Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its an assumption, the club either cant afford him or didnt think he is worth it. We need to forget about Akpom, Hecky already will have
is Doyle perm? If so, then I imagine it will just be loans and frees from then on. I wonder what the recent Chelsea transfers mean for their young lad we were after.

All the negative press we’re getting at the min can’t help our recruitment, particularly domestic.

Looks like the dangers of FFP rules have gone over your head. Forest have serious financial problems, same with Wolves and Everton. I expect Burnley to have similar problems in the next few years.
I don't know the details but I wonder if these rules will ever actually be meaningfully enforced by a Premier League which now has Saudi as competition and is intoxicated by money ?
The cynic in me reckons that the PL wants the wealthiest clubs who pay the highest fees & wages and so attracts the best players which make it more marketable to global TV.
I don't think the PL is interested in protecting the minnows like us from those with owners who can deploy huge amounts of their filthy lucre.

Yes there owners are rich but they have to play by the fair play rules like every other club which stops them applying there vast wealth at this stage.
You're saying that Florist's billionaire owner hasn't funded their signing spree ? Course he has.
As far as I know , FFP rules control P&L losses , not the amount invested by owners - so in my simple mind , owners can buy players (investment) but not pay wages which would cause the club to breach the losses limit.
So if an owner wants to put in £100m of equity , the club can buy £100m worth of players , which of itself would not breach any rules.
The effect of the amortization of those transfer fees in the P&L accounts might affect the losses , but that's much less likely to breach the losses rules.

Not gutted to have missed out on this one, but I am annoyed at all the fancying about we've had to do.

You're saying that Florist's billionaire owner hasn't funded their signing spree ? Course he has.
As far as I know , FFP rules control P&L losses , not the amount invested by owners - so in my simple mind , owners can buy players (investment) but not pay wages which would cause the club to breach the losses limit.
So if an owner wants to put in £100m of equity , the club can buy £100m worth of players , which of itself would not breach any rules.
The effect of the amortization of those transfer fees in the P&L accounts might affect the losses , but that's much less likely to breach the losses rules.
In theory but they could only do it through non-refunable share issues. This is what the Prince has done at United to the tune of about £40 million. You can invest as much as you like in infrastructure but your trading losses cannot be more than £103 million in the EPL over 3 years and these losses also have to be guaranteed by the owner. What Forest have done is invest their money at the outset but they now need to recover some money before they can invest too much more (and pray they are not relegated).

There are not many people in this world who will put £100m+ in non-refundable share issues.

So we can't afford Akpom? Assumed we didn't want to bid that much which I could understand, not that we couldn't.

That would be fucking dire.
Not willing to pay that much for him isn’t the same as not affording him. We’ll have to wait and see what else happens before we know this to be the case

Akpom was top target. Dont know about another striker right now, theres names banded around but looks to Heckys shopping list which only he and Bettis/prince would know. Loans are most likely in that position this season as Doyle deal is looking to be sorted and confirmed this week according to the journalist whats app chat my wifes in.
I liked Doyle but why buy yet another R-footed MF ?
Unless Osborn is a starter , how is this helping our left side ?

see your point but i think hecky still wants doyle and obrien in were gonna be packing midfield this season imo to try and get more possesion especially in away games

We didnt meet Boro’s price. That simple really. We cant blame Bettis for that. All this talk of “go and get Archer then” seems a bit mad from our fans, not only does he cost more, not even sure he is for sale. Working on other strikers now apparently. Iam glad we didnt Akpom. One season wonder. Big gamble at £15million

this suggests we still haven’t got a pot to piss in …. even though we’ve just recouped approx £35m…

I keep seeing in here he’s gone for £15m, but Sky says €12m plus add ons, it thats the case and we couldn’t afford it and he was Heckys no1 target we’re fucked.

Weerz money gone….. this season is already a bloody drain..

thanks for the info tho.

this suggests we still haven’t got a pot to piss in …. even though we’ve just recouped approx £35m…

I keep seeing in here he’s gone for £15m, but Sky says €12m plus add ons, it thats the case and we couldn’t afford it and he was Heckys no1 target we’re fucked.

thanks for the info tho.
That's one way of looking at it. The other is that we may simply believe he's not worth 15m and refused to pay it, rather than not be able to. Maybe better ways to spend the money?

thanks for the info tho.

I think it depends? If Hecky still wants another 4+ players then that is going to take up a fair wedge of money. Even if that includes two loans of PL quality, it will take up up a considerable amount in salaries. Then add to that two more perm signings, potentially multi million pound signings and that lot will total a fair amount

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that we may simply believe he's not worth 15m and refused to pay it, rather than not be able to. Maybe better ways to spend the money?
But my point is that he’s not going for £15m it’s about £10.m the prince also said if Hecky wanted a player he could have them In his interview.

Akpom was top target. Dont know about another striker right now, theres names banded around but looks to Heckys shopping list which only he and Bettis/prince would know. Loans are most likely in that position this season as Doyle deal is looking to be sorted and confirmed this week according to the journalist whats app chat my wifes in.
What's the deal for Doyle consist of GHLF ?

Loan? Buy? Loan to buy?

But my point is that he’s not going for £15m it’s about £10.m the prince also said if Hecky wanted a player he could have them In his interview.
It could be like you say we've got no money. I was just saying whatever the fee agreed with Ajax might be more than what we are prepared to pay (or maybe we would prefer to spend that money on a different player?)

Agree with this

Doyle was brilliant last season, but…..

He’s not proven at PL level, and another right footed player

He will cost between 8-10m

I’m a little bit sceptical of a journalist whatsapp group in which reporters share info with each other that’s not out yet 😂.

Agree with this

Doyle was brilliant last season, but…..

He’s not proven at PL level, and another right footed player

He will cost between 8-10m

I would think a loan is more appropriate?
We have Hamer, Slimane and Souza on permanent deals. Use available transfer funds on a striker

I repeat, Mester Smith said that we already had an Ndiaye replacement lined up if he went. So cmon Smith, weerz money gone?

I repeat, Mester Smith said that we already had an Ndiaye replacement lined up if he went. So cmon Smith, weerz money gone?
I'm guessing he meant Akpom as its been suggested we had agreed £8m with boro and then Ajax and Lens came in with higher bids and Boro being the scruffy arseholes they are told us to do one.

Akpom was Heckys choice but apparently HRH wasn't so keen.

I reckon HRH has a price in mind for Akpom and another for Archer. If the price for Akpom was to keep climbing towards Archer's price, then he'd rather pay the extra for the better and younger of the two (Archer) than overpay for Akpom.

While I'm not keen on the money men choosing the team instead of the manager I think Archer is the better option here, even he could cost double what we wanted to pay for Akpom.

I'm hoping there'll also be some cash left for Doyle on a permanent and Mcatee + A N Other on loan.

Akpom was Heckys choice but apparently HRH wasn't so keen.

I reckon HRH has a price in mind for Akpom and another for Archer. If the price for Akpom was to keep climbing towards Archer's price, then he'd rather pay the extra for the better and younger of the two (Archer) than overpay for Akpom.

While I'm not keen on the money men choosing the team instead of the manager I think Archer is the better option here, even he could cost double what we wanted to pay for Akpom.

I'm hoping there'll also be some cash left for Doyle on a permanent and Mcatee + A N Other on loan.
You believe the Prince is actively saying what a players value to our club is?
I’d be surprised if he’s actively involved aside from being advised as things progress. He’s set a budget and it’ll be managed by the board and recruitment teams not the owner.
They’ll only need to go back to him if they’re busting the budget and want to go outside of any agreed frameworks.
You don't have dogs and bark yourself.

Is your wife BalticBlade? They seem to have the same ITK accuracy strike rate. 💩

I’m a little bit sceptical of a journalist whatsapp group in which reporters share info with each other that’s not out yet 😂.
Aye
And a little bit more sceptical when one of those journalists shares the (undisclosed) info with their paramour who then ‘shares’ it (+ their own interpretation/ opinion / spin) on a (rabid) fan site

I think we’ll not try and use the same formation which worked when we’re dominating a league below with one of the strongest squads.
In this league we’re massively outgunned in terms of quality so we can’t approach it the same and the formation needs a tweak. I think the double pivot will come in and we’ll look for the creative spark on the left to be higher up the pitch probably on loan.

I think we’ll not try and use the same formation which worked when we’re dominating a league below with one of the strongest squads.
In this league we’re massively outgunned in terms of quality so we can’t approach it the same and the formation needs a tweak. I think the double pivot will come in and we’ll look for the creative spark on the left to be higher up the pitch probably on loan.
i agree bob think we will pack midfield in most games we have to to have any decent possesion against these top teams

Back
Top Bottom