Neutral Fans Views On The Blades Win Against Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

There's still no consistency. Some says we're an ugly side, some say we play good football.

Why not both I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice one Roy.

Expected a few of those negative ones given the way yesterday played out.

Liverpool fans seem to be impressed as did Man U. Nice to see that the atmosphere got a mention too. Can’t wait for that Liverpool game. The Lane will be rocking

“Sheff Utd fans are completely delusional if they think their attacking play is as good as ours

I cant recall a single conversation where fellow Blades have been comparing our attacking play to Norwich. It's as if we are all sat watching MOTD thinking 'as I suspected, we are as good as them up front.'

Are norwich another of these teams that are desperate to start a rivalry with us because they have no local ones (and Ipswich is not a rivalry, 45 miles between them is not local) and we just don't give a fuck about them

If we do stay up and start adding quality to the side, I really hope we don't get like those Norwich fans. I mean, yes, they did well at Newcastle and Pukki is a great player, but. fuck me, anyone would think they are Barcelona the way some of them carry on.
Less than 2 years ago they gave the most rancid performance in living memory at the Lane...short memories

My over riding feeling is there is a lot more to come from us
Can't fault the effort and commitment and in phases of the game the football was good but we have obviously best our stall out not to conceed chances and the rest will come

Palace had 4 Men on each side of their box to stop us overloading and closed us down quick
We found a way of creating chances but I think the players looked a bit nervy and started to find their feet second half ( of both games ) I think we will be fine if the least we get from the lads is that workrste bit I think anyone who doesn't think we play good attacking play has already made their mind up

There's still no consistency. Some says we're an ugly side, some say we play good football.

Why not both I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can't be surprised if people don't think we play beautiful flowing football from those first two games. The Bournemouth game we were nervous and too cautious. Yesterday we decided it was game over with what turned out to be 37 minutes on the clock and personally I'm still amazed that it turned out we really could just sit back and watch the time run out.

We've played some very nice football so far but it's been in bursts. And even though it was exciting as hell as a fan that certainly wasn't an exciting finish to the game for a neutral. I think we thought "Oh, we'll sit deep and counter-attack" but how do you counter-attack if Palace never attack?

Was that comment from the Man City fan about empty seats meant to be tongue in cheek?!?!?
Dw5jmjRW0AEjYHU

Man City fans used to be alright, but I guess these twats are a result of playing fantasy football manager for the past decade.

Does make you laugh because it was not too long ago Man City were playing lower league football including league 1 . Only the rich owners helped put them where they are today . Short memories entitlement and all that !

it was an important psychological barrier for us to get points on the board and a win. now we have done that we will grow into the Premiership.. we weren't in our scintillating best on sunday but who cares??here's a scenario for you all to ponder. if forbid Pukki gets injured. what are Norwich going to do??

Have Totteringham forgot about the time we nearly did them in in the Cup?

Are norwich another of these teams that are desperate to start a rivalry with us because they have no local ones (and Ipswich is not a rivalry, 45 miles between them is not local) and we just don't give a fuck about them
No, I think that, like us, they’re looking for three teams that are worse than them. Supporters tend to see what they want to see, they watched their side destroy an established PL team, whereas we saw a team that couldn’t defend being badly managed by a bloke who looks like an overweight lesbian, who happened to lose this week to some farmers playing in yellow.

I do blame a combination of sky and our ticket office for it not being a complete sell out. Loved seeing it 95% full though, our atmosphere makes such a difference.

Back
Top Bottom