One mistake that cost us today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Argentinemanager

Reaction score
For me one mistake by the referee, who by the way had a decent game, the booking of mcburnie, it wasnt a booking but this forced wilders hand into subbing mcburnie,due to his past misdemeanours when on a booking. If mcburnie stays on we win that ,he holds the ball up and would have got his head on there first goal. A very good game from the starters as for the subs , a bit of a meh

For me one mistake by the referee, who by the way had a decent game, the booking of mcburnie, it wasnt a booking but this forced wilders hand into subbing mcburnie,due to his past misdemeanours when on a booking. If mcburnie stays on we win that ,he holds the ball up and would have got his head on there first goal. A very good game from the starters as for the subs , a bit of a meh
I don’t think that’s why he was subbed off. I think he’s quite a way from being able to play 90 minutes.

But I agree it wasn’t a booking. Probably down to the reputation that he’s built for himself.

I don’t think that’s why he was subbed off. I think he’s quite a way from being able to play 90 minutes.

But I agree it wasn’t a booking. Probably down to the reputation that he’s built for himself.

Gary Birtles (who did, I thought, a really good co commentator job today) thought it was a joke booking, and I would agree with you both. As Birtles said, he wasn’t swinging his arm and where else can he put it?

He was going to come off anyway. Most our players can't do 60 minutes or more.

Gary Birtles (who did, I thought, a really good co commentator job today) thought it was a joke booking, and I would agree with you both. As Birtles said, he wasn’t swinging his arm and where else can he put it?
I thought Birtles was balanced, took us seriously and gave us credit where it was due.

It's highly doubtful that McBurnie or Diaz could have done much more than a hour, the biggest disappointment for me was the subs Norwood and Souza were crap, all McAtee did was fall on his arse which is still more than what Osula did which was nothing, he looked more knackered in the 10 minutes he was on than Diaz did after playing most of the game. The front two were excellent today that is the standard Osula has to reach today he was way off the pace. With all four subs being ineffective we were always likely to concede late on and so it proved again our bench is not good enough.

He didn't sub him to save him from a red he just can't manage a full game .I think your right ! Completes the match !we win ,ive said the same in another post.

We were never going to risk McBurnie for the full 90.
What's his problem we don't play for 3 weeks,they were 3 points which would have been great.
I appreciate fitness is all important but sometimes you have to gamble ! Just what is his problem( nobody seems to know)
He had a groin issue which he went abroad to solve is that still his problem ! If so it would be nice to know.
All the teams we play will know he's struggling ! No advantage by keeping stum. Maybe he might get more sympathy if Wilder put us in the loop.Not fooling anybody by! Will he play or won't he .
Not critical of Mcbernie just a frustrated blade.
Just get him fit with a new contract he will be awesome in the championship if fit.

In wilder post match interview he said all the players had cramp at the end of the game...sack the fuckin strength and conditioning department then.
I think that is a given a given at end of the season. Knackered only playing a 38 game season, how do players expect to last 46 next season? Clear out means CLEAR OUT

In wilder post match interview he said all the players had cramp at the end of the game...sack the fuckin strength and conditioning department then.
They were weren't they? We brought in the Wilder fitness guy and hopefully he will get the remarkable record he had before after a full pre season!

They were weren't they? We brought in the Wilder fitness guy and hopefully he will get the remarkable record he had before after a full pre season!
I see young players making debut for other clubs lasting 90 minutes not cramping up..eg. Bradley at Liverpool..Rico Lewis at City,Mainoo at man.u...I know money talks and they have the best people..but its a science int it get the methods right..we look like we,ve been ont piss neyt before sometimes.

I see young players making debut for other clubs lasting 90 minutes not cramping up..eg. Bradley at Liverpool..Rico Lewis at City,Mainoo at man.u...I know money talks and they have the best people..but its a science int it get the methods right..we look like we,ve been ont piss neyt before sometimes.
Arblaster didn't crampup from what I saw.
Probably a planned substitute. I imagine he would be tired which is par for the course after a big jump to prem football

A bit different being a young player coming in for their debut at Liverpool, man City, man utd ain't it. Going into last 15 of a game they are usually winning and have the best defenders, midfielders and goalkeepers around them, so an inexperienced mistake is not likely to lead to a goal.

Chances are these players who you mentioned as well, more than likely already played first team games such as champions league, europa league and domestic cups, so are used to the first team pace.

Our youngsters would last 90 mins on their debut in one of those sides. As mentioned by someone, it will have been pre planned and with us winning at the time you'd have hoped experience players would have been able to see the game out, knowing we'd be defending for the rest of the game. Sadly they let us down and the manager.

Probably a planned substitute. I imagine he would be tired which is par for the course after a big jump to prem football

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_081322_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_081322_Chrome.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 27

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_081322_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_081322_Chrome.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 2
That was a total exageratio n! No way all 16 players had cramp ! Wilder on a rant in his after match interview.

Anyone got his after match interview it seems to have disappeared from planet earth 😁

That was a total exageratio n! No way all 16 players had cramp ! Wilder on a rant in his after match interview.

Anyone got his after match interview it seems to have disappeared from planet earth 😁
His own worst enemy at times.
Archetypal mardy arse Sheffielder whose gob beats the brain to engagement.

I thought it was Gary hinchcliffe? but Who ever, it was i thought they were terrible everything with the benifit of hindsight was= 'he should have done this', 'he should have done that' Neither of them was Pele but you would think so by their comments
But each to his own UTB

I think Birtles is a very good commentator always impartial & insightful 👍

He has just come back from a leg injury as well.

Back
Top Bottom