Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You’re a losing battle. You simply aren’t getting it. Bookmark this thread now and come back to me later on in the season.
What am I not getting? All I’ve said is that I wish we were more organised for the first game of the season. I doubt that will change at any point of the season….today and Forest (which isn’t lost yet) are games you can get points from and from watching it today we wasn’t ready.

If anything it’s possibly a point I’ll come back to at the end of the season and asses where points could have been won and see this as an opportunity lost.

I think Hecky would agree with me, well he pretty much has in his post match press conference

Del, you’re just sad my point is becoming true. I asked for patience the other day, you went against it, now we’ve signed Hamer and you’re actually shitting your sen we’ll sign more. I’m right, you now know I am.
I’m ecstatic that we’ve signed Hamer, he wasn’t available today though so we’ve basically given the game to the opposition.

4 other signings on the bench either not up to speed or not integrated into the squad. A midfield of Norwood, Basham and Osborn.

Osula and Traore up front with Marsh and Hackford on the bench as backup from an attacking sense. McBurnie and Jebbo injured for weeks and no one brought in yet.

I don’t blame any of the players who are fit and available, they did what they could in a shit set of circumstances.

The point still stands that the season started today and we had to play a very poor first 11 as a result of things beyond the management team’s control.

Fingers crossed that the 11 for the Forest game is different otherwise it’s another 3 points written off.

What am I not getting? All I’ve said is that I wish we were more organised for the first game of the season. I doubt that will change at any point of the season….today and Forest (which isn’t lost yet) are games you can get points from and from watching it today we wasn’t ready.

If anything it’s possibly a point I’ll come back to at the end of the season and asses where points could have been won and see this as an opportunity lost.

I think Hecky would agree with me, well he pretty much has in his post match press conference

Tell me your definition of being ready?

Names of players you would want in and their estimated market value.

please answer in the context of Berge and Ndiaye going within the last 10days.

Also in context is that none of those two players up until 2 weeks ago knew they were leaving so management didn’t know.

Enlighten me.

Every single player did their best, no point moaning over any player's deficiencies. An almost impossible task for that bunch to get a result today which is the point of this post. Hecky left high and dry by the board.

Every single player did their best, no point moaning over any player's deficiencies. An almost impossible task for that bunch to get a result today which is the point of this post. Hecky left high and dry by the board.
No by Ndiaye disrupting the plans of a team built around him. Board are backing Hecky to within their limits and reinvesting, reinvesting late because of Ndiaye’s unacceptable about turn when the club had tabled an offer he accepted.

No by Ndiaye disrupting the plans of a team built around him. Board are backing Hecky to within their limits and reinvesting, reinvesting late because of Ndiaye’s unacceptable about turn when the club had tabled an offer he accepted.

You know.

Tell me your definition of being ready?

Names of players you would want in and their estimated market value.

please answer in the context of Berge and Ndiaye going within the last 10days.

Also in context is that none of those two players up until 2 weeks ago knew they were leaving so management didn’t know.

Enlighten me.
They’ve been linked with moves away all summer. NDiaye told the club he wasn’t signing a new deal straight after the Portugal tour, The Princes words.

So we’ve had around 3/4 weeks to prepare for life without NDiaye if you isolate his position as the key role we were missing today for creativity.

I’m not a football scout so I’ll resist chucking a load of ‘unrealistic’ names on here. That’s for the professionals to do.

My expectation of being ready is to have as close to 85-90% of your starting 11 pretty much there for the first game of the season give or take 2/3 late bargains that you can do.

If you base these expectations recent previous Premiership seasons

1st season this is what we did - Top half finish
2nd season this is what we didn’t do - Relegation

Our attack today was nowhere near good enough. By the time it is good enough we could have lost a few valuable points. That’s just a fact.

They’ve been linked with moves away all summer. NDiaye told the club he wasn’t signing a new deal straight after the Portugal tour, The Princes words.

So we’ve had around 3/4 weeks to prepare for life without NDiaye if you isolate his position as the key role we were missing today for creativity.

I’m not a football scout so I’ll resist chucking a load of ‘unrealistic’ names on here. That’s for the professionals to do.

My expectation of being ready is to have as close to 85-90% of your starting 11 pretty much there for the first game of the season give or take 2/3 late bargains that you can do.

If you base these expectations recent previous Premiership seasons

1st season this is what we did - Top half finish
2nd season this is what we didn’t do - Relegation

Our attack today was nowhere near good enough. By the time it is good enough we could have lost a few valuable points. That’s just a fact.

You’ve failed to prove your point. Ndiaye was staying that’s a fact. Then his about turn was because the Marseille owner said he’d never play for them again if he didn’t sign. Look up who owns them and their ways.

This left us in a shite position that we could’ve never planned for. Context is everything and you’re failing to grasp it.

You’ve failed to prove your point. Ndiaye was staying that’s a fact. Then his about turn was because the Marseille owner said he’d never play for them again if he didn’t sign. Look up who owns them and their ways.

This left us in a shite position that we could’ve never planned for. Context is everything and you’re failing to grasp it.
Eh? What’s that got to do with anything? 😂

I’ve literally said what the Prince said. He announced he wasn’t signing a new deal straight after the Portugal tour around 3/4 weeks ago.

We have had that time to plan for life post NDiaye yet today we started with a thread bare attack.

A team like your reference Brighton would always planned ahead when it comes to player sales and would have had their replacements ready today.

Most of what I’m saying is pretty much echoing the words of Hecky in his pre & post match interviews. Presume you know more than him too though.

If we'd have kicked off in the first game of last season with that midfield and attack the fans would've been kicking off big time.

The board fucking about and trying to squeeze out every last penny to grab a bargain when they're sending us against a serious premier league team with bottom half championship midfielders.

This isn't the baby league dickheads, this is the big time and we're playing for points.

Woke up this morning, thinking about the blade's and how we would fair. After today I am very optimistic. 36pts from safety squad a couple of weeks behind were we should be. But the builder postman bricklayer,or any other description some of the fans want to call our players, put a shift in today and I'm proud.

30% possession at home to palace through completely self inflicted problems from the board. What fucking planet are they on.

We had some really encouraging performances from some very modestly paid players but christ they needed some help, what a waste of a group of young motivated players and a home crowd pumped up for a big day in the sunshine at the lane.

I'm not sure what could have been sorted out months or even weeks ago that would have resulted us having better prospects for the season overall now. Our priorities changed when NDiaye left. It's not great losing early points but blowing it all early would have given us less chance of bringing in the genuine quality needed to replace him and Berge now plus other positions. It's catch 22 situation caused in the main by our low transfer budget and then losing our 2 key midfield players late in the window, but at least we seem to be addressing the problem. The next 2 weeks will tell.

You like listening to the board don't you? Ndiaye and Berge have not been signing new contracts all along, no secret. Should've sold them weeks ago or got replacements in first. Instead the board sanctioned their departures days before the start of the season and them blamed them for doing what they were always going to do, hence today's debacle. Read the original post again and have a think.

You have no clue about anything to do with the business of football. I’m not even going to entertain you. You’re boring. I’ll bookmark this thread when we’re up and running and I suggest you do the same. Now stop fucking annoying my phone.
It's 'You haven't a clue' not 'you have no clue'. You're actually massively entertaining. And if I'm 'annoying your phone', maybe get a new phone where you can turn notifications off?

I'm not sure what could have been sorted out months or even weeks ago that would have resulted us having better prospects for the season overall now. Our priorities changed when NDiaye left. It's not great losing early points but blowing it all early would have given us less chance of bringing in the genuine quality needed to replace him and Berge now plus other positions. It's catch 22 situation caused in the main by our low transfer budget and then losing our 2 key midfield players late in the window, but at least we seem to be addressing the problem. The next 2 weeks will tell.

Millhousesblade1889 see this post.

You like listening to the board don't you? Ndiaye and Berge have not been signing new contracts all along, no secret. Should've sold them weeks ago or got replacements in first. Instead the board sanctioned their departures days before the start of the season and them blamed them for doing what they were always going to do, hence today's debacle. Read the original post again and have a think.

Fuck me. Absolute codswallop. And I don’t use that phrase lightly.

That’s the point.

We’ve managed to assemble a squad over the course of 2 months that led to us having a starting midfield of Basham, Osborn and Norwood with Osula and Traore up front.

The season started today, no one is being impatient expecting us to field a better team today.

That game was winnable. We lost it.
Well it's nice to see us all turning on each other. Valid points on both sides of the fence. That starting midfield was truly shocking. We need to get the new midfielders up and running within our system asap. It was a winnable game. We will face tougher opposition at home, but it is a marathon not a sprint. We will only know the true potential of the team after the transfer window closes. Think there is more to come from this team, as let's face it, the starting midfield lineup today would be a real foot to the pedal towards Derby's record.

Back
Top Bottom