Player Suggestion Daniel Sturridge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A fit Daniel Sturridge is our best striker by a mile don’t what people are slagging him off for

If our budgets tight I’d take wellbeck/Sturridge as a mcgoldrick type signing.

But they’ll probably want 50k so it’s not gonna happen

I can't imagine his wages were astronomical in Turkey. Would be our Premier League equivalent of the Didsy signing. That didn't turn out too bad :)

We should leave well alone CW tried with Morrison and he was a lost cause, I wonder what would have happened had we got Ings last season when we were linked to him. Slightly off tangent a bit but noticed other day that Watkins at Brentford has an 18m release clause in contract.

Nope, will want too much money and has always come across as very arrogant to me (this is an opinion so don't say 'prove it' because I can't!).

A fully fit Sturridge would be a quality player
But it is keeping him fit that is the issue.

He is a talented player that can score a goal from nothing and has that bit of class in his locker.

If we could get him in on terms that worked for us and him it would be a good addition.

On his day was one of the best strikers in the premier league, something to prove and will be hungry to find his best back...

Step in Sir Chris.

he’s scored 76 goals in 120 starts in the premier league and scored wherever he has played to be fair.

But that’s in 10 seasons. It’s not a great record. If it was in four or five seasons then mebbe. But he’d still be too old. So...no...

No. We’ve seen the best of him and he pulls out of games with a stubbed toe. Let Brighton and Villa sign players like that.

Made of Glass. That'd be the reason for a no from me.

To put him into context with a name being thrown in when people say he's a sick note - 2 seasons before Didz joined us he played 4218 minutes. Last 2 seasons, Sturridge has played 1662 minutes.

If he comes on a free and the wages are decent, then sure, no risk. If it ends up costing the club for him to be on the treatment table most of the season, then no thanks.

What's the general opinion on Sturridge? Who you take him if wages were right? We generally have a history of taking players that have lost their way a little and giving them a chance.
I'd be concerned about his frailty and injury record. Not sure if he has the Blades mentality.

Hes all over sky sports today saying how fit and how good he still is. Offers from all over the world, yeah right, but It's his dream to play in the english prem again. Let's hope we aren't the mugs that get stuck with him.
Yeah saw the self promotion. No surprise.Burnley might fancy him or the Baggies.?

Yeah saw the self promotion. No surprise.Burnley might fancy him or the Baggies.?
Leeds need a striker, he could end up there. Baggies is a good shout too. If he stayed injury free for a period of time he would be very good but hes never managed it long term. He also seems to go off with little niggles most players would shrug off. I dont think he has the right mentality for us.

giphy.gif

I’m in the minority here it seems.

Claims he wants a prem move. So that puts us in with a chance.
Scoring rate is superb. Played and scored at international level.
Has everything you’d want of a goal scorer.

Obviously had some shockers with injuries. It was said that a lot of it being in his head and just refusing to play because he didn’t feel 100%. This means two things....1. He needs a thorough medical from prospective employer
2. He’s hardly worn out..like a low mileage used car that’s been looked after by your Doting grandad. Never been over 3k revs, kept in the garage and cleaned after every outing!

So, has a lot to prove, won’t need the money and if he’s serious would be well prepared to accept a deal befitting of his current and recent history of injuries with various incentives. £5k a week basic...£5k playing bonus (70mins)...£10k a goal.
Play or be on the bench for 80% of games get a bonus and immediate extra year option with view to pay rise and increase.

Anyone feel that a £5k a week one year deal with those incentives is too much of a risk for a premier league club? Get Wilder in his ear...Prestridge on with the conditioning you could have a world class striker on your hands.
For me, if the deal was financially right for the club it’s a no brainier and a smaller risk than many others.

For his goal scoring its a yes, for his injury record its a maybe we can rub some of the McGoldrick magic on his bits, but as our system needs him to be ready to cover CB, CM as well as CF then a big no - not seen anything to say he still has the energy.

For his goal scoring its a yes, for his injury record its a maybe we can rub some of the McGoldrick magic on his bits, but as our system needs him to be ready to cover CB, CM as well as CF then a big no - not seen anything to say he still has the energy.
We would need a new treatment table before the end of September 😂

He's only 31 years old, If he's over any injury problems and his wages are realistic I'd take him like a shot

Might as well get his uncle Dean back, probably less injury prone 😂😂

Not a chance. Very good in his day but his day was about 1 in 50. I don't think he has the mental toughness, in fact I would say he is fragile in that department, loves himself too much & not a team player. Plus he is make of rice crispies.

injury prone
relies on a fading pace
big wages
oops, injured again
NO

I remember us going up to PL and CW and loads on here agreeing we don't want old players looking for a last pay day, that's what he is he was also banned for betting irregularities hence he went to Turkey. I say leave him alone and get someone who wants to play for us not just make up numbers, remember Morrison that is 1 guy who seriously ballsed up his career.

Offer him £500 per minute played, capped at £50k per week if we have more than one game per week.

If he plays he'll be good but he probably won't so we won't be paying him to get physio.

I know, never gonna happen.

used to be a great player but i think i read recently that He had fallen out of love with the game. This would make me question his incentives/attitude. he is probably looking for an easy pay check and not much else.
If we could get him to regain some of his old form then it might be worthwhile but its quite a risk. Even though i used to rate him i think its a no from me.

ahhh but are Villa and Brighton interested? They can have him as long as they stay away from every target of ours.

McGoldrick was pushing 30, apparently injury prone, unwanted, and was given one of his last chances with us.

The difference is, Didz has an amazing attitude and drive. Very, very few players have the work ethic and belief that late in their career. Especially after so many set backs.

The gambling thing alone tells me that Sturidge doesn't have the right tools mentally anymore let alone phsysically.

Back
Top Bottom