Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is what I desperately wanted to avoid this is going to turn into a complete farce and an embarrassment. It feels like being sat in the corner of the room whilst your parents get into a blazing argument that all the street can hear.

Who will get custody of the kids though?

Who will get custody of the kids though?
For the purposes of the analogy the prince would be mum (pretty much nailed on to get custody unless they do something terrible) and wilder is our dad who we’re going to have to watch kicking a ball around the park with his step son when he’s shacked up with another woman.

Fair points there. We'd whinge and piss just as much if there was NO info.

The problem for me is that things invariably turn into a war zone with people and their intransigent positions, whether thats Wilder or Covid. It brings out the worst in people who, in all likelihood anyway, you'd happily have a pint with in the "real" world. But yet on here we're all cunts and wankers if we disagree.
I think you got it about right there, try Twitter if you want abuse, it's great fun 😅 😅

This is turning into a bit of a shitfest now. Jim Phipps and Wit sticking their oars in doesn't bode well.

To be fair they do it all the time regardless of how well we are doing on the pitch or not.

Lunny is out of contract at the end of the season so no fee there

I agree with the last bit as well as Brewster and Bryan
Yep, realised after I posted that that we won't get a fee for Lunny. If he can't find a Prem club he might still accept the terms we are offering. Personally I think he would be a decent asset in the Championship

Isn’t it funny when he did this in the championship he had the club at heart and basically forced the boards hand to support him which in turn got us in the premier league. Now he’s doing something similar and he’s a twat. We don’t have any idea what’s going off behind the scenes yet people including myself have planted our flag and what they think is the true story.

That’s because he was given peanuts in the championship. He’s spent shitloads in the prem and made us worse.

Yep, realised after I posted that that we won't get a fee for Lunny. If he can't find a Prem club he might still accept the terms we are offering. Personally I think he would be a decent asset in the Championship

If he were to stay then he would need to put in a lot graft to win the fans back.

This is what I desperately wanted to avoid this is going to turn into a complete farce and an embarrassment. It feels like being sat in the corner of the room whilst your parents get into a blazing argument that all the street can hear.
Yeah it’s getting like ‘ask your mum what’s for tea’
“She says bollocks, dickhead”

I can't see Chris getting upset about Berge being sold because last week's articles were all about him accepting that berge sees us as a stepping stone and if offers come in they'll have to be considered.

I have no idea if he did. But I do know the owner couldn't have been more emphatic in his public backing, despite the atrocity that is this season
That's all well and good, but a bit of actual backing in Jan might have given a chance of staying up this season.

I can't see Chris getting upset about Berge being sold because last week's articles were all about him accepting that berge sees us as a stepping stone and if offers come in they'll have to be considered.
And the general belief is that he’s got a release clause anyway so if the trigger fee is met, he goes and there’s nothing the club can do about that.

There was no chance of staying up. This is one of the worst post war top division teams the top division has had. A couple of loans wasn't fixing that
The gap was nine points after beating Newcastle. Still difficult, but 'No chance?'
Doing nothing sent the message that the board had given up. Imagine the effect that has on manager and players.
A few weeks later the same team won at Man U.
See the impact Lingard has had at West Ham to see what a loan can fix.

That's all well and good, but a bit of actual backing in Jan might have given a chance of staying up this season.

Devils advocate here, but was it because we already looked pretty screwed?

I understand it was 2 loans with one of those maybe becoming permanent? Maybe Prince looked at the cost, and decided it was best to mitigate the losses by not doing it? Not saying it's something I necessarily agree with, like I said, Devils Advocate.

I can sort of understand, it'd be a bit like me buying a nicer car in the hope it would help me pull a bird. All a bit late for that................

The gap was nine points after beating Newcastle. 'No chance?'
No chance. Scored less than 0.75 goals a game since Boxing Day 2019. Conceded 13 goals from set pieces. There is zero evidence this team, even with two (realistic) loans was getting anywhere near 30 points never mind 36+

CW is basically saying, don't sell our better players, if you do, I'm off.

And regarding Brewster, "we all signed him" basically means I'm not going to be the only one taking the blame for the underwhelming impact he's had.

And the general belief is that he’s got a release clause anyway so if the trigger fee is met, he goes and there’s nothing the club can do about that.
Bang on mate so the Berge issue can't be winding him up. Maybe we're already fielding enquiries for Jack and Egan?

The gap was nine points after beating Newcastle. Still difficult, but 'No chance?'
Doing nothing sent the message that the board had given up. Imagine the effect that has on manager and players.

If the figures I heard were anything like true, Lingard's loan fee and wages are pretty eye watering

Chris's mates and the Prince's mates who know stuff that isn't public knowledge should not be having this conversation in public. End of.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The amount of money to buy and maintain the club during a pandemic is a lot. I think our owner has invested a reasonable amount. Wages aside, we've spent more on fees than many teams in this league. We're playing catch-up, obviously, but I don't think think you can particularly accuse the owner of not spending

https://talksport.com/football/7694...0-summer-window-chelsea-everton-arsenal-news/

If you add that to Berge and last 2019 summer then it's reasonable. We know our owner isn't rich like the Villa owners and it seems timed that he has mentioned how much they have spent, but he knew how much he had to begin.

It's another conference when he keeps bringing up excuses, which I don't like.

If we went down, kept everyone (likely not feasible with Berge anyway) and bought a couple and came back up, where is the long-term plan there? We'd still have exactly the same issues as now but Billy, Didzy and Bash would be retired/gone and other players would be around 30 (Egan, Enda, George, Fleck, Norwood). We'd still be paying £20 million for championship players with potential or young PL players. We'd likely be back down rapidly and I think people forget just how difficult it is to get out of the Championship and how many sides of ours have fallen in the play-offs despite having a 'better teams'.

If he's not willing to change where we recruit players from then there's no long-term plan, imo. Something has to give.

Bang on mate so the Berge issue can't be winding him up. Maybe we're already fielding enquiries for Jack and Egan?
and Rammers now? (and who apparently doesn't want to go I read)

To me that's laying a gaunley go back on there word I walk if we have a fire sale I'll tell you we won't be back for years instead of doing this Prince invest and get a decent side . Or we should have upped the wages. I think relegation was a big fear . But the Prince first of all didn't grant the loans needed so let's see but I fear many players going.

Is wilder trying to get sacked? Has it all become too much for him?

If I had performed as badly as he had this year and started making thinly veiled threats and schnide remarks, I wouldn't be in a job for very long.

Estate agent

Chris Wilder will continue to show respect to the Premier League and other clubs by selecting (what he thinks to be) his best side to get a result.

If we are relegated (and I'm still putting a big IF there) then he may start drafting others in who will be playing a part next season.

The Prince has already come on record and said Wilder will be here next season. I expect that to be the case.

We now need to beat Villa and Southampton.
Prince also said he would be backed in January

Haha. Fuck me. We would've needed top 4 form from then onwards to stay up. Absolutely crackers to suggest that.

We were down by the beginning of December in all but name.

Back
Top Bottom