Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Please do us all a favour and fuck off I don't give a toss which crook is next on the scene who you try and sell us to....just do it cos this is embarrassing you utter waste of space.
He really is the root of this embarrassment and yet people on here are still slagging off limited players and hamstrung managers.
this fucker won’t put money in to compete in the toughest league in the world and won’t sell at a sensible price.

He really is the root of this embarrassment and yet people on here are still slagging off limited players and hamstrung managers.
this fucker won’t put money in to compete in the toughest league in the world and won’t sell at a sensible price.
I think you've misspelt can't. 'Can't put money in......' and 'can't sell at a sensible price.'

The Prince sold us all down the river pre-season. A player that cost nothing and gave us a fighting chance was sold for next to nothing. I’m not going to boo players or managers. They have been dealt a shocking hand. Bettis doesn’t turn up anymore. The Board has turned this club into an embarrassment. The best thing fans can do is withhold season ticket money.

The Prince sold us all down the river pre-season. A player that cost nothing and gave us a fighting chance was sold for next to nothing. I’m not going to boo players or managers. They have been dealt a shocking hand. Bettis doesn’t turn up anymore. The Board has turned this club into an embarrassment. The best thing fans can do is withhold season ticket money.
Mmmm that will help how?

The owner is the problem, it amazes me more people can’t see it. The way the club is run right now is appalling for a so called premier league team. Both Chris and Hecky managing with one arm tied behind their back.
Sooner he sells us the better.

Partly agree. He's not a United fan, doesn't give a fuck about the city, the fans, the club. He wanted to make a few quid and it's backfired. He's got no attachment to the club at all.
Don't forget he's ploughed a fortune in for transfers and trusted a manager with hundreds of millions which was completely wasted. In the same situation, I'd be reluctant to do it again and try and recover as much as possible if someone was willing to buy the club.

Slept off some of the disappointment, so I am starting to conjure a whiff of optimism.

Chatting amongst fans before & during the game yesterday coupled with the posts on here, the majority of fans are realising that PA cannot financially sustain a Championship club, let alone a PL one.
Aside from the social media channels (who he graces with his presence in exchange for an unchallenged appearance to voice his 'strategic thinking'), the tension is beginning to get directed his way.

So while there are no positives with regards to the footballing matters this season, at least as a fanbase we can see that between Heck & Wilder they've had to contend with the symptoms of an owner that has a limited ceiling & an ambivalent attitude towards the footballing matters at our club. I'd go as far to say that the success of the CW/AK & PH/SMc/JL tenures has been in spite of our ownership, not because of it. Credit also should go to the academy staff.

So the slight optimism I'm clutching to is that, as a fanbase, we're now questioning the root cause of our routine humiliation this season, and sooner or later we'll be wanting satisfactory answers/actions...

Last edited:
The Prince has made some good decisions , invested where he can, also some bad decisions. Communication not great but at least we had some unlike biggest blade. The fact he ain't got money to burn goes back to one man who brought him in , yes- Kevin Mcabe ....

Until he sells up or has some sort of u-turn and properly invests in the club (unlikely as he doesn’t have the money), we’ll continually tread water, at best.

We’ve not progressed off the pitch, whatsoever, in 5 years.

The Prince has made some good decisions , invested where he can, also some bad decisions. Communication not great but at least we had some unlike biggest blade. The fact he ain't got money to burn goes back to one man who brought him in , yes- Kevin Mcabe ....

I'm not going to say PA is a terrible owner, because there's been promotions during his ownership, but recently I've been pondering how much of that success do we attribute to the club staff during the Wilder & Heck regimes (including Recruitment & Academy)?

I'm beginning to think we owe everything to them. They squeezed maximum potential out of the constraints they've had to work within, which wasn't easy (ref: Slav). Naturally there's been mistakes as with any club that's bounced between PL & Championship in recent years, the difference is the owners of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth et al have had the necessary financial clout to cover them.

That's not to say I am angry at PA for failing to be a blank cheque chairman. However I am annoyed that in May '23 he publicly declared that he wanted to sell, just two months later he publicly said he wanted to stay on?!?
It just shows how little consideration he has for the strategic, long term vision of the club. When he does stick his nose into the running of the club; he makes utterly ludicrous, incompetent claims that he purposely doesn't negotiate contracts early as it motivates the players.

If you're reading this Princey - It's fine that you're not a billionaire or particularly bothered about running a football club anymore, but do the right thing by the fans & staff of the club and set a realistic valuation to someone who does care enough to take a run at it.

Last edited:
The owner is the problem, it amazes me more people can’t see it. The way the club is run right now is appalling for a so called premier league team. Both Chris and Hecky managing with one arm tied behind their back.
Sooner he sells us the better.
The owner / owners are always ultimately responsible. Like in business the stewardship sets the tone . He’s not arsed and never has been. If I’d sunk millions into something I’d be all over it . It was a vanity project . We are left with Bettis who to me seems like a bloke who is an arse licker who won’t look anyone in the eye. Anonymous the lot of them . Just the manager to take the flak . At least McCabe turned up and you could have a moan with him in the hotel after . He didn’t hide despite all the shit he got from our fans .

The owner didn't pick one in midfield against one of the most technical sides in the PL.

The owner didn't spend our Summer budget on Slimane, Traore, Larouchi, Trusty and Archer.

The owner didn't offer new contracts to Fleck, Basham, Osborn.

If he's guilty of anything, it's consistently picking the wrong person to manage the club and not putting an infrastructure in place that replicates most other top flight sides.

But as usual, much easier to blame the guy from Saudi as opposed to the one from Fulwood...

I'm not going to say PA is a terrible owner, because there's been promotions during his ownership, but recently I've been pondering how much of that success do we attribute to the club staff during the Wilder & Heck regimes (including Recruitment & Academy)?

I'm beginning to think we owe everything to them. They squeezed maximum potential out of the constraints they've had to work within, which wasn't easy (ref: Slav). Naturally there's been mistakes as with any club that's bounced between PL & Championship in recent years, the difference is the owners of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth et al have had the necessary financial clout to cover them.

That's not to say I am angry at PA for failing to be a blank cheque chairman. However I am annoyed that in May '23 he publicly declared that he wanted to sell, just two months later he publicly said he wanted to stay on?!?
It just shows how little consideration he has for the strategic, long term vision of the club. When he does stick his nose into the running of the club; he makes utterly ludicrous, incompetent claims that he purposely doesn't negotiate contracts early as it motivates the players.

If you're reading this Princey - It's fine that you're not a billionaire or particularly bothered about running a football club anymore, but do the right thing by the fans & staff of the club and set a realistic valuation to someone who does care enough to take a run at it.
Spot on

The worst for me is the self inflicted downtime he had after appointing Hecky .

We can live with him not having the money but to not create an infrastructure that could recruit better talent and upgrade the off field facilities has given us little chance to compete .

Even if our vision is to develop and sell the recruitment capability has been woeful

Excellent post well said

I keep hearing that he’s asking he wants too much money for the club, but where is there any evidence that this is the case? Does anyone actually know how much he wants?

We’ve only been linked with takeover bids from Mauriss and Dozy. So I’m starting to think that no credible billionaire wants to own us, even if the Prince gave them the club for nothing!

Back
Top Bottom