Incoming? 4 players expected (pretty soon)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This Prince Albert...billionaire isn't he...just asking.

Stop spoiling it.. We all knew none anyway.

"Also, its possible that we have incomings by the end of this week"
Tick tock ... same old waiting game, so any new players will integrate with the squad late on with little time to gel ... nowt like being behind the pack ... its going to be hard anyway to stay up ... just would like a fighting chance!

We don’t. You’re moaning for the sake of it.
Sorry I am with from the pig end here. We consistently (every year) slow time every transfer. Most teams seem to talk with agent, talk with club, sort out wages all within a few days. We crawl along taking weeks and allowing others to jump in. I assume this is down to Bettis?

I'm not moaning for the sake of it, but we definitely take longer to get deals over the line than every other club in existence
I suspect this is due to the position we're currently in trying to squeeze out every last pound from deals and inevitably this delays deals if you haggle more on fees for agents, the transfer fee, the contract with the player etc etc. I'm not saying other clubs don't do that but because we're on such a small budget I reckon we're likely to haggle more than most, the Prince does seem to drive a hard bargain for sure, which is got to be a good thing overall. Also we're in a strong position in a way as a PL club and players are desperate to come to the PL which means we may feel we can drive a hard bargain knowing that the player wants to come. Of course that matters not to the club.

Sorry I am with from the pig end here. We consistently (every year) slow time every transfer. Most teams seem to talk with agent, talk with club, sort out wages all within a few days. We crawl along taking weeks and allowing others to jump in. I assume this is down to Bettis?
Well the Arsenal transfer of Rice has taken about 2 months so far...

Well the Arsenal transfer of Rice has taken about 2 months so far...
One of the biggest transfers of the summer. Hardly the same comparison to buying a player from the Swedish league?

There is nothing to suggest we are behind other PL clubs outside the top half.
We cannot arrange loans until the parent club has completed its incomings and released the players for loan.

We had signed AA by this time last year. The general consensus is that AS is about to join. Loans are dependent on other clubs as they make their moves and players become available. I suppose we could have signed andersen from Barnsley and ogbene from Rotherham if we stopped slow timing...

Anyone else starting to get concerned that these deals aren't as sign sealed and delivered as we hope they might be...

Be typical Sheffield United to have a deal all but sewn up only to fall through at the final hurdle.
images (1) (20).jpeg

There is nothing to suggest we are behind other PL clubs outside the top half.
We cannot arrange loans until the parent club has completed its incomings and released the players for loan.
Not loans signings I am referring to. Loans, obviously, are dependant on the loaning club.

We had signed AA by this time last year. The general consensus is that AS is about to join. Loans are dependent on other clubs as they make their moves and players become available. I suppose we could have signed andersen from Barnsley and ogbene from Rotherham if we stopped slow timing...
I suppose what I am saying is if AS is set to join why hasn't he? He apparently has looked around but we still haven't got it over the line yet??

Back
Top Bottom