Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Full pre match interview where he gets asked about the plan, this includes his RS interview posted earlier as well:

Make of it what you will.

Can't help but think similar if how I read it is accurate.

I'm not in the Wilder out camp, but he's not exactly covered himself in glory with some of the stuff he has said lately.

Pretty much my view as well Mr Crab.

I don't want him to go and still think he's the best choice for next season as his fingerprints are all over the entire club and anyone coming in would struggle to implement their own style in the time frame we will as fans demand.

I do think if CW truly does want to stay then he needs to be really careful in how he acts and what he says between now and the end of the season. Pre 1st lockdown he was literally untouchable and could have said anything he wanted as PA couldn't do anything about it due to the reaction from the fan base. He could probably have called PA a c*nt to his face in a press conference and he'd still be untouchable.

After this season if he thinks he's untouchable in the eyes of the fans still then he's being delusional.

Despite the utter mess he's made of this season with the terrible squad, inflexible insistence on his copyrighted way of playing, and all the rest, I've never thought he should do anything but take charge for next season - if he wants to.

But it's got to the point now where the man's ego is so large it would dwarf Kinder Scout. The mistakes are endlessly repeated, the humiliation is almost complete, and yet there's a sense of entitlement. I don't know how he's got the nerve to come out with some of this stuff.

I don't really care any more if he decided to just **** off. I'm beginning to think he believes he's a giant of the coaching world. Like when Sam Allardyce reckoned he would make a good coach of Real Madrid. I've got news for him.

Despite the utter mess he's made of this season with the terrible squad, inflexible insistence on his copyrighted way of playing, and all the rest, I've never thought he should do anything but take charge for next season - if he wants to.

But it's got to the point now where the man's ego is so large it would dwarf Kinder Scout. The mistakes are endlessly repeated, the humiliation is almost complete, and yet there's a sense of entitlement. I don't know how he's got the nerve to come out with some of this stuff.

I don't really care any more if he decided to just **** off. I'm beginning to think he believes he's a giant of the coaching world. Like when Sam Allardyce reckoned he would make a good coach of Real Madrid. I've got news for him.
So basically when it’s going well we love how his honest straight forward way is but by god if we have a bad time then it’s ego and a sense of entitlement.
Hells bells this is a beauty.

A brief breakdown of the premier league experience (Fan perspective):

Manger has good season at club using players from championship with a sprinkle of others. Barry’s bar. Clubhouse. Pints.

Covid.

Manager has shit start to season at club after sources declare “best window yet” on the backdrop of not recruiting an adequate CB replacement for a player we knew would be out.

Fans confused as to why this is, but believe there must be player wilder has faith in to step. No such player exists.

Fans get frustrated, manager works on a signing to improve clubs attacking prowess, owner digs into to pocket and provides £23 million, fans fucking love it. Player bought. Injuries.

Results don’t improve, not the systems fault. We can’t compete, because our intent (This line makes the fans happy) is to sign top quality championship players (This line not so much) that in fact we can’t sign due to our ”wage structure” rendering our intent useless and having to settle for the next band of just good championship players. No substance.

More injuries, make low key statements of not filling a bench, press conference soundbites. What needs to change? Players need to be brave and VAR is as bad as Steve McLaren Dutch English hybrid accent.....DEH.

Manager has spent over £115 million in two seasons, club dead certs for relegation. Some opinions suggest because of latter board not backed wilder. What ever happened to not spunkin money and financial stability at heart of everything we do. Greedy.

Most managers would have been sacked by this point, board fully support wilder publicly all the way. Strange.

Manager makes statement about sticking to the plan, board never agreed to relegation as a plan, works both ways. Board adapts plan. Most relegated teams lose players. Assets make money that can be reinvested and offset losses. Stability.

Manager never adapted. Manager needs to be flexible. Manager is undoubtedly a club legend, but manager needs to remember how he justified the sale of players to fans in the past “to improve the whole club” or else manger will get this throw straight back at him by the board.

And that’s football folks.

Last edited:
Yes, most people are a little contrite when things are going this badly. Not issuing their terms for staying on.
So AGAIN I take you haven’t watched any of his interviews where he states how much he’s hurting and that he takes responsibility and that it’s a learning curve.
Let’s just make things up time and time to try and justify you digging the manager out.
Tell you what fella when you get what you quite clearly want and he does “fuck off”then don’t start whining and whinging when it goes belly up.
Give me this mans ego above some manager who doesn’t give a flying fuck about this club someone who will take is money and fuck off when the going gets tough.

Not issuing their terms for staying on.
He obviously wants to know the way forward for this club
He wants to know if the board share his vision for this club both short term and medium / long term and wants assurances that we wont have a fire sale dont forget he was promised 2 loans in January that didnt happen
We all know why they didnt happen but he was still promised them
If the board dont share his vision he will probably leave then we will see if we are still a selling club
McCabe used to get slagged off for us being a selling club, but when a manager (also a Blade) tries to stand up to the board and the possible selling off of our best players he also gets pelters
Make your mind up what do you want

So AGAIN I take you haven’t watched any of his interviews where he states how much he’s hurting and that he takes responsibility and that it’s a learning curve.
Let’s just make things up time and time to try and justify you digging the manager out.
Tell you what fella when you get what you quite clearly want and he does “fuck off”then don’t start whining and whinging when it goes belly up.
Give me this mans ego above some manager who doesn’t give a flying fuck about this club someone who will take is money and fuck off when the going gets tough.

If you're going to reply to my posts try to fecking read them before you do.

I said " I've never thought he should do anything but take charge for next season - if he wants to"

I don't "clearly want" the opposite, I said I wouldn't care anymore if he decided to leave.

So I won't be replying again until you give the impression you can comprehend what others say, not what you imagine they say.

Fella :rolleyes:

If you're going to reply to my posts try to fecking read them before you do.

I said " I've never thought he should do anything but take charge for next season - if he wants to"

I don't "clearly want" the opposite, I said I wouldn't care anymore if he decided to leave.

So I won't be replying again until you give the impression you can comprehend what others say, not what you imagine they say.

Fella :rolleyes:
I read “I don’t really care if he fucks off” I wouldn’t take that show of support and I want him to stay.

Full pre match interview where he gets asked about the plan, this includes his RS interview posted earlier as well:

Make of it what you will.

Getting boring every interview listening how good the opposition are. Wilder seemed different last season..

Is there any truth in the rumour that Wilder lost his mum last week?
If true it would have a bearing on how Wilder is feeling at the moment.

If this is the case, the club should give him compassionate leave and let AK take over for a couple of games. We're down, some things are more important than any football game.

So what’s wrong with the interview? What’s in that upsets or offends you? This seems to be a recurring theme from the same posters with regards his interviews.
His interviews are no different to when we were in league one and we all loved it. He’s honest, he’s not happy we are in the position we are in he answers all the questions honestly and alludes to the fact that it is a learning curve for him and the club.
What is it people who want him out are seeing or hearing? We have numerous posters claim he doesn’t take responsibility when he has in numerous interviews. People seem to be trying to look for something that isn’t there. By all means have a go at the tactics team selection etc but don’t personally attack and try and pick faults with a manger who has given us the best times we have ever seen.
Some weren't here when we was in league one, that's why.

Sorry Carlton but the fact it's the biggest investment the club has ever seen should say it all, it says more about us in previous years and if you combine transfer fees and wages we are paupers in a billionaires playground. Not going to argue the case on each player he's brought in, but comparing this investment against previous is of no real relevance and shouldn't be used against Chris.
I agree to a point. Where I disagree is when it's stated that this seasons results were inevitable based on the level of investment (I know you haven't said that but you made some good points so I wanted to respond)

"There’s always a short, medium and long term plan. That’s determined by other people by the way, that plan. I know which way I want to take the club. [Asked if those conversations are happening?] I think they should be, but they’re not.

and the biggest line without a doubt is that the Blades boss is unsure whether he’ll be at United next season - when asked the question outright, he answered: “I don’t know”.

The plan was to leave a legacy, to change things off the pitch which need changing, and stick with the players we’ve invested in and add a couple and try and bounce back. As simple as that.”
Asked if he wanted to stay at United, Wilder replied: “If we stick to the plan.”

Chris Wilder - pre-Villa press conference.
Is he off to Sunderland or has he raised his sights?

Can't help but think similar if how I read it is accurate.

I'm not in the Wilder out camp, but he's not exactly covered himself in glory with some of the stuff he has said lately.

I'm with you on this one Crabster!

Some of the stuff he's come out with recently serves no other purpose than stroking his ego.

I hope I'm wrong but it smacks of a 'sack me if you dare' attitude...

I'm with you on this one Crabster!

Some of the stuff he's come out with recently serves no other purpose than stroking his ego.

I hope I'm wrong but it smacks of a 'sack me if you dare' attitude...

I was thinking along the same lines.

I don't know the ins and outs of the contract. I'm assuming if he walks he gets nothing, but if he gets sacked he gets a payoff?

If he's just hanging on for the money, then he goes down in my estimation, not that he'd lose a wink of sleep about that im sure!

I'd be delighted if I was wrong. I love the guy for what he has been a part of.

What is being said / implied, nobody is coming out of this well on either side.

But its hurting the club, and that won't do. Nobody is bigger than the club.

If I were the board I’d not want to talk about next season - with a manager who is still under contract - until I see some evidence that he hasn’t completely given up and that his tactical nous has not totally deserted him.
You’re making so much sense. 👍

This is exactly what we want the manager of our club to be like. He’s putting it to the board for what CW thinks is best for the club. He’s not fighting for his own money he’s fighting for the best interests of the club.
It's just that as fans it causes panic that he will leave, and that irks many of our fans. I'd rather him do that in private, but maybe he was just being honest and doesn't know if he will be here next season which is obviously worrying.

How many times do we need to hear how much the opposition have spent?
I’d be keeping quiet about money with the amount we’ve blown personally.

Shall we bother to turn up then if that’s our attitude? No wonder we’re accepting defeat after defeat, the players must be constantly hearing they’re not good enough to compete.

Last season we weren’t bothered who we were up against and how much they’ve spent.

It's alright trying to deflect it onto the board, but last season we finished 9th playing brave, entertaining football.

Then we started playing shite, defensive football, spaffed tens of millions up the wall and got relegated.

You can't blame that on the Prince, he could've given more money, but Wilder talks about financial structure as much as anyone so he obviously cares about it as much as anyone.

If he's going to piss off as soon as we sell one player then he may as well go now, it's unrealistic to think we won't lose at least one player he wants to keep.

I don't want him to go obviously but I wish he'd take some responsibility for the shite he's overseen this season.

I was thinking along the same lines.

I don't know the ins and outs of the contract. I'm assuming if he walks he gets nothing, but if he gets sacked he gets a payoff?

If he's just hanging on for the money, then he goes down in my estimation, not that he'd lose a wink of sleep about that im sure!

I'd be delighted if I was wrong. I love the guy for what he has been a part of.

What is being said / implied, nobody is coming out of this well on either side.

But its hurting the club, and that won't do. Nobody is bigger than the club.

I'd stop short of accusing him as holding out for money - his pride would stop him of that.

However, I do think he's playing games here with a pretty shit hand! He's got nothing.

You can tell a lot about a person with how they react when the chips are down. This season I've been left underwhelmed by how he's reacted to the adversity.

It's alright trying to deflect it onto the board, but last season we finished 9th playing brave, entertaining football.

Then we started playing shite, defensive football, spaffed tens of millions up the wall and got relegated.

You can't blame that on the Prince, he could've given more money, but Wilder talks about financial structure as much as anyone so he obviously cares about it as much as anyone.

If he's going to piss off as soon as we sell one player then he may as well go now, it's unrealistic to think we won't lose at least one player he wants to keep.

I don't want him to go obviously but I wish he'd take some responsibility for the shite he's overseen this season.

I think he does in this presser say he is partly to blame with how the season has turned out.

Back
Top Bottom