Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.

Aye, absolutely right. But we already know that though don't we? And a few days ago, we thought this is what we'd be watching for the rest of the season.

Now we know we have Harmer and Souza, with Doyle and others (hopefully Archer included) coming in. Today's side just isn't the one we'll have week in week out.

We gave it a good go, next week we'll have more of a side and not to have is the board's fault as we already know. But we move on to next week with more hope than we did have don't we?

Feel similar. Palace were there for the taking.

That loss was down to just not having the quality on the pitch. Even just having Hamer on would have made a difference.

Clear the plan was to do the channels and just try and chip it through to front two because the midfield trio sadly don't possess the qualities you'd need.

All gave their all and I cannot fault that one bit. Traore looked promising.
Osborn usually rises to these sorts of occasions and he did again at least in terms of effort and grit.

Watching the match you could say three defenders not dealing with a cross cost us a point. Three defenders that got us promoted. Could also say Osula not scoring his chances cost us a point. There are other viewpoints.

We only lost 1-0. Luton and Burnley lost 3-0 and look at how much their Board has spent. Move on and we should be okay. The fans were brilliant today from what I could hear on TV.

Agree the board are at fault.
The players are effectively using proper PL matches as pre-season warm ups, disgraceful really
but couldn't care less, its the end game that's the most important and whether we stay up or not.

There's a decision to make......if there's a great chance of top targets coming to us but we're told we need to wait until the end of the window for the final decision.
Do we say "no thanks, we're going elsewhere to bring in our 3rd choice targets who we can get well before the season starts"
Still think we'd be relegated with our 2nd and 3rd choice targets.

Think our best hope of staying up is to effectively write off September
if it means we brings in 3 or 4 top players who were our 1st choice targets.
Knew we'd lose today because we're not even average Championship standard.
However very confident that by the end of the transfer window, as usual, many will be going overboard about the fantastic signings.

It's a long season, to use everyone's favourite cliche, as Aston Villa showed last time.

We're shopping in a place where everyone else has more money, so our new players are going to have to come in later in the day.

We'll have to wait and see what happens but I can't be the only one who thinks we've probably traded signifcantly up by replacing Berge with Hamer? And that was done within a couple of days. I'm not sure how much more quickly you'd expect it?

As for trying to replace a forward player of Ndaiye's quality... it's an altogether different propostion attempting to replace any striker.

Relax a bit.

It’s one thing not getting signings over the line, but to cause an absolute clusterfuck of a situation by not getting alternatives/replacements ready for when you sell your 2 star players and leave us with probably barely even a championship level midfield and attack is an absolute disgrace.

They did well today in the way a league one team does well in a cup match with home advantage.

There are positives from the match but the 2007 relegation shows how big one point can be in the Prem.

Disgraceful, the board and recruitment teams needs to get its arse in gear because I’m still in utter disbelief this has happened.
Problem is we had to sell Sander and Iliman in order to get the alternatives and replacements in. We were also desperate to delay selling them as long as possible to see if they would both stay/sign contracts so it created a perfect storm. It’s one game and there’s already quality players in place in the wings with more to come. We weren’t humiliated and this is the worst team we will put out all season. It’s more a case of the Board being mad than bad and I’m not sure how we could have recruited the quality we all want without selling off some of the family silver first. We are a long way from a crisis here and improving from a 0-1 defeat with the worst team we could put out doesn’t feel like a mountain to climb to me

Oh FFS. Stitch it up will ya!

Today was down to Osborne not blocking a cross.

End of.

The rest will come. Chill the fuck out everyone. Impatient bastards.
The fuck you talking about impatient, it’s the most moneyed league on the planet and we’re playing a 34 year old defender and Ben Osborn in midfield.

Fuck me some Blades will settle for some right shit

I applauded the players off today, thats as well as that particular selection of players could play.
Doesn’t contradict my OP at all, the players did do as well as they could and it’s a bonus that we didn’t get pasted. But Christ it’s the board fault that we had to put a team like that out, complete and utter incompetence

Today it should have been 4-0

If we went more attacking with Hamer instead of Basham we would have got even more destroyed.

We were so many levels behind them. This is a team that has struggled infront of goal and has lost its 2 best attacking players.

Impossible to argue with any of that.

If we went more attacking with Hamer instead of Basham we would have got even more destroyed.

Absolutely not true, Hamer is a fantastic athlete for a start, good defensively and Bashams lack of quality on the ball gave palace much more control of the game than they should have had.

Not to mention we’d have actually had some quality and thrust going forward.

You’re saying we wouldn’t have done better with the best midfielder in the championship instead of Chris Basham. Christ almighty

End of.

Yeah that why. That’s why we’ve thrown what wouldve been a must not win game, one player. Who shouldn’t even have been playing. Kinda his point.

And it’s Osborn*

End of.

Yeah that was definitely the only difference between the teams.

Palace are one of the worst teams in the division. They barely had to break sweat to beat us.

Fuck me. You lot will clap anything wont ya.

End of.

Completey agree.
Ffs grow up.
We have players to come in.
What were your expectations today with what had to be a makeshift team?

Yeah that was definitely the only difference between the teams.

Palace are one of the worst teams in the division. They barely had to break sweat to beat us.

Fuck me. You lot will clap anything wont ya.
Ah yeh “happy clappers” fuck off you twat. First game of the season. Give it a rest and get back on Fortnite.

Why was Slimane on the bench and not starting? If we seriously think Bash is the better option what was the point of signing Slimane at all? Makes no sense to me.
It isnt like playing football manager. New players have to learn the system, the league. Bash knows it inside out while slimane has been here for a few weeks.

Ah yeh “happy clappers” fuck off you twat. First game of the season. Give it a rest and get back on Fortnite.
Dont know if you’ve noticed but points are going to be scarce this season. We’ve not created a single clear cut chance.

This squad wouldnt get out of the championship. If you believe its going to keep us in the Prem, you’re a fucking idiot

Quite a lot of 'state the bleeding obvious' knocking about tonight

Absolutely not true, Hamer is a fantastic athlete for a start, good defensively and Bashams lack of quality on the ball gave palace much more control of the game than they should have had.

Not to mention we’d have actually had some quality and thrust going forward.

You’re saying we wouldn’t have done better with the best midfielder in the championship instead of Chris Basham. Christ almighty
Hamer would of course look better going forward. But if you think Hamer would have helped today when we couldn’t get a touch of the ball and that’s what Basham is best at then your insane.

We were carved open constantly an attacking player isn’t going to resolve that.

Back
Top Bottom