Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a capitalist it seems to me that our lack of capital is seemingly our current problem in our quest to sign a good striker.

Can we dip into communism then and get China's state to loan us the dosh?

OK when we default on the 1000% interest they will demand to build a nuclear missile military base in the car park, small fry for a decent striker.

As a capitalist it seems to me that our lack of capital is seemingly our current problem in our quest to sign a good striker.

The Premier League should round up all the good players then redistribute them equally to all 20 clubs. Perhaps then we will see a league where each club has the same points.

...only we won’t. Some players will be more competent and be managed better by coaching teams with varying skills.

Maybe the PL would then deduct points from the 20% of clubs that produce 80% of positive results (Pareto principle) in order to reach equality again.

Any club attempting to purchase players will be sent to the gulag or shot.

And that analogy boys and girls, is why Marxism is a flawed ideology.

Kin el Wilder was talking youth and athleticism now we‘re talking Caroll and Sturridge.
Did he? I remember something about strength and power but can’t recall youth and athleticism.

The Premier League should round up all the good players then redistribute them equally to all 20 clubs. Perhaps then we will see a league where each club has the same points.

...only we won’t. Some players will be more competent and be managed better by coaching teams with varying skills.

Maybe the PL would then deduct points from the 20% of clubs that produce 80% of positive results (Pareto principle) in order to reach equality again.

Any club attempting to purchase players will be sent to the gulag or shot.

And that analogy boys and girls, is why Marxism is a flawed ideology.

Capitalism is clearly working very well, isn’t it? The country makes thirteen biscuits. The rich take twelve of them and say to the middle classes, look out those poor people are trying to steal your biscuit. And that’s why capitalism is a flawed ideology.

You know nothing about Marxism...And you’ve obviously never heard of Groucho.

Kin el Wilder was talking youth and athleticism now we‘re talking Caroll and Sturridge.

I’d Take him if we were getting 2

But nothing screams ‘we’ve missed out young athletic, and pacy targets’ more than this.

we aren’t getting Brewster but I’d prefer the arsenal lad to this.

Sorry I quoted others incorrectly, pace not youth. But feckin nit pickin or what?View attachment 93111
So you’re saying Wilder wants something when actually your source is a poster on here saying he does.
Even with that quality horseshittery. youth and pace ain’t even close to the same thing and Sturridge has both pace and athleticism so it’s hardly nitpicking to call out your made up nonsense.

I really don't think it would be the worst move if we were sensible with basic, contract length and incentives. The reality is, Sturridge at 80% is on a different level to our other strikers based on ability + accomplishments in the game.

Sturridge on a free plus one of Brewster or Balogun is a half decent result, for me.

If Sturridge comes then no way is Brewster or Balogun being signed. People are deluded if they think both are arriving. Sturridge is a an out and out punt because we can’t get afford to get Brewster or Balogun.

Very best scenario is Sturridge with Deeney on loan.

We are taking a huge risk on survival.

I really can't see this.

31, injury prone, no form for years. We'd have to offer him at least 2 years so that would be 3 strikers with us until way past their best.

If this was our one striker signing I would fear the worst.

Did he? I remember something about strength and power but can’t recall youth and athleticism.
Made up horseshitery? Don’t recall him saying that. Get a feckin life, it’s debate and banter, opinion and observation not amateur sleuths pawing over every word in an attempt to catch fellow posters out and call them to account or in this case liars.
I suggest you go read the gizza joke or Tynemouth Blade funny vids threads for a few hours and chill the f*ck out. Better still read the whole The Crab industries threads and get a handle on life.

Made up horseshitery? Don’t recall him saying that. Get a feckin life, it’s debate and banter, opinion and observation not amateur sleuths pawing over every word in an attempt to catch fellow posters out and call them to account or in this case liars.
I suggest you go read the gizza joke or Tynemouth Blade funny vids threads for a few hours and chill the f*ck out. Better still read the whole The Crab industries threads and get a handle on life.
You could have just said you were talking bollocks 🤷‍♂️. Apologies if I missed the joke, I just didn’t see one.
Sturridge has pace, power and athleticism what he doesn’t have is youth and a 35-40 games a season record.

I really can't see this.

31, injury prone, no form for years. We'd have to offer him at least 2 years so that would be 3 strikers with us until way past their best.

Are you talking about Leon Clarke or Didzy?
No, to be serious, he's not my choice either, but and it's a big but, if CWAK put their extended arms around him, sprinkle a bit of Wilder dust on him, who knows? The clock is ticking, as always, in Wilder we trust.

Are you talking about Leon Clarke or Didzy?
No, to be serious, he's not my choice either, but and it's a big but, if CWAK put their extended arms around him, sprinkle a bit of Wilder dust on him, who knows? The clock is ticking, as always, in Wilder we trust.

Which is fair but Didzy now seems to be more injury prone and two have two on the books seems to be asking for trouble. Especially with Moose out/incapable of staying fit.

If I'm just thinking in the short term, it wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as there was another striker coming in as well. I suspect he'd get us 4 or 5 goals and chip in but we desperately need a settled partnership.

I doubt he’s anyone’s first choice but needs must I suppose. Unless we’ve actually got a few quid to spend we’ll be relying on a bit more Wilder magic and this type of signing.

Which is fair but Didzy now seems to be more injury prone and two have two on the books seems to be asking for trouble. Especially with Moose out/incapable of staying fit.

If I'm just thinking in the short term, it wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as there was another striker coming in as well. I suspect he'd get us 4 or 5 goals and chip in but we desperately need a settled partnership.
Yes you're right, but the ship is rocking a bit up front we need to steady it. If he does come in short term, he has body strength and no doubt can still mix it with Prem defenders. If he does sign and makes an early impact it might be just the kick start we need to get going again.
Lots of its and buts I'm afraid, time will tell but we're running out of it.

I really can't see this.

But the great news is......those factors mean we are able to buy a striker with international class ability
and we can justify offering a very modest/ affordable basic with loads of performance related bonuses.

I see it as a low risk gamble...low cost with little chance of reward gamble.....in the same mould as Ravel Morrison and Jack Rodwell.
Its like buying a lottery ticket as the newsagent but of course he should be a supplementary signing...not a major signing...as it’s likely to fail.

Agree....if he’s our only striker signing then we have reasons to be worried at the level of risk....but I highly doubt this would be the case.

I really can't see this.

Was actually in quite good form for Trabzonspor until the betting ban

career is 1 in 3
only 1 season over 20 goals
was in good form in Turkey before his betting ban
this is his injury record up to 2015,not sure since then
DCAF0F21-4282-47E9-8462-0F09E4C509EC.jpeg7F2E5320-9CF7-4253-981E-1603A705FE92.jpeg

career is 1 in 3
only 1 season over 20 goals
was in good form in Turkey before his betting ban
this is his injury record up to 2015,not sure since then
View attachment 93136View attachment 93138

That’s a positive though....it means his agent has hardly any ammunition to make demands.....as they would be unreasonable.
We can offer a modest contract to striker much more talented than what we have....and he may accept.
McGoldrick was written off as injury prone...so if he’s cheap I’d say he’s worth the risk....as long as we bring in another striker too.

Panic stations at this point. Without a quality striker then it's a relegation scrap for sure.

Back
Top Bottom