Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree…loan to buy….but only if we stay up….with an added buy back clause….so if he turns into a superstar…then Villa have the option to get him back.
It depends how desperate we are…..and to be fair unless there are other options ..we might end up being desperate
It’s a really difficult situation if everyone thinks your club (like SU) is nailed on for relegation.
No one with quality wants to join….unless the contract is stacked in their favour.
Then if we are relegated everyone blames Bettis for agreeing stupid deals….not realising that risking staying up was the only way the deal would be agreed.
I think that we are very desperate.

If we don’t get some quality through the door , and quick , we are doomed- and doomed by a country mile .

We have left it so so late and our planning has been atrocious. Very poorly run by a guy who hasn’t had his brain in the game at all .

When you look at the teams we are supposedly up against for relegation - wolves , palace , forest , Bournemouth - they look light years ahead of us - I’ll give you Luton and Everton but the rest are miles ahead .

So yes - we are extremely desperate and that is a fact

If we don’t get some quality through the door , and quick , we are doomed- and doomed by a country mile .

We have left it so so late and our planning has been atrocious. Very poorly run by a guy who hasn’t had his brain in the game at all .

When you look at the teams we are supposedly up against for relegation - wolves , palace , forest , Bournemouth - they look light years ahead of us - I’ll give you Luton and Everton but the rest are miles ahead .

Bang on pal👍

Very poorly run by a guy who hasn’t had his brain in the game at all .

But sir according to his interview on Sheff United Way he's been in the football business for 40 years and so knows what he's doing...

But sir according to his interview on Sheff United Way he's been in the football business for 40 years and so knows what he's doing...
He's just got to familiarize himself with the Gregorian calendar and reconcile that the season started in August and not September. He's damaging our European chances at this rate!

Think you’re probably right.

Therefore Bettis has a really tricky job.
The agents for our targets are going to take the pi$$ regards relegation clauses, bonuses and sell ons.

Remember the Kevin MacDonald fiasco,
He was easily our best player and out of contract, would we persuade him to sign a new contract?
All the usual negative Blades expected him to leave on a free BUT amazingly he signed a contract extension.

The new manager David Weir promised to play an attractive passing style with the team built around McDonald.
First match at home to Notts County we played an attractive keep possession passing style
with McDonald playing like a quarter back pulling all the strings, felt very confident that team would be promoted from league 1.

Then a few days later, incredibly our best player has been sold to Wolves for a lowly £750K.
It made zero sense…..then it’s reported MacDonald agent put in a clause that if anyone offered 750K then he could be sold.
How would any other club know about this clause? Obviously MacDonald’s agent must have contacted Wolves to let them know.
Makes you wonder if that was always the plan and he never had any intention of staying, maybe the club also knew this too.

After the event most Blades slagged to club for agreeing a stupid clause but if that was the only way he would sign then what’s the answer?

Think you’re probably right.

Therefore Bettis has a really tricky job.
The agents for our targets are going to take the pi$$ regards relegation clauses, bonuses and sell ons.

Remember the Kevin MacDonald fiasco,
He was easily our best player and out of contract, would we persuade him to sign a new contract?
All the usual negative Blades expected him to leave on a free BUT amazingly he signed a contract extension.

The new manager David Weir promised to play an attractive passing style with the team built around McDonald.
First match at home to Notts County we played an attractive keep possession passing style
with McDonald playing like a quarter back pulling all the strings, felt very confident that team would be promoted from league 1.

Then a few days later, incredibly our best player has been sold to Wolves for a lowly £750K.
It made zero sense…..then it’s reported MacDonald agent put in a clause that if anyone offered 750K then he could be sold.
How would any other club know about this clause? Obviously MacDonald’s agent must have contacted Wolves to let them know.

After the event most Blades slagged to club for agreeing a stupid clause but if that was the only way he would sign then what’s the answer?
David Weir. Best manager ever. Foxy will vouch for that.

Gonna be given the #10 at Ajax, him and his agent played a blinder tbf. Still funny how he's not good enough for us though apparently 😂
Who said he wasn't good enough to play for us? Majority of people on here said along the lines of not wanting to risk £12m plus on someone of his age with only one good season behind him. If he bangs 20 in for ajax then I'll say I was wrong but we shall see. Many things may have aligned for him last season, one of which was having Archer as partner, who we may be signing instead.

Who said he wasn't good enough to play for us? Majority of people on here said along the lines of not wanting to risk £12m plus on someone of his age with only one good season behind him. If he bangs 20 in for ajax then I'll say I was wrong but we shall see. Many things may have aligned for him last season, one of which was having Archer as partner, who we may be signing instead.
Does your post not go onto justify that you don't think he's good enough (due to fee / age / record) 😅? Otherwise feel free to trawl back through 40 pages in here, but I guarantee theres quite a few who didn't want him here.

Does your post not go onto justify that you don't think he's good enough (due to fee / age / record) 😅? Otherwise feel free to trawl back through 40 pages in here, but I guarantee theres quite a few who didn't want him here.
I'm not saying he isn't good enough just that I have a lot of reservations and the fact that Ajax have signed him doesn't change that for me.

If he does well for Ajax then I'm happy to admit I was wrong but I'd much rather get Archer.

I was sat in a bar in rotterdam when ajax played feyenoord and it got very tasty in the street outside mid 70,s I think
It was “tasty” enough when we played Sparta pre season 15-20 ? years ago
‘interacting’ with (allegedly) ‘noord fans- buses laid on to get us away safely post match.
Then went to ((?) Den Haag which was like Stalingrad on a Friday night

Back
Top Bottom