Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades78

Reaction score
What's the general opinion on Sturridge? Who you take him if wages were right? We generally have a history of taking players that have lost their way a little and giving them a chance.

What's the general opinion on Sturridge? Who you take him if wages were right? We generally have a history of taking players that have lost their way a little and giving them a chance.
Past it - No good to us

Reactions: CW7
Would want silly money whilst he limped down to the bookies, following his latest injury, to place a bet on us losing. So its a no from me. :)

Good player on his day, but will want big money and will always be one tackle away from a 2 month injury.

I realise theres the Didzy comparison- but he came in on relatively low wages and proved his fitness long term before being rewarded higher wages. If he’d accept a pay-as-you-play, bonus based, short term deal, he might be worth a look. But I doubt he would want- or need- that at this stage of his career. Some idiots will give him full whack anyway because he once played for Liverpool and England.

We need an experienced striker who can provide competition for mcburnie and Moose ( assuming he stays ) Sturridge would be that man if he was fit, did not want too much money and appeared to be interested in working as opposed to gambling for a living, for those reason he ain’t our man.
We do in addition need a young development striker of a similar build and playing style ( i.e strong, holds the ball up etc.) to mcburnie to come in.

Would want silly money whilst he limped down to the bookies, following his latest injury, to place a bet on us losing. So its a no from me. :)

If he still wants big money then he might as well retire now because no one is going to pay him silly money.

Never sufficiently a team player. Rarely chooses the best option when in possession in the final third. No thanks.

Was a quality player and will score goals for us but reading articles about him it seems that the injuries are a lot in his head. I think that he would frustrate both CW and us the fans...brilliant for 3 games, ‘injured’ for 4

Wages. hes probably on the equivalent of 10 of our players

He’s made a name off one good season when he played alongside two world-class players in Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling.

I’d probably take him on a one-year pay-as-you play deal. He probably sees himself as above that though.

We Would certainly have a chance of adding a new name to the physio room honours board to rank alongside John Ebbrell and James Wallace if he signed.

Hes all over sky sports today saying how fit and how good he still is. Offers from all over the world, yeah right, but It's his dream to play in the english prem again. Let's hope we aren't the mugs that get stuck with him.

Don’t want him don’t want a player that’s scored 20 odd goals in a season for a team who nearly won the premier league don’t want him not worth it

Where’s Shaun miller sign him

He’s made a name off one good season when he played alongside two world-class players in Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling.

I’d probably take him on a one-year pay-as-you play deal. He probably sees himself as above that though.

he’s scored 76 goals in 120 starts in the premier league and scored wherever he has played to be fair.

not suggesting we should be signing him but he has been an excellent striker on his day. I’d rather we focused on some creativity to creatchances for the strikers we have - that said a clinical striker would also be useful.

Perfect for the porkers. Though perhaps not until he’s spent a couple of years at Crystal Palace or, at a push, West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom