Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think he would be a Billy big bollocks who would be disruptive, he would also think because of who he has played for In the past that he should be the top earner (50k plus per week) give this one the widest of berths..........oh and he is a crock to boot

Exactly the opposite of what we should be looking for....but given the budget constraints and the fact hed be a free transfer its not impossible is it? How many of us thought Leon Clarke and Didzy were good signings when we brought them in ?

Could he be another 'Wilder centre forward turn around story' ? I don't know but if CWAK were to bring him in on their terms they'd have my backing

Exactly the opposite of what we should be looking for....but given the budget constraints and the fact hed be a free transfer its not impossible is it? How many of us thought Leon Clarke and Didzy were good signings when we brought them in ?

Could he be another 'Wilder centre forward turn around story' ? I don't know but if CWAK were to bring him in on their terms they'd have my backing
thing is i dont even think he has attitude problems or problems with committing to the game, he did something shitty and probably has an addiction, of which i would imagine he has fully learned the consequences of and has moved on from, hopefully with some form of therapy...

if he did want to take the leap... i think the biggest problem with this transfer would be the short pre season, he would not have anywhere near enough time to get up to speed and get fitness back after a long lay off

Worth a punt for me....no different to Didzy who was also injury prone and had been dumped by Ipswich. Might turn out like Ravel but on sensible wages with a good bonus structure then i would go for it.

I don't think it will happen but I wouldn't be adverse to CW going for him - he has proven ability at Prem level and would add pace, trickery, finishing ability and that X-Factor to create something out of nothing.

His injury record is a concern as is his ability to pass the 'knobhead test', although I'd be more worried if he were joining directly from Liverpool. I'd hope his season in Turkey would ground him and hopefully reignite his hunger to succeed in the Prem

In a heart beat.

If him and McGoldrick could cover 30+ games between them then it'd be fantastic.

Sensible contract of of course and I'm sure thats what the player would be expecting.

If we can't get a full season out of Moose, this could be a good option to cover the games he misses.

Obviously would still need to be a sensible arrangement for us financially.

No idea if he is still good enough at this level, but a career average of 1 goal every 2.86 games is not too bad at the top flight.

He is quality but its wage demands and fitness that are the issues when signing him.

218 Prem games
77 goals
29 assists
Only 8 yellow cards and 1 red
Market value at April 2020 £7.2 million according to transfermarkt.co.uk

sign him on a free,2 year deal £50k a week plus bonus ish total cost of deal £5m approx,Bargain!!!
Sturridge is still only 30 years old and has a point to prove and would do well with Wilder

2 year £50k / week?

If he is to be considered he has to be signed on a basic commensurate with the rest of the squad; with goal, appearance, league position etc. Incentives

He’s played 3313 league minutes in the last 5 seasons... thats the equivalent of 7 games a season

Sir David McGoldrick the poster boy for signing wayward players with injury problems - played 9985 league minutes in the 5 years prior to joining us (average of 22 games per season)

In summary - please stop clamouring for this busted flush. We are not a retirement home for past-it crocks - we leave that to our neighbours.

218 Prem games
77 goals
29 assists
Only 8 yellow cards and 1 red
Market value at April 2020 £7.2 million according to transfermarkt.co.uk

sign him on a free,2 year deal £50k a week plus bonus ish total cost of deal £5m approx,Bargain!!!
Sturridge is still only 30 years old and has a point to prove and would do well with Wilder
Wouldn't this make him one of our top earners? And if so then NO

218 Prem games sounds good, doesn’t it? But it’s in 12 seasons which makes an average of 18 games per season. Not so great now...

Take him on a pay as you play deal. Then we wouldn't have to pay him all that much, if at all!

Offer him something like a basic £5k a week plus £20k per Goal he scores and £10k for any assist.

2 Champions league winners medals,was on the bench for Liverpool v Spurs final not too long ago

Wouldn't this make him one of our top earners? And if so then NO
Aren't strikers usually paid the most at a club? & do you think Berge is on the same as Basham. Sensible e contract and I wouldn't be against it. But I do think he has bones made of biscuits and along with the likes of Danny getWelbeck I'm not sure we would even be looking his way

IF we could get 30 games a season out of him it would be a fantastic deal. However, he is made of broken biscuits.

How will we get 30 games a season out of him?🤷‍♂️ He’s only done it twice in the his whole career...😂

5 pages and people talking as though this would be worthwhile 🤒🥶

Back
Top Bottom