Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s a double edged sword do we gamble and go for it with regards wages or do we stick with the plan hope to unearth some gems from the championship who hit the ground running. I don’t think we have much choice without major investment, this is exactly why we get behind and stick with the manager.
There is absolutely no other manager at this moment who could do a better job. If he goes the whole structure of the club will change we will go with a foreign manager and DOF. This make work in the premier league with a few quid behind us does it work in the championship? Big decisions for the board to make and if it goes wrong they have a fan base that will turn on them incredibly quickly given the majority of feeling behind wilder.

We only have the Wilder side of the story. He's the one airing the dirty linen in public, not the owner (who has backed him every step of the way).

It's childish, selfish and self serving

Can't help but think similar if how I read it is accurate.

I'm not in the Wilder out camp, but he's not exactly covered himself in glory with some of the stuff he has said lately.

I'm not in the Wilder out camp, but he's not exactly covered himself in glory with some of the stuff he has said lately.
Isn’t it funny when he did this in the championship he had the club at heart and basically forced the boards hand to support him which in turn got us in the premier league. Now he’s doing something similar and he’s a twat. We don’t have any idea what’s going off behind the scenes yet people including myself have planted our flag and what they think is the true story.

Reading between the lines here, Wilder is saying to the board... if we sell the whole lot when we're relegated i walk, so let's talk about the future now.

It's actually quite reassuring... or terrifying... i'm not actually sure... it all depends on what actually happens.
Reading between the lines I think he is saying something different and the board won't be happy with his comments.

Is wilder trying to get sacked? Has it all become too much for him?

If I had performed as badly as he had this year and started making thinly veiled threats and schnide remarks, I wouldn't be in a job for very long.

Isn’t it funny when he did this in the championship he had the club at heart and basically forced the boards hand to support him which in turn got us in the premier league. Now he’s doing something similar and he’s a twat. We don’t have any idea what’s going off behind the scenes yet people including myself have planted our flag and what they think is the true story.
He's put together an extremely unbalanced squad using the most investment the club has ever seen (by a huge margin). And his response is this? Not quite the same as the Championship stuff really

Chris Wilder will continue to show respect to the Premier League and other clubs by selecting (what he thinks to be) his best side to get a result.

If we are relegated (and I'm still putting a big IF there) then he may start drafting others in who will be playing a part next season.

The Prince has already come on record and said Wilder will be here next season. I expect that to be the case.

We now need to beat Villa and Southampton.

No one has said he is a twat. Wilder has a contract to manage the team. He could have replied to the question saying exactly this instead of what looks like a veiled dig at people in charge of the club

It's only opinions when all is said and done. What he has said is open to interpretation.

If there is any truth in what he has said, then yes absolutely the board have something to answer for as well. There should be strategies in place so that the minute this season ends, the plans start and we hit the ground running.

I'm planting no flag, nor calling him a twat. He has built up plenty of credit and goodwill with what he has been a part of up to now. But it's because of that credit that I believe that any other manager would have been sacked (IMHO).

We don't know the "true story" to be fair, so people are, rightly or wrongly, going to comment on what they do hear, that is what a message board is for.

All that ultimately matters to me is our club. Chairmen, players, managers come and go. And it will be a sad day when Wilder does leave. We will talk about the Wilder era just as we talk of the Bassett and Warnock eras.

If he does stay, next season is pivotal, and will be looked back on as the real season where Wilder either succeeded or ultimately failed.

Time will tell................

No one has said he is a twat. Wilder has a contract to manage the team. He could have replied to the question saying exactly this instead of what looks like a veiled dig at people in charge of the club
That’s who we employed if we wanted a yes man then obviously Chris Wilder isn’t for us. It’s served him well while he has been here he always promised he would be honest with the fan base. Have a look over the other side of the city they are clamouring for people to be honest.
If something isn’t right why shouldn’t he voice his opinion the Prince came out last week to say why he didn’t back him in January which was a mistake I may add.

This is exactly what we want the manager of our club to be like. He’s putting it to the board for what CW thinks is best for the club. He’s not fighting for his own money he’s fighting for the best interests of the club.

THIS board have given him 130m in transfer fees, a brand spanking new deal which makes him the best paid person at the club, unwavering faith and public support despite the fact we are the worst PL side in history, and he's pulling these tricks to deflect from himself. It's fucking wank. Prince would be well within his rights to turn around and tell him to fuck off

If I were the board I’d not want to talk about next season - with a manager who is still under contract - until I see some evidence that he hasn’t completely given up and that his tactical nous has not totally deserted him.

That’s who we employed if we wanted a yes man then obviously Chris Wilder isn’t for us. It’s served him well while he has been here he always promised he would be honest with the fan base. Have a look over the other side of the city they are clamouring for people to be honest.
If something isn’t right why shouldn’t he voice his opinion the Prince came out last week to say why he didn’t back him in January which was a mistake I may add.
He's not being honest or voicing his opinion though, he's taking in code and riddles and leaving us to join the dots.

This isn't his Northampton plea interview, this is a bit messy.

Wilder hasnt said what the issue is thou. He hasnt said why he wasnt given funds in January (and he will know) or what part of the decision making of the club he is not involved in( again he will know). Wilder has implied something is wrong but not clarified. Is that being honest. Say what is wrong or say nothing.

The Prince has publicly said he wants him to stay. What is the reason he would change his mind ?

Wilder has said he wants to stay. What has changed for him to make this comment ? Why cant he tell us in detail if he is being honest

Those comments from Wilder would make sense if we were sitting in, say, Brighton's position. However, our record this season in the league is...

Played 26
Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 21 [TWENTY-ONE games]
Scored 15 (0.57 goals/game)
Conceded 43 (1.66 goals/game)

Since Project Restart, we've now played almost a full season's worth of games - if this was a season we'd have 28 points with two games to go. That's rock bottom no matter which way you look at it, unless Norwich 19/20 are in your division.

Played 36
Won 6
Drawn 4
Lost 27
Scored 24
Conceded 57

Don't get me wrong, Wilder should still have credit in the bank but if he thinks he's immune from criticism by his employers then he's deluded. Maybe they haven't had a full strategic meeting because he's refusing to take part in the post-mortem on the last 12 months?

This is exactly what we want the manager of our club to be like. He’s putting it to the board for what CW thinks is best for the club. He’s not fighting for his own money he’s fighting for the best interests of the club.
Ok. What if the board believes that the best interests of the club is what they think and not Wilder. ? The board has the final say as with any company. If Wilder doesnt like it, and cant work with the decision, he will walk. If he walks it doesnt necessarily mean the board is wrong in their decision about the best interests of the club

Did I say I think it does?
I was responding to the part of the post I quoted - the owner spoke in public, and has he backed him every step of the way by going back on his word to fund signings in January?
Fair. If the owner gave Wilder an iron clad promise and said tell the world we are after two loans, but then went back on it I'd say he has a gripe.

I have no idea if he did. But I do know the owner couldn't have been more emphatic in his public backing, despite the atrocity that is this season

I have to say my main concern is that we keep our better players and strive for an immediate return to the PL rather than selling what quality we have and drifting along in McCabe-esque obscurity.

I’m undecided on Wilder. If it’s the up and at ‘em, we fear nobody Wilder of 12 months ago then great. If it’s the ultra cautious, we can’t expect to go toe to toe, no plan B Wilder of the last 12 months then I think we need a change.

Surely it's a balance between giving "information" to the fanbase (something to talk about and discuss on forums!)
and saying nothing and pissing the fanbase off for lack of interaction from the club - I think it's a fine line, but i'm not a fan of public criticism of the hierarchy or anybody else where it gets personal. - with that last point - I shouldn't really be on here should i :D 😅

I lost a lot of faith in this board in January, when they pulled the plug on any transfers.

Folk on here kept telling me that it was good business sense as we were already down anyway, but I maintain that it was an abject surrender, compared to what other clubs in the mire were prepared to do. That's the signal it sent to me anyway.

If this malaise has seeped into their planning for next season, they might find that the initial good will that the HRH built up will evaporate very quickly. You own something, you look after it, or watch it deteriorate.

Furthermore, if next season gets off to a bad start as a consequence (regardless of who the manager is) then the opinion from the stands might be telling, assuming any fucker is allowed in there of course.

Surely it's a balance between giving "information" to the fanbase (something to talk about and discuss on forums!)
and saying nothing and pissing the fanbase off for lack of interaction from the club - I think it's a fine line, but i'm not a fan of public criticism of the hierarchy or anybody else where it gets personal. - with that last point - I shouldn't really be on here should i :D 😅

Fair points there. We'd whinge and piss just as much if there was NO info.

The problem for me is that things invariably turn into a war zone with people and their intransigent positions, whether thats Wilder or Covid. It brings out the worst in people who, in all likelihood anyway, you'd happily have a pint with in the "real" world. But yet on here we're all cunts and wankers if we disagree.

Back
Top Bottom