Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We could have had Haarland and Kane up front and they would have done f all. NO service , no chances. Midfield has been a problem since our last relagation year. Hopefully been addressed with Souza, Hamer, Slimane, maybe Doyle and A.N.Other
couldn't agree more

I think Ndiaye would have improved us massively, Traore had 2 or 3 opportunities to run at their defence and chose not to. Ndiaye would have just gone and there’d have been an end product.
Maybe, we'll never know will we

I think Ndiaye would have improved us massively, Traore had 2 or 3 opportunities to run at their defence and chose not to. Ndiaye would have just gone and there’d have been an end product.
It’s all if buts & maybes but the team we had at the end of last season would have given them a game yesterday and caused them to worry more than they had to.

Watching the match you could say three defenders not dealing with a cross cost us a point. Three defenders that got us promoted. Could also say Osula not scoring his chances cost us a point. There are other viewpoints.

We only lost 1-0. Luton and Burnley lost 3-0 and look at how much their Board has spent. Move on and we should be okay. The fans were brilliant today from what I could hear on TV.
Luton lost to a team who’ve qualified for Europe and Burnley lost to arguably the best team in the world I don’t think our loss and their losses can be comparable

You have no clue about anything to do with the business of football. I’m not even going to entertain you. You’re boring. I’ll bookmark this thread when we’re up and running and I suggest you do the same. Now stop fucking annoying my phone.
Turn notifications off then bright spark

Watching the match you could say three defenders not dealing with a cross cost us a point. Three defenders that got us promoted. Could also say Osula not scoring his chances cost us a point. There are other viewpoints.

We only lost 1-0. Luton and Burnley lost 3-0 and look at how much their Board has spent. Move on and we should be okay. The fans were brilliant today from what I could hear on TV.
Yeah, that midfield had nothing to do with it. And Osula missing the chances, he shouldn’t even be on the pitch to be taking. Exactly his point.

Berge joined Burnley on the 9th.
Hamer was done on the 11th.
If that's not "lined up and ready to go" can you please explain what is?

There can't and won't be a "replacement" for Ndiaye because he was that good. We'll need 2 or 3 players to give us what he offered.

Which board member chose to select the worst midfield ever seen in the Premier League when two of the new signings were sitting on the bench? Fine, they might not have been able to play but we conceded with them on the pitch.
Have the deal ready to go, you don’t sell
Berge until it’s sorted. We signed Souza the same day as Berge left.

Granted, it’s nowhere near as big an indictment on the board as the fact we sold N’Diaye weeks ago and haven’t brought in a single attacker since

There can't and won't be a "replacement" for Ndiaye because he was that good. We'll need 2 or 3 players to give us what he offered.
It’s not about replacing N’Diaye like for like or of equal quality, but sign some attackers so we’re not starting two completely unproven 20 year olds up front in the Prem.

Aye, absolutely right. But we already know that though don't we? And a few days ago, we thought this is what we'd be watching for the rest of the season.

Now we know we have Harmer and Souza, with Doyle and others (hopefully Archer included) coming in. Today's side just isn't the one we'll have week in week out.

We gave it a good go, next week we'll have more of a side and not to have is the board's fault as we already know. But we move on to next week with more hope than we did have don't we?
Doyle coming in???? Really.?Phookin hope your right but not seen anything other than cryptic twitter stuff that carries little weight for me.👍

Have the deal ready to go, you don’t sell
Berge until it’s sorted.
I'm not sure why you think it's common to sign a replacement before the player being replaced leaves. Can you think of an example?

Clubs, not just us, operate on fine margins.

What happens if Hamer comes in then Berge falls through and there are no other takers?

Anyone who thinks having to start the season with that team is just down to it being difficult to sign players is deluded.

You've not listened to the manager and you're probably just either playing the bigger Blade card or on some propaganda mission.

The lack of preparation and foresight this summer has been unprofessional for a team entering the PL.

Loan players often come later in the window but even if we bring in a few more decent players, by the time they've hot up to speed and gelled etc, we've potentially written off several games.

We were already climbing a mountain but we saw last time how difficult it is once you go weeks without winning.

Anyone who thinks having to start the season with that team is just down to it being difficult to sign players is deluded.

You've not listened to the manager and you're probably just either playing the bigger Blade card or on some propaganda mission.

The lack of preparation and foresight this summer has been unprofessional for a team entering the PL.

Loan players often come later in the window but even if we bring in a few more decent players, by the time they've hot up to speed and gelled etc, we've potentially written off several games.

We were already climbing a mountain but we saw last time how difficult it is once you go weeks without winning.
I raise you Tottenham.

The Kane saga has dragged on and is a huge loss for them but they'll not be playing a midfield and forward line like ours yesterday.
True, but their only other striker is Richarlison (or Son if they choose to play him as a striker) and he wasn't exactly prolific last season. How do you replace the goals in that team and more importantly, who do you sign to at least fill a part of that void.

True we could have prepared ALOT better but I think the club thought promotion to the Premier League would give us one last chance to get Berge and Ndiaye to sign a new deal. It seems like we did try all we could with them as well.

Like I have said elsewhere I think we were sailing so close to the wind financially last season that we have had to wait for promotion funds to come in before we could do anything. Sadly it all seems to be the knock on effect of not being able to sell the club to anyone who isn't a complete crook.

I think some people assume a big wheelbarrow of £120million in cash or whatever just appears in the club car park the day after we get promoted.

The Kane saga has dragged on and is a huge loss for them but they'll not be playing a midfield and forward line like ours yesterday.

It's a saga of Daniel Levy's making. Fair play to him for the deal itself he has extracted what could end up being another £50million out of Bayern after they initially bid around £70million. On a player with 1 year left on his deal and took advantage of Bayern's desperation knowing Kane was their only target.

It's still poor planning though as Spurs do have the funds, they have the scouts and they have damn sight more resources than we do to get another player in first. They are a club that should have been lining a deal up well before any deal for Kane happened.

We didn’t really have any changes to make that would influence a game in the Premier League.
I reckon Brooks probably deserved a start in front of any of the Keystone Cops we had in midfield. Every time Palace came forward with ball, we were flapping around like headless chickens.

I get it.. so everytime we lose a point that's the boards fault , everytime we gain one that's due to Hecky and the team . Seams perfectly logical 🙄.
. Think a few guys might be thinking " that's how my Mrs's brain works too " 😅

Hecky has done an amazing job given the circumstances but I reckon he is starting to think this way himself.

I reckon Brooks probably deserved a start in front of any of the Keystone Cops we had in midfield. Every time Palace came forward with ball, we were flapping around like headless chickens.
Ben Osborn was always going to play left midfield, Hecky tends to value experience over youth when he has a choice.

As I stated on an earlier post, we are in this situation solely because the Prince simply does not have the funds to support a Premier League club (& probably even a Championship club). From letting Khadra go last Christmas & then not allowing Hecky to bring anyone in followed by the transfer embargo it is clear that he does not have the cash flow to pay for transfers, hence why he needed to wait for Premier league money & now the sales of Illiman & Sander - to fund any incomings. So as the OP states, the Palace result & probably Forest on Friday sit 100% with the Prince & the shitshow he has caused this summer. The Hamer signing is great - but I’ll reserve judgement until we see how the squad looks on 1st Sept & if we genuinely will see the quality of Doyle, Archer, Akpom through the door. Let’s wait & see, as what happens over the next 2.1/2 weeks will define our season.

Bottom line though is the Prince needs to lower his price (not £170 million) & be realistic and sell to someone who can support this club & most importantly Hecky. Otherwise we’ll be down in the same situation as Huddersfield Town & the mess they ended up with Dean Hoyle (who even know allegedly has his fingers in the running of the clubs - despite new ownership).

Last edited:
As I stated on an earlier post, we are in this situation solely because the Prince simply does not have the funds to support a Premier League club (& probably even a Championship club). From letting Khadra go last Christmas & then not allowing Hecky to bring anyone in followed by the transfer embargo it is clear that he does not have the cash flow to pay for transfers, hence why he needed to wait for Premier league money & now the sales of Illiman & Sander - to fund any incomings. So as the OP states, the Palace result & probably Forest on Friday sit 100% with the Prince & the shitshow he has caused this summer. The Hamer signing is great - but I’ll reserve judgement until we see how the squad looks on 1st Sept & if we genuinely will see the quality of Doyle, Archer, Akpom through the door. Let’s wait & see, as what happens over the next 2.1/2 weeks will define our season.

Bottom line though is the Prince needs to lower his price (not £170 million) & be realistic and sell to someone who can support this club & most importantly Hecky. Otherwise we’ll be down in the same situation as Huddersfield Town & the mess they ended up with Dean Hoyle (who even know allegedly has his fingers in the running of the clubs - despite new ownership).

I watched the Mission to Burnley documentary series on Sky, on the first episode it says how much ALK Capital paid for Burnley (£170m).

Now, if you’re the prince and you see that Burnley were sold for £170m, wouldn’t you expect to at least get say £150m for United?

Surprise surprise.. Still think he's ballsed his progression up as he was learning so much and he let his head get turned for fucking money.
To put the blame elsewhere is delusional
One player leaving caused us to have a front 5 of Osborn, Basham, Norwood, Traore and Osula?

That’s far fetched Blade tinted bollocks if ever I heard it.

Think us losing at least 6 key players brewster mcburnie RND Fleck BOGLE Jebbison to injury may have affected us
But you blamed Ndiaye above…….

so your not blaming the selfish little shit who walked out on us a week before the season started

I’d also say that RND, Brewster and Bogle are long term injuries, we could have planned for and covered these.

Jebbison is only a first teamer because we were paying Ndiaye £4k a week and he chose to repay that loyalty by joining Marseille for a lot more money.

Fleck is backup at best.

McBurnie you have a point on, shame he was injured.

Back
Top Bottom