inevitable.

UTB

Retrospective action? yes, it's already happening.

retrospective bans for diving.
VAR at the Russia World Cup
Goal line technology for a few seasons now - technology will be introduced more as time goes go - it's quite inevitable.

UTB
Video tech isn’t really retrospective, generally people use retrospective action when sanctions are imposed post game.
Personally I’ve no problem with a 4th official with access to all angles highlighting things the ref may have missed.

Video tech isn’t really retrospective, generally people use retrospective action when sanctions are imposed post game.
Personally I’ve no problem with a 4th official with access to all angles highlighting things the ref may have missed.

you make a point - but helping referees to be more consistent is needed - and hopefully make them get decisions correct more often.

We need to cut out cheats - hence retrospective action for that. Refs, especially in the prem seem to be getting loads of decisions wrong with penalties.

The game is now much much faster, yet refs eyes can't get better to keep up with the game.

We need to help them in ways that were unheard of years ago.

The authorities need to clamp down in other ways - watch hockey and how when a foul is committed, the fouling team immediately run off - unlike the pansies in football who crowd round the ball and ref while he marks out 10 yards. Same with rugby union - a quick penalty is taken and the opposition can't touch the player for 10 metres. Let players take free kicks quickly in football and if an opposition player gets in the way - yellow card.

There are daft situations in football - it needs help in many ways.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom