Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Id be on board with this a fit Sturridge is a good player, left footed aswell which I something I think we need from one of our strikers

He’s better than good, he’s brilliant if fit and motivated.

A lot of short term memories on this board

Struggled with injury yes, but every time he's fit he's a guaranteed goal scorer, if possible on cheap wages he'd be worth a punt for a season

Not having any of this "it's not progressive, he's too old" rubbish either, there's no point signing for the future if we can't even stay in the PL now

It doesn't make any sense the club complaining about they don't want to spend money for a young Rhian Brewster on the fee or wages yet they might spend 40.000.50.000 a week if not higher on a player struggling to stay fit for a full season do they really want to stay up ? 🤔

It doesn't make any sense the club complaining about they don't want to spend money for a young Rhian Brewster on the fee or wages yet they might spend 40.000.50.000 a week if not higher on a player struggling to stay fit for a full season do they really want to stay up ? 🤔

£18m+ on Brewster fee or £2-3m on wages for a free agent? There's a huge huge huge difference there

A lot of short term memories on this board

Struggled with injury yes, but every time he's fit he's a guaranteed goal scorer, if possible on cheap wages he'd be worth a punt for a season

Not having any of this "it's not progressive, he's too old" rubbish either, there's no point signing for the future if we can't even stay in the PL now
Didn't score many for.west brom.when they went down.paying his hundred grand a week wages
In fact he didn't score any

Yes the free agent for the last 3 years as not completed a full season ? Your paying he to sit at home

Yes the free agent for the last 3 years as not completed a full season ? Your paying he to sit at home

Quite clearly the club would be banking on keeping him fit enough to contribute, nobody at Sheffield United is considering Sturridge right now and saying "You know what, we can't afford Brewster so let's pay Daniel Sturridge 3mil even though he'll play a maximum of 3 games"

We've gambled on the fitness of several players since Wilder has come in, and you know what he's got a fantastic set of backroom staff who keep our players consistently fit and healthy, so I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be able to achieve the same with Sturridge

He hasn’t been a free agent for the last three seasons, and he only didn’t complete last season due to a ban on appeal. Prior to that he was playing around 25 games plus a season regularly. If he had played 35-40 we wouldn’t get a sniff of him.
Rather similar to Dids in many ways and if we’re interested in him with Brewster we suddenly have quality and depth at 9 and 10.

Hmmmm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926_193947_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926_193947_com.android.chrome.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 33
Signing an old player with a terrible injury record, smells like a bad signing to me.

He's younger than Aubameyang

Noted, class apart right now, however 31 in the modern game is not old at all

Defoe scored 15 goals in the PL in back to back seasons aged 33-35, still banged them in for Rangers, albeit in the SPFL, last season aged 37 as well

If the deal done is 'pay' if you 'play' only- the signing would be great. Anything other plain daft.

I could see him fitting in our team really well and with our staff he will stay free off injuries as we seem to have kept alot free over the past few years, he was a very good player just lost his way with injuries n mistakes off the pitch maybe just maybe if we sign him could become the striker we need

Its getting to the stage where I'd be happy if we signed Dean Sturridge!

Signing an old player with a terrible injury record, smells like a bad signing to me.

31 is not old!

Also when we brought in Didsy he was injury prone and his career had stalled, the rest is history.

Sturridge comes with a class pedigree and could be this years Didsy.

Back
Top Bottom