3 Loans in January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SharpshootingBilly

Forged in Woodbines
Reaction score
According to Paul Walker on Twitter, Wilder is looking for 3 players early January including players from abroad! Juanpi?

The good thing about loans is we can sort them now, we don't have to sneak around contacting the player behind his club's back.
We can get everything in place with the help of his parent club well in advance.
In sick of transfer windows ending in dissapointed due to finances on the very last week/day.

Obviously loans also mean we might be able to bring players in that we couldn't possibly afford to buy outright.

Assombalonga, Mackay-Steven and Hogan would put Utd in with a shout

Can't see Boro loaning a direct rival one of their forwards, who's scored 5 in 13 this season? Same for Hogan. I like Mackay-Steven to be fair and I'm sure he'd love to have a crack at this level though. Wilder ruling out permanents rules out Mackay-Steven I would have thought, because I can't see Aberdeen letting one of their better players go out only on loan.

Schoolboy error. Walker clearly hasn't caught up with the ITK threads saying that we won't be signing anybody in the JTW because of the ownership dispute/lack of ambition/unwillingness to back Wilder with serious money/all of the above........

According to Paul Walker on Twitter, Wilder is looking for 3 players early January including players from abroad! Juanpi?

I guarantee you that come January the 31st, this forum and Football Heaven will be inundated with angry people saying "where are these three players we were promised"

Woodburn will go back and we'll end up with a couple of other no name youth team players from one of the 'big' six that get about an hour of game time between them all season

JoC will leave to fund the above and the running of the club

We'll still finish top ten though

Until the bickering gets sorted its going to be a barren time on the in comings, and in all honesty I think brexit will be sorted before our mess of an ownership is

We have to look abroad, CW and the recruitment team have worked wonders in a market where £6m buys you Gary Madine.

If we are not going to invest £15m-£25m which imo we shouldnt do it’s ridiculous but it’s what the clubs around us will do then we have to look abroad.

Dont foreign players tend to need time to settle when coming to England?

Thats the usual thing that's trotted bout by managers when their Carlos kickball hasn't mad an instant impact.

Dont foreign players tend to need time to settle when coming to England?

Thats the usual thing that's trotted bout by managers when their Carlos kickball hasn't mad an instant impact.
I never understood that. Is it that much different abroad? They say the Premiership is different to all the top foreign leagues, how can it be now it is full of foreign players?
Anyway, if it is true of fans usually say it's the speed of the English game that is hard for newcomers to adjust to... well, there is very little of that at the Lane so we don't need to worry.

I never understood that. Is it that much different abroad? They say the Premiership is different to all the top foreign leagues, how can it be now it is full of foreign players?
Anyway, if it is true of fans usually say it's the speed of the English game that is hard for newcomers to adjust to... well, there is very little of that at the Lane so we don't need to worry.

To paraphrase Ian Rush, moving abroad is like living in a foreign country!

If 2 loans are in the bag and Dowell is one of them (and a class on at that) who's the second? It HAS TO be a striker doesn't it?

If 2 loans are in the bag and Dowell is one of them (and a class on at that) who's the second? It HAS TO be a striker doesn't it?

Someone said Defoe was all done and dusted.

Defoe and Dowell would be two fantastic additions. The final piece would be a strong striker whos good in the air.

Edit - It was Bruce Wayne - https://s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/defoe-and-long.67581/page-7#post-1875507

But we all know that Batman is the only Superhero without super powers, so how could he possible have that information?

I’m not sure we should go for 3 I’d rather just have one exceptional player, the team is playing well as a unit it might upset our style to change to many players mid season

Back
Top Bottom