Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky said a month ago in his interview we’d be doing business late in the window .. I just don’t get why .. the club knew Berge & Illy’s contract situation & could have forced the issue sooner if it’s the finances .
Agree with the comments we are effectively having our pre season in first games 2 of which are against our potential rivals .
Piss poor panning whichever way you look that I’m afraid ⚔️
I think he probably expected to be doing some business late in the window probably pushing for the two domestic loans. I don’t think he expected to be having to do this much business late in the window

To be honest, he was taking the piss. He was saying we were shit and putting it all on Fleck. As I walked down Shoreham Street he started mocking me because I wouldn't fight him. Knuckle dragging moron. Reckon I'd have floored the cunt anyway.

These people do go to prove Katzenjammer's point about our fanbase.

It was a free swing today albeit against one of the poorer teams in the division.

My main gripe above and beyond the midfield 3 which has already been covered in this thread is how long has McBurnie been injured for and how long have we known Brewster is gonna be out for? Sending Osula and Traore out to fend for themselves with that midfield behind them was suicidal! Was like having 2 Peewee Hermans upfront against their centre halves!

Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahah

Why dont you stop replying to me then you happy clappy spaz?
Well done. You’ve won most embarrassing post of the day. You replied to him first and you’ve used the word “spaz”. Have a think about yourself.

I think he probably expected to be doing some business late in the window probably pushing for the two domestic loans. I don’t think he expected to be having to do this much business late in the window

No offence to Hecky but not everything goes to plan and you have to adapt your plans sometimes. In an ideal world a club gets all their business done in July but like fuck that ever happens.

It was a free swing today albeit against one of the poorer teams in the division.

My main gripe above and beyond the midfield 3 which has already been covered in this thread is how long has McBurnie been injured for and how long have we known Brewster is gonna be out for? Sending Osula and Traore out to fend for themselves with that midfield behind them was suicidal! Was like having 2 Peewee Hermans upfront against their centre halves!
Running in behind the Palace centre backs and right back is a good way to get success as they are slow, but we only tried this in the last 10 mins. You obviously need the ball and pacey wide attackers to do this well.

No offence to Hecky but not everything goes to plan and you have to adapt your plans sometimes. In an ideal world a club gets all their business done in July but like fuck that ever happens.
True but for all the bluster about replacements lined up for Ndiaye that’s clearly not happened we’re probably on plan H or G in that department. On the Berge front it looks like Plan A worked going off the speed of the Hamer deal.

Well done. You’ve won most embarrassing post of the day. You replied to him first and you’ve used the word “spaz”. Have a think about yourself.
He wanted me out of his notifications. He started with the personal insults. If he can't debate properly, maybe he should keep his keyboard shut.

As its so high on your agenda, I’ll await you calling out his personal insults. Doubt it somehow.

True but for all the bluster about replacements lined up for Ndiaye that’s clearly not happened we’re probably on plan H or G in that department. On the Berge front it looks like Plan A worked going off the speed of the Hamer deal.

We are on that plan for Ndiaye because we were led down the garden path and genuinely thought he had done a U-turn on leaving.

FYI I doubt a replacement for Ndiaye even exists and certainly not with our budget.

These people do go to prove Katzenjammer's point about our fanbase.
Absolutely. Tbh most of us are normal, but pricks like this stand out like a saw thumb. Nobody agreed with him, but he shouted louder than everyone else. Probably shouldn't have got into an argument with him, but I hate it when the cunts win.

End of September, middle of October, incomings and injuries allowing, 4-6 of today‘s starting XI won’t be starting. And most of the bench will be different too.

It‘s just a shame we’ve decided to throw away a significant proportion of this season’s games while we get ourselves in something like shape.

He wanted me out of his notifications. He started with the personal insults. If he can't debate properly, maybe he should keep his keyboard shut.
The whole back and forth is just embarrassing. Don’t know why I inserted myself into it but it felt petty. I know you’re better than that.

We are on that plan for Ndiaye because we were led down the garden path and genuinely thought he had done a U-turn on leaving.

FYI I doubt a replacement for Ndiaye even exists and certainly not with our budget.
We’re going to have to hope I’d settle for a loan in that spot to be honest especially if the Archer interest is for a permanent signing

The whole back and forth is just embarrassing. Don’t know why I inserted myself into it but it felt petty. I know you’re better than that.
Fair enough. I can’t help myself sometimes. I’m fuming, maybe more than I should be given that I could see it coming.

We could be so much better than this.

Yeah and loans won't get be let go til the end of the window.
If we get Doyle or another midfielder and either Archer or a striker I think we can make do and mend until late on for the flair loan. Doyle and Hamer would at least allow us to retain possession in the opposition half and give us a fighting chance

The problem on this thread is that a certain poster has had more pints today than he’s got IQ points. It makes reasonable debate difficult.

It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.
How can board be held responsible for Ndiaye sh!tting on Hecky and SUFC with an 11:59pm about turn. The “board” put an offer that was acceptable to him, he gave his word then reneged and slapped Heckys plan across the face. Signings and targets were late, lost and made cause our plans were holed by Ndiaye below the waterline. It was always known Necky was building team around Ndiaye.

As for Berge we have a much better replacement in place albeit 1 game later than we would have wanted.
Easy click bait headline “ blame the board” no blame the player that shafted Heckys plans.

You have to look at a blueprint of what has been successful elsewhere. Brighton & Brentford built on top of what they already had. Initially Brighton went very much down the experienced route until recently as they’ve become more established.

We didn’t have that luxury as we were always going to lose Sander/ NDiaye. We should have prioritised replacements to be ready and available prior to today.

Laroucci, Traore & Slimane are miles off it & I think that’s obvious for us all to see. I’m not saying they’ll not improve but we don’t really have time to give them with a handful of winnable games in this league.

Hamer is a great start but we now need 3/4 players to go straight into the team.

You can’t be happy with the preparation & how we have approached the first game of the season?

I’m not losing my head after one loss, however, I can’t say I’m buzzing about looking at our team/ squad at the moment.

Quite simply, did we not replace Berge? Yes we did, with Hamer. An upgrade.

Ndiaye was about to sign for us. Until Marseille gave him an unplayable ultimatum.

I really don’t understand the expectations of some fans. It’s ridiculous over expectation that kills clubs and fucking annoys the more sane fans.

It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.
Played palace 3 weeks too early for me.

Would've preferred to play Man City tbh. Least we know we'll not take any points off them, regardless of squad

Giving Hecky 35 games to keep us up is particularly unfair since Kompany et al have got 38.

But we’ve just got to keep backing the team. Let’s hope we get a new owner soon; the fans, team, Hecky and staff deserve much better. Onwards.
And it's not really 35 games either, at least 5-6 if not more are write offs with the top 6. We have around 30 games to get the points we need and home against Palace and away against Forest are prime for getting points, and to go into them so badly underprepared is piss-poor management. Staring the season with today's starting front 5 is woefully unprofessional. It's not the championship where there are more games and worse teams with time to turn it around.

We've got far better teams than Palace to come and they battered us, the ball came back immediately from midfield all game.

The problem on this thread is that a certain poster has had more pints today than he’s got IQ points. It makes reasonable debate difficult.

Del, you’re just sad my point is becoming true. I asked for patience the other day, you went against it, now we’ve signed Hamer and you’re actually shitting your sen we’ll sign more. I’m right, you now know I am.

Quite simply, did we not replace Berge? Yes we did, with Hamer. An upgrade.

Ndiaye was about to sign for us. Until Marseille gave him an unplayable ultimatum.

I really don’t understand the expectations of some fans. It’s ridiculous over expectation that kills clubs and fucking annoys the more sane fans.
I’m not sure that you understand my point. I’m not annoyed or upset losing either of those players because of the circumstances of their contracts I think we were right to get money in when we did.

Hamer should have been lined up and ready prior to this game, however, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt as he’s through the door now so we can tick that one off.

What I’m annoyed about is that the NDiaye saga went on from the day he told us he wanted to go we should have had one eye on palace and been proactive in the market. Yet we’ve not signed an attacking player since.

Today we had Hackford & Marsh as our back up strikers. I have to admit and accept that my expectations & hopes were higher than the attacking line up we put together for our return to the Premiership and in a game that we could have got points in if we were ready.

I don’t think I’m being unrealistic in having a higher expectation than the team we put out today.

I’m not sure that you understand my point. I’m not annoyed or upset losing either of those players because of the circumstances of their contracts I think we were right to get money in when we did.

Hamer should have been lined up and ready prior to this game, however, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt as he’s through the door now so we can tick that one off.

What I’m annoyed about is that the NDiaye saga went on from the day he told us he wanted to go we should have had one eye on palace and been proactive in the market. Yet we’ve not signed an attacking player since.

Today we had Hackford & Marsh as our back up strikers. I have to admit and accept that my expectations & hopes were higher than the attacking line up we put together for our return to the Premiership and in a game that we could have got points in if we were ready.

I don’t think I’m being unrealistic in having a higher expectation than the team we put out today.

Back to my original point. You simply don’t understand the business of football. You think things can just happen when we want.

I’ve worked in football, I know behind the scenes and how it works. I know agents busting guts behind the scenes to get deals over the line, even in league 2.

You thinking deals “should just happen” is naive. Stop being naive.

Back to my original point. You simply don’t understand the business of football. You think things can just happen when we want.

I’ve worked in football, I know behind the scenes and how it works. I know agents busting guts behind the scenes to get deals over the line, even in league 2.

You thinking deals “should just happen” is naive. Stop being naive.
🤣🤣, ok if you experience of transfer dealing makes you feel better about our team today then great. I’d possibly say you’re the one being naive though in thinking what we put out today is acceptable.

You look at the team you mentioned in Brighton, they’re always lauded for the fact that when they lose a top player they have an unknown player to come straight in who ends up being another hidden gem. They do that because their recruitment is proactive & savy. They’re aware of what could happen to their players and always stay one step ahead.

Again the fact NDiaye left us two weeks ago and Osula started today with a back up of Hackford & Marsh shows that we’re nowhere near that.

Del, you’re just sad my point is becoming true. I asked for patience the other day, you went against it, now we’ve signed Hamer and you’re actually shitting your sen we’ll sign more. I’m right, you now know I am.

Nice of you to claim you’ve had more pints than your IQ though

🤣🤣, ok if you experience of transfer dealing makes you feel better about our team today then great. I’d possibly say you’re the one being naive though in thinking what we put out today is acceptable.

You look at the team you mentioned in Brighton, they’re always lauded for the fact that when they lose a top player they have an unknown player to come straight in who ends up being another hidden gem. They do that because their recruitment is proactive & savy. They’re aware of what could happen to their players and always stay one step ahead.

Again the fact NDiaye left us two weeks ago and Osula started today with a back up of Hackford & Marsh shows that we’re nowhere near that.
You’re a losing battle. You simply aren’t getting it. Bookmark this thread now and come back to me later on in the season.

Back
Top Bottom