Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters
We are giving good players (opposition) time on the ball with little pressure, our players (poorer )players are being given little time on the ball due to constant pressing .This has only one result , we can all see to have any chance we have to be brave and press, can't sit back and hope we can keep them out , we can't.Presume we decided Bournemouth were good good on the counter, what we decided to ignore is that they are just as good when not on counter if we give them time..

Last edited:

Now paste all the ones with Watkins fee being £28m rising to £33m and we can discuss it.

Also, paste every article in FI about "failed deals". It's a click bait site.

But of course, when you're arguing made up stuff, you can't use proper sources 🤷‍♂️
My online sources against your online sources isn’t going to be a good debate isit ?

Why would Sheffield United spend so long trying to get Watkins if it wasn’t ever possible? It’s a considerable waste of time. I don’t think anyone would do it. They must have thought its a possibility?

Same with A Robinson £1.5m (my online sources) yours will say £75m but that should have been a good signing. Noticed how we are still struggling for a left wing back too?

Like many others,up untill yesterdays pathetic performance,I had defended Hecky but it’s time he went,I can forgive losing to a better side but the way we did it is just unacceptable.Our tactics were sickening.
I let out a spontaneous boo at half time,the first one in 30 years.
Don’t care who comes in,Even Montgomery and Sharp till the end of the season might give us back some fight.Nowt to lose now.
If Hibs want more than a bottle of panda pop and a bag of space raiders as comp for Monty we’ve no fucking chance….

My online sources against your online sources isn’t going to be a good debate isit ?

Why would Sheffield United spend so long trying to get Watkins if it wasn’t ever possible? It’s a considerable waste of time. I don’t think anyone would do it. They must have thought its a possibility?

Same with A Robinson £1.5m (my online sources) yours will say £75m but that should have been a good signing. Noticed how we are still struggling for a left wing back too?
'My' sources are the actual facts reported by every reputable source. Including the site you used to say he 'could' go for less

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ning-33m-signing-Ollie-Watkins-Brentford.html

Robinson cost £1.5m because Wigan were in administration. He chose the better wage and place to live. It was unfortunate, sometimes you lose out.

We wasted so much time on Watkins because Wilder was myopic and refused to look past target A. Also, the lack of anyone at the club advising him "we won't get Watkins. Villa want him, have his ex boss and a fuckload of cash" was a huge oversight.

'My' sources are the actual facts reported by every reputable source. Including the site you used to say he 'could' go for less

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ning-33m-signing-Ollie-Watkins-Brentford.html

Robinson cost £1.5m because Wigan were in administration. He chose the better wage and place to live. It was unfortunate, sometimes you lose out.

We wasted so much time on Watkins because Wilder was myopic and refused to look past target A. Also, the lack of anyone at the club advising him "we won't get Watkins. Villa want him, have his ex boss and a fuckload of cash" was a huge oversight.
Noted your daily mail story out trumps my daily mail story!

Robinson is a perfect one but okay we will ignore that one to.

Yes it seems weird that incredibly successful men would choose to waste their time on something with no hope or maybe they believed they did?

Look I understand you don’t like Wilder it’s fine. I believe he spotted good players you don’t.

I don’t want him back anyway so pointless conversation.

Noted your daily mail story out trumps my daily mail story!

Robinson is a perfect one but okay we will ignore that one to.

Yes it seems weird that incredibly successful men would choose to waste their time on something with no hope or maybe they believed they did?

Look I understand you don’t like Wilder it’s fine. I believe he spotted good players you don’t.

I don’t want him back anyway so pointless conversation.
Where did I say he didn't spot good players? His run of transfer business from 16/17-18/19 is unparalleled in value for money terms.

Saying "he saw that some of the best players in the Championship are good at football"? Not quite the flex you think it is

No money to pay them off, let alone employ another management team.
Oddly without Wes's brain fart and the ridiculous drop ball that turned one of few promising attacks into a foot race back to our goal, when the ref cut out a decent side ball, we might have a draw.
We were abysmal though.
Respect for your ability to sound remotely positive vb

Just watched MOTD.

If anyone thinks Hecky should stay needs a bit of a head wobble. 3 at the back just puts the defence in disarray.
Midfield- no pressure so opp just runs through us.
Att- we need to be seeing shots on goal. If it takes going 2-0 down to start having a go it is obvious Hecky needs booting out.

If we're keeping Hecky, could you tell me what our playstyle is please?

I'm afraid I can't because we don't appear to have one. Up to Heckingbottom to sort that out sharpish or he'll likely be out on his arse, such is the nature of the game.

If we're getting rid of Hecky, who are we bringing in to forge a new identity and style of play using the current staff?

We're probably getting relegated no matter who is in charge, but we're definitely getting relegated with Hecky unfortunately. The issue is that I don't trust the people running the club to find a decent replacement. If we'll end up with Dean Smith then what's the point?

Anyway, I suspect he won't be sacked because a) that would cost money and b) if they were going to do it they would have done it already.

Other than local rags l can’t remember much paper talk about us making a bid. Or even talking to the player.

I've been an advocate of Hecky staying, purely on the basis that I thought the situation the squad was in, wasn't his fault and I believe the board 'planned' for relegation so they could hardly accuse him of not 'hitting his targets'.

I think most of us will condone the fact we simply don't have the quality that other teams do, it was laughable yesterday when at the same time we brought Osbourne on, they were bringing Billing on. What cannot be excused is the lack of fight and determination. There was only George yesterday who showed any fight, I saw him at least twice shouting and trying to wind up his team mates into a response. That has to come from the management and coaching staff. We've only seen glimpses of that fight, a full 2nd half against Wolves and patchy bits of play in other games, apart from that we've been passive and almost just waiting for the opposition to score. We put absolutely no pressure on Bournemouth yesterday and their defenders were quite happily passing it to each other with ease.

What happened to being on the front foot? I can accept us conceding and losing if we've had a go, but the way we're playing, to me, is unacceptable and I'm afraid the buck for that stops at the manager.

Hecky won’t be sacked as The Prince has no interest now in anything that is going to cost him money without a guarantee of some return. He may as well stick with Hecky for the rest of the season. That way it won’t cost him any money more than it already is going. Same reason as there will be no new signings in January and no new contract offers to the 14 players out of contact next summer.

The Prince wants out - but no longer has any leverage to sell at the price he wants.

Look, Hecky has probably done enough with us to pick up another managers job immediately. But sadly with us it’s been a perfect storm for failure. No new investment, selling our assets, a desperately protracted recruitment policy. Poor Hecky was effectively given a wooden sword to take into a gunfight. All we really had going for ourselves was the ability to fight for the cause and outwork the opposition. Sadly that SUFC is long, long gone…Soz Hecky but thi times up pal.

You can blame everything on Hecky he has been pushed under the Bus by the Prince. who has lost interest and does not visit the Lane anymore.
I agree Hecky has to go, The only question is going to take the manager's job when no money is available.

Can one of the 28 who voted no, please explain your thinking 🤔 on here. Just want to know why.
I’ll have a go.
Last season Hecky took us to promotion and an FA Cup semifinal; the season before we were in dire straits but he got us to the playoffs. He did a great job with a squad that wasn’t brilliant, got us promoted despite the pressure of knowing that if he didn’t get it right the club would be terminally fucked.
Having secured promotion the owner sold two of our best players, a week before the season started, and the players that were brought in are not as good as the ones that left. Our first team from last season beats the current team easily so how can we expect them to succeed in the richest league in world football?
No manager would keep this current team up. It was obvious we were fucked from the start of the season. The fight now is to ensure that we consolidate next year in the Championship. As we are skint, who is going to accept the job and do it better than Hecky?
Could I also say that these calls for a man to be sacked from his job, usually backed up by personal insults, leave a sour taste. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he’s getting on here. He’s obviously a decent bloke and a respected professional that has been dealt a crap hand. He’s playing that hand to the best of his ability…but we are going down regardless.

He gets respect from me but I think we need a change now. The utter garbage we saw yesterday cannot continue. If hecky stays, we will be having this same conversation after every match.

I’ll have a go.
Last season Hecky took us to promotion and an FA Cup semifinal; the season before we were in dire straits but he got us to the playoffs. He did a great job with a squad that wasn’t brilliant, got us promoted despite the pressure of knowing that if he didn’t get it right the club would be terminally fucked.
Having secured promotion the owner sold two of our best players, a week before the season started, and the players that were brought in are not as good as the ones that left. Our first team from last season beats the current team easily so how can we expect them to succeed in the richest league in world football?
No manager would keep this current team up. It was obvious we were fucked from the start of the season. The fight now is to ensure that we consolidate next year in the Championship. As we are skint, who is going to accept the job and do it better than Hecky?
Could I also say that these calls for a man to be sacked from his job, usually backed up by personal insults, leave a sour taste. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he’s getting on here. He’s obviously a decent bloke and a respected professional that has been dealt a crap hand. He’s playing that hand to the best of his ability…but we are going down regardless.
Ahh that old chestnut. An argument so paper thin it falls apart under even the most basic scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom