Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m actually gutted about this, was it Glyn Hodges left foot that said it was Bettis who has been in charge of this transfer, ffs why the fuck didn’t we just go for it…. I’m well passed off.
We didnt meet Boro’s price. That simple really. We cant blame Bettis for that. All this talk of “go and get Archer then” seems a bit mad from our fans, not only does he cost more, not even sure he is for sale. Working on other strikers now apparently. Iam glad we didnt Akpom. One season wonder. Big gamble at £15million

We didnt meet Boro’s price. That simple really. We cant blame Bettis for that. All this talk of “go and get Archer then” seems a bit mad from our fans, not only does he cost more, not even sure he is for sale. Working on other strikers now apparently. Iam glad we didnt Akpom. One season wonder. Big gamble at £15million
It's a truly worrying situation we are in .

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than take onboard any advice from Simon Jordan.

Still waiting on him to reveal to people who his journalist “mate” is that texted him to say Sharp was insighting violence at Forest.
Darren Fletcher

I’m actually gutted about this, was it Glyn Hodges left foot that said it was Bettis who has been in charge of this transfer, ffs why the fuck didn’t we just go for it…. I’m well passed off.
Maybe the extra 5 mill meant we could not get archer who knows ,but 15 mill is a lot for a player after 3/4 years will have no real sell on for us

It's a shame big Dozy won't back the manager...

Remember how McGoldrick hit his peak at around 32? What reason is there to think Akpom won't do similar? They're comparable players in terms of style and also physicality to a large extent

Remember how McGoldrick hit his peak at around 32? What reason is there to think Akpom won't do similar? They're comparable players in terms of style and also physicality to a large extent
NriIBy9 - Imgur.gif

thats it obviously we probably bid 8m but that was as high as we were prepared to go just wonder if hecky was involved in this or whether it was pa and bettis ?

Cheers for the updates, I fear about the quality of these other strikers we are looking at

I was figuring that the reason we didn’t stretch to sign Akpom was because we didn’t think he was worth it, not because we literally couldn’t afford it. And the talk is that Villa are willing to listen to offers for Archer. We aren’t half conditioned to have low expectations if you think the idea of that is ‘mad’.

If we can afford 8m for smallbone (Hamer fee apparently not connected) and 8m for Akpom then you'd hope we would have at least 16m to spend.

For a worst case scenario next season it would be nice if 2 of the remaining purchases were permanent from the budget. Archer would costs a sizeable proportion. I think we are at the number crunching stage in the boardroom again. Hamer went fast because he was such a coup (almost Ndiaye levels of potential). LTBs hopefully available if we need them. If Akpom isn't coming then it's how much his replacement costs and does that effect the budget for others. (Maybe it even improves it).

If we can afford 8m for smallbone (Hamer fee apparently not connected) and 8m for Akpom then you'd hope we would have at least 16m to spend.

For a worst case scenario next season it would be nice if 2 of the remaining purchases were permanent from the budget. Archer would costs a sizeable proportion. I think we are at the number crunching stage in the boardroom again. Hamer went fast because he was such a coup (almost Ndiaye levels of potential). LTBs hopefully available if we need them. If Akpom isn't coming then it's how much his replacement costs and does that effect the budget for others. (Maybe it even improves it).
Did we want to sign Smallbone AND Hamer?

I was figuring that the reason we didn’t stretch to sign Akpom was because we didn’t think he was worth it, not because we literally couldn’t afford it. And the talk is that Villa are willing to listen to offers for Archer. We aren’t half conditioned to have low expectations if you think the idea of that is ‘mad’.
If we can’t afford Akpom then how can we afford Archer ? I think we all need to lower our expectations. It is what it is.

If we can’t afford Akpom then how can we afford Archer ? I think we all need to lower our expectations. It is what it is.
Who's said we cant afford Akpon ? maybe hecky and bettis think its better to go for Archer and pay more cash for him

Akpom was top target. Dont know about another striker right now, theres names banded around but looks to Heckys shopping list which only he and Bettis/prince would know. Loans are most likely in that position this season as Doyle deal is looking to be sorted and confirmed this week according to the journalist whats app chat my wifes in.

Akpom was top target. Dont know about another striker right now, theres names banded around but looks to Heckys shopping list which only he and Bettis/prince would know. Loans are most likely in that position this season as Doyle deal is looking to be sorted and confirmed this week according to the journalist whats app chat my wifes in.

Is your wife in the room with us now?

Don’t confuse what we can afford to pay and what we are preferred to pay for Akpom vs Archer

That was the clarification I was asking him 👍, I assumed as you do, but Glynn insinuated we couldn't actually afford him OR archer. Did you even read my post 🤣.

yes very realistic and worrying point ghlf looking more like only 1 more permanent 2 prem loans and 1 free agent i fear were just torn between 2 stools half heartedly attempting to stay in the premier league while planning to be back in the championship next season and if a new buyer with money doesnt come in quickly its a forgone conclusion imo

Perm or loan?

Back
Top Bottom