Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why would the board want to rack off the club's most important asset of the past few years/modern history? Work with the man, build a vision together.
I couldn’t agree more.
However, it is a two way street.
CW seems to be coming across, certainly in a lot of the reporting we read, as though he has a sense of entitlement.
Not sure, after 7 to 8 months of this season, where that is coming from.
It maybe that so much of the reporting is mediocre, skued to make it sound more dramatic or as with the Star simply banal, repetitious and not worth reading.
However, he is the manager - an employee - and it is the club that matters.
I have been a supporter all my life and no matter how long I last for, I always will be.
I support the club. Not one person.
Unfortunately, unless you are the owner no one person will ever be in the position to dictate as to how things must go.
If that is what is now happening then, for whatever reason, you are deliberately setting yourself up for a fall.

Can we please dispell the myth that Chris saying we can't compete on wages is somehow insinuating the Prince or the board is to blame?

It isn't. It's insinuating we can't compete on wages. Simple. It's not the prince's fault he isn't a billionaire, nor is it the boards fault the club doesn't have the commercial clout of Manchester United to fund a large wage budget. It is nobodies fault that the club hasn't been able to keep up with the rapid rise of the first team's accomplishments under Chris Wilder. It will take time at the top level to grow the income streams in order to push on without outside investment.

Chris isn't stupid. He knows this. It's not a blame game, it's merely the reason we cannot compete on wages
I think that's largely true of the summer but this January it seems to me from Wilder's comments, particularly the one about how "if you set out to finish 17th, then it can go wrong" or words to that effect in terms of where the club is hoping for re budgets, that Wilder feels the board haven't backed him this January and somewhat put the white flag up as a result. It's obvious from his demeanour and comments on "I don't want to talk about transfers" that he hasn't been backed in his opinion.

I can understand his frustration too, maybe we could have gone and got someone decent on loan, we'll not now until Wilder writes a book!

Back door?

We've had ours well and truly smashed in this year. The PL has had one big bukkake party and we're the poor sods in the middle...

We're getting spit-roasted and rim-jobbed to fuck, then Big Dave is gonna come and give me a reacharou......sorry, I lost my train of thought there.
But yeah, it's been a tough season.

I do not think it is just January funding that annoys him, if he is honest I think he would admit it would possibly have been too little too late.
I think he was expecting to be backed in the summer window to see us sign the likes of Watkins and Cash and really establish us in the top flight and subsequently sees it as an opportunity missed

I haven't read this all so apologies if this has already been posted, CW is hurting, he has won the manager of the year in 2019 and was runner up last year. His credentials are being questioned by neutrals, oppo managers, press and even our own fan base. He obviously hasn't been able to bring in cover/new bodies in January and the summer signings he has made haven't been fantastic, YET.

He is being cornered and he is striking out, I would be the same and I just hope the board don't have a fire sale in the summer.

I actually cannot stand the thought of seeing Berge in a Villa shirt or JOC warming the bench at Spurs.

I think that's largely true of the summer but this January it seems to me from Wilder's comments, particularly the one about how "if you set out to finish 17th, then it can go wrong" or words to that effect in terms of where the club is hoping for re budgets, that Wilder feels the board haven't backed him this January and somewhat put the white flag up as a result. It's obvious from his demeanour and comments on "I don't want to talk about transfers" that he hasn't been backed in his opinion.

I can understand his frustration too, maybe we could have gone and got someone decent on loan, we'll not now until Wilder writes a book!

The Prince went on talk sport saying he would back him then suddenly revoked this to be that's a major red flag Wba and Fulham brought in players something isn't right behind the scenes look at wilders interviews it's like the players work hard but there championship players so why hasn't the vision changed this season we needed 3 players 4 max not 10 quality not quantity

Got to be honest and say if he wants to go then go. I don’t want him to for the record but I am getting a little fed up with the woe is me. Take some responsibility Chris please. Your big signings not just this year but last have simply not worked out. If we research the player characteristics like you tell us then how did we end up with Moose and McBurnie? We have lost 21 out of 26 games yet play the same system week in , week out with a lucky dip pick on which 2 people to play up front. Stevens has been woeful all year but still gets a game. etc etc. We are all feeling it Chris we are, but unlike yourself I don’t think many of us had had increased wage deals every year for the last 4. We say we can’t compete on wages or is it we want a bloated squad of poor quality all on decent wages? Either come out with the whole truth Chris and tell us what the grand plan was / is, then we can all decide, or stop acting like a spoilt brat who doesn’t get what they want. I’m pretty sure the plan has changed as we sit bottom of the league with players you bought Chris massively underperforming. Your the manager so sort it like every manager of people on this site has to every day or walk out. Whatever you do don’t publicly start asking for someone to come and get you. Enough is enough of a crap enough season.

I don't like how wilder says you must take criticism on the chin, then goes on to absolutely slate pundits for questioning him and playstation managers and anyone else who criticised him. Keane is a horrible bloke but I didn't think his comments were completely unreasonable.

Says "we all" signed Brewster?????? Is this deflecting or what. Yes as fans we were excited about signing him but it is not up to us to balance the squad is it? If we knew it was Brewster at the cost of any decent back up players for key defensive and midfield positions I'm not sure we all would have wanted him and I'm sure at the time people were saying it's potentially a risky signing.

I also hate how he insinuates our players and squad are shite, while saying how amazing Newcastle's bench is. WTF. Surely he knows these comments are really damaging to everyone involved with the club. No wonder players confidence is absolutely shot

After this season and how patient and understanding us fans have been, we don't need or want this negativity and shit stirring. Hope for everyone's sake we can regain some unity as a club over the next few months because it hasn't felt this fractious in years.

I understand Wilder is hurting, I'd be surprised if he's had a decent night's kip in the last year but come on mate you are our leader and we need some unity and hope right now.

The Prince went on talk sport saying he would back him then suddenly revoked this to be that's a major red flag Wba and Fulham brought in players something isn't right behind the scenes look at wilders interviews it's like the players work hard but there championship players so why hasn't the vision changed this season we needed 3 players 4 max not 10 quality not quantity

It would have been a big mistake to make any signings in the January window as it was obvious on New Year's Day that we would be relegated. What was the point of bringing in players on 2-3 year contracts? More to the point, who would have possibly wanted to come except chancers trying to maximise their own earnings?

Loans were a possibility, but why waste that money too if a large fee was needed?

The mistakes were made in the summer in squad planning, and on the training ground thereafter.

And we keep going round in circles. It’s lazy to say “he’s no good with money”. Name me a manager who signs a player that is a success every time? There isn’t one single manager. The problem we have is if a player doesn’t hit the ground running we can’t just go and spend another 30/40m.
I presume you have seen some of the players we were in for, would the likes of Maupay, Cash, Watkins, Eze, be seen as being bad with money? We cannot afford the wages of even the very best championship players it’s always one step down. That isn’t a dig at the owners it’s fact, this makes the signings we do make even more risky. Some of our fans still think we are playing in 1996, 100m in the premier league to build a squad virtually from scratch to try and compete is chicken feed.
1614769818653.png1614769818653.png
£7.20

I’m a Wilder fan but I think you see someone’s true colours during the times of adversity not during the good times.

Instead of rolling his sleeves up and giving it a right go, he’s capitulated and used every opportunity to absolve himself of any responsibility.

Both his team selections and substitutions, given our situation and league position are sometimes baffling and look more like sabotage than survival?

How dare he say the boards chosen model is to gamble on finishing 17th? Last season we were ninth and the board have funded £130m of transfers. Does that suggest to anyone with an ounce of common sense, that they lack ambition? He brushes over the fact that having been entrusted with the biggest transfer spend in the clubs history, he has somehow managed to make the team worse? To even suggest that the board are in any way culpable for the current dilemma shows an unpleasant arrogance, a huge lack of both self awareness and personal responsibility.

We are now cast adrift, with no hope of survival and if we are to rescue anything from this horrendous experience, it is surely a bit of pride and passion to carry forward into next season? Wilder has clearly given up, he is a broken man and I think our lacklustre performances reflect that.
What I would like, is for him to acknowledge his responsibility, accept that mistakes have been made, but lessons have been learnt and vow to come back stronger for the experience next season.
What I’m seeing is a mardy, petulant, spoilt kid who, having been on every ride in the funfair is having a tantrum because he couldn’t have an ice cream on the way home.
For someone with that type of mindset, the easiest way out and best personal outcome, is to bring about his own dismissal. Based on the way he sends the team out and his public criticism of the board, I honestly believe that is his end game.

I expect the board are astute enough to know that too and seem equally determined not to hand him a huge payoff. They publicly back him, but I suspect they would accept his resignation letter before he’d got it out of his pocket.
It’s a sorry state of affairs and leaves the club in limbo, particularly the supporters.

I hope that something can be sorted out this summer and we get the positive, enthusiastic and passionate Chris Wilder back that we all know and love with perhaps an added slice of humility, to lead another successful Championship assault.

Who said it was revoked? Maybe the pkayers Wilder wanted we couldn't afford or the players wouldnt join a relegation struggle with a poor team

Who said it was revoked? Maybe the pkayers Wilder wanted we couldn't afford or the players wouldnt join a relegation struggle with a poor team
The Prince himself told talk sport that he changed his mind

Just watched the mind of the manager video with wilder.........some needs to give uniteds social media guys a pay rise it’s a good bit of PR at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom