Good Luck in the Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Your dad was right, feel the same myself and that's after all the excellent keepers at the Lane, many more good than bad in my lifetime. All the other keepers both club and International ones Jennings is the stand out one for me. At his peak his anticipation was unreal making his positioning as near perfect as could be. Born to keep goal, just look at those hands. Temperament second to non with no spectacular saves only when ness.

Met him in a pub near Newry once, his hands reached right round his pint of Guinness. Quite remarkable, I thought at the time.

i have a strange feeling Sours will win the CL
i also had a strange feeling that Leeds wouldn’t beat Wigan or Brentford and that Phillipe Gilbert would win Paris Roubaix
regards mystic pig : D

I smell (super) pork.

Good to see you back of late. Where y’been?

Lads, just wanted to bump this once again (ALTHOUGH PLEASE CHANGE THAT THREAD TITLE NOW) - Fondness remains, been praying for you to get the job and join us back in the Prem, and will continue rooting for you until it is confirmed. Good luck in your final two games - and all being well look forward to returning to Bramall Lane next season!

Cheers Storts, much appreciated! All the best this season in the European Cup as I still call it, and I'm only 40! Spurs are a credit to the PL and to do it with so many English players is even better.

I may be wrong or guilty of stupidity but your dad can't be faulted with that belief. He was something else. I have a healthy respect for HodgysBrokenThumb thoughts on these things and wonder what his views were?
Thanks for your kind words. I have no expertise, but I have always loved watching goalkeepers, and it is one of the reasons I have always preferred to watch football from behind one goal.
Jennings was a true great in my view. He was blessed with good natural ability, and the famous large hands, but I think it was his temperament that made him special. He was the calm presence you would want beside you in the trenches, and dominated the area around the goal as few keepers can. There was little point in playing high crosses in near the goal; he was the kind of keeper who made opponents think of different ways of getting past him. The Currie-Woodward corner routine, playing to the feet of the attacker for him to volley the ball (as Liverpool scored at Cardiff the other day) was one way of trying to overcome keepers like Pat Jennings.

Hope you'll enjoy the new stadium as well - it's fantastic. Only just about recovered from last Wednesday, can't believe we pulled it off.
I watched it with a Spurs fan. I wish I’d filmed his reactions and put it on YouTube.

Lads, just wanted to bump this once again (ALTHOUGH PLEASE CHANGE THAT THREAD TITLE NOW) - Fondness remains, been praying for you to get the job and join us back in the Prem, and will continue rooting for you until it is confirmed. Good luck in your final two games - and all being well look forward to returning to Bramall Lane next season!
Providing we dont massively fuck up I'm really looking forward to visiting your new Stadium, it looks immense

Back
Top Bottom