The Club is a laughing stock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

None of it makes sense. If the prince is trying to sell a Premier league club for an inflated amount, why would a buyer invest in an asset stripped club destined for the championship? Any money received for players will be more than offset by a lower club selling price.

A huge chunk of our squad are out of contract in 12 months time so the value of the club plummets as does the likelihood anyone wants to buy us at his asking price. It's all very well having parachute money but it doesn't mean much if most of it would have to go on an expensive post-relegation rebuild. The argument goes that the prince wants to try to bring in some new young players who are cheap, stick them on decent length contracts and hope their youth and "potential" will add that value back into the club and justify his price tag. Unfortunately he either doesn't want to or can't actually afford to fund this himself so has decided to sell what's left of the family silver to fund it. The idea (again, presumably) is that more long term value can be added with a handful of cheapish young players that may go on to be decent than 2 currently good players at the tail end of their contracts.

It's not the worst plan on paper but is let down by the fact that we appear to be utterly inept in the transfer market. Be it selling cheaply before we have replacements, showing our hand to competitors at every given opportunity, seeming desperate when we don't need to, playing hardball needlessly or when we aren't in a position to and to top it off having an irritating accountant attempting pseudo-PR and blabbing about it all to anyone that so much as brushes past him.

For me, It’s not even the fact Sander is leaving…It’s just the Burnley thing for me. Why would we even entertain selling him to a potential rival now. It’s like Kevin McDonald all over again, when Wolves sabotaged our season before it started…Burnley are doing the same thing.
Forest won't sell O'brien to us because we are relegation rivals and they don't even want him.
We sell our best player to the club that's just come up with us.
Couldn't make it up

Palace - Zaha
West Ham - rice
Liverpool- Henderson & Fabinho
Wolves - Jimenez & neves
Man City - Gundolan & Mahrez

If, and it’s a big if, we don’t replace ndaiye snd Berge then it’s a shit show, but let’s see how this ends before we start pissin the bed eh??
My point is that all them teams have better players than us currently. Even with an average team we could beat the odds but how deflating must it be for the squad and management that our best players are being flogged. The board are not taking into account these new players will take time to settle/get used to the tactics. We’ve pissed about let Berge and Ndiaye be apart of pre-season then pulled the rug and now we have got to go forward without them.

Agree.

That’s why when the transfer window ends we are likely to have a better squad than last season.

As we’ve currently lost our 3 best players (N’Diaye, McAtee and Berge) then using simple logic…..this means we have several exciting players due to arrive.

That’s the plan….so let’s see if this happens.
You certainly have more faith in the club than I, young Jedi!

My point is that all them teams have better players than us currently. Even with an average team we could beat the odds but how deflating must it be for the squad and management that our best players are being flogged. The board are not taking into account these new players will take time to settle/get used to the tactics. We’ve pissed about let Berge and Ndiaye be apart of pre-season then pulled the rug and now we have got to go forward without them.
Even though we half expected this, It’s just like this fucking club to do it in such a despicable manner. Really thought we’d be talking about incomings today, but this news…Berge to fucking Burnley!!! of all clubs, is a real kick in the guts.

For all the PA defenders on here we are not attacking the league. We are not assembling a squad. What we are seeing is the best bits of a squad being ripped away just before the start of a season. Harping back to Brewster and Berge signing, 4 years ago or whenever it was is not how the last 3 years have panned out (3 perm signings in 3 years one of which was the reserve goalie for free, or something like that). And certainly not likely given what has gone on at the other clubs in the UW group.

It takes us weeks to even get near a transfer. We have no prem quality or even top quality championship midfield under contract. Squad building wise the Prince has run us like a laughing stock for the last 3 years and this last week has been him doubling down on it. No team ever has prospered from selling its best players, we won't and he is an idiot with S6 levels of deludamol if he thinks this can work.

We are being asset stripped.

PA needs to lower his asking price massively and leave the club as quickly as he can.

Its Beershot mark2

of course they have, they are established EPL sides

But it’s all relative
Loputegi may walk as he can’t get his way
Moyes may get sacked as he’s kicking off
Palace have Chelsea sniffing round olise

Course it’s disappointing we’ve lost 2 of our best players, but you’ve got to trust the system, even tho right now it doesn’t look good

In recent years our recruitment team have brought us lads most of us hadn’t heard of
Henderson, MGW, Anel, Doyle, McAtee

Time for 2 or 3 rabbits from the hat now

In my opinion Sander Berge plays one good game in 5 and always has, strong running forward with ball to his right foot but
with the turning circle of an oil tanker and occasionally he turns in a match winning performance.
With the money for Ilyman and Berge pushing say £40m, the management can buy in 5 or 6 young dynamic players and have a decent
budget to get players tied down to 3+ years, better than Berge, never better than Ilyman but that is water under bridge and go for
players we wouldnt otherwise have a chance to buy or loan as decent wages can be paid.

Hecky may have been forced into a corner but I bet there are a few surprises yet and building a new midfield plus a couple of forwards
may be better than Sander playing well once a month.
Totally agree with your comments but the question is will we, now thats another question.

Laugh all you like you must enjoy our best players being blackmailed and forced out of our club then.

Sums up the mentality of some of our so called supporters, happy to see our club run into the ground.
Let's see what happens eh. Too many 'so called supporters' only crawl out of the woodwork when things aren't going to plan. The rest of us are in for the long haul no matter what.

Last edited:
The OP is correct though. The club has been and still is being run in a negligent manner, to put it mildly. Neglecting to renew player contracts and allowing them to run down to within a year of expiry, not paying bills to suppliers of the club, and not paying clubs for players we have bought is a disgrace. The prince is demanding £150m for the club which is way, way inflated seeing as we are loaned up to the eyeballs against future parachute payments. As for Berge and Ndiaye, weren’t we set to sell them to Fulham and Everton respectively until the dodgy Nigerian prospective buyer put around £10m into the club in order to keep them both until the end of the (ultimately) promotion season?

What do people want the club to do? Berge won’t sign a new contract, so he walks for free at the end of this year.

Even with the rosiest of rose tinted spectacles Sander Berge is not going to be the difference between success and failure for us this season.

Consequently, it makes sense to sell him while he has some value and we can use his fee to strengthen for the future, with players who want to play for the club. Berge isn’t in the same class as Ndiaye, he’s not good enough to hold the club to ransom and he certainly isn’t irreplaceable.

I think that assessment is supported by the list of Champions League and top six clubs fighting it out to secure his signature 😉

Prince Abdullah please do us all a favour and get out of our club and get out of our club now.

Our promotion should have been a joyous occasion and something to look forward too but instead we have become not only the laughing stock of the Premier League we have become the laughing stock of English football as a whole.

Selling Sander to a Premier league relegation rival is the most criminal transfer I can ever recall and the timing of it is a complete and utter insult to every single fan that has forked out for a season ticket.

Now we can all understand Ndiaye going but the timing yet again was what has caused uproar.

But this with Sander Berge is inexcusable and to Burnley 😂

This is literally the straw that broke the camels back the club is completely done under Prince Abdullah and this current board.

The Prince says judge him on his actions not his words and he has now proven to be a complete and utter con artist that has completely pulled the wool over the fan bases eyes.

PRINCE ABDULLAH AND THE BOARD OUT NOW!!!

All that and couldn’t get a joke out of the camel reference.

1/10

of course they have, they are established EPL sides

But it’s all relative
Loputegi may walk as he can’t get his way
Moyes may get sacked as he’s kicking off
Palace have Chelsea sniffing round olise

Course it’s disappointing we’ve lost 2 of our best players, but you’ve got to trust the system, even tho right now it doesn’t look good

In recent years our recruitment team have brought us lads most of us hadn’t heard of
Henderson, MGW, Anel, Doyle, McAtee

Time for 2 or 3 rabbits from the hat now
I agree recruitment has been decent but you only have to look at the last time we were in the prem. C.Robinson, Freeman, Brewster, Retsos, Zivkovic, Verrips etc. Although I will concede some of them were wilders signings. I have no gripe with the recruitment, even this window I think the signings have potential. Just pissed off that were tearing apart the team that got us promoted. We’ve sold the best player we’ve ever had in my years of supporting the club, released our captain (I understand why) and are in the process of selling one of our record signings to a rival.

Palace - Zaha
West Ham - rice
Liverpool- Henderson & Fabinho
Wolves - Jimenez & neves
Man City - Gundolan & Mahrez

If, and it’s a big if, we don’t replace ndaiye snd Berge then it’s a shit show, but let’s see how this ends before we start pissin the bed eh??
But being nervous about teh plight of teh club is not pissing the bed! We all know in our heart of hearts we are going to be underwhelmed!!!

What do people want the club to do? Berge won’t sign a new contract, so he walks for free at the end of this year.

Even with the rosiest of rose tinted spectacles Sander Berge is not going to be the difference between success and failure for us this season.

Consequently, it makes sense to sell him while he has some value and we can use his fee to strengthen for the future, with players who want to play for the club. Berge isn’t in the same class as Ndiaye, he’s not good enough to hold the club to ransom and he certainly isn’t irreplaceable.

I think that assessment is supported by the list of Champions League and top six clubs fighting it out to secure his signature 😉
Personally, I expect the club not to sell two of our better performers within two weeks of a new Premier League season starting, out of contract this time next year or not. It is a total shambles, shitshow, etc

The OP is correct though. The club has been and still is being run in a negligent manner, to put it mildly. Neglecting to renew player contracts and allowing them to run down to within a year of expiry, not paying bills to suppliers of the club, and not paying clubs for players we have bought is a disgrace. The prince is demanding £150m for the club which is way, way inflated seeing as we are loaned up to the eyeballs against future parachute payments. As for Berge and Ndiaye, weren’t we set to sell them to Fulham and Everton respectively until the dodgy Nigerian prospective buyer put around £10m into the club in order to keep them both until the end of the (ultimately) promotion season?

Thought “accepted a bid from Everton” Hasn’t this been denied?

What do we owe on loans these days?

Negligent? The football authorities would be all over the club if they thought that was the case. It’s an emotive word but you have to take into account the reasons behind non payments etc. The EFL were happy to lift the embargo after any breaches were put right.

Are you trying to wind me up? the guy is a complete and utter joke.

Just from listening to the interview yesterday he didn't do his due dilligence properly with Mauriss nor Dozy.

Only our club could involve itself with such frauds.
The “complete and utter joke” who has taken us into the PL, avoided us selling our best players when it would not have been sensible to do so and, apart from allowing CW to pay way over the odds for players, has generally allowed the management to be successful.
His dd on those buyers was left to the EFL : a mistake in my opinion.
As for us being the only club to be involved with dodgy owners I think we can all each point to several other clubs, some of whom no longer exist .

The surprise for me is there are still some fans on here who believe we are going to sign some dynamic players to replace our only 2 special dynamic players . My God the prince is having a easy time of conning us dont you think

If only you were able to do the same and convince people you know what you’re talking about…….

For everyone saying it's not that big a loss because Berge isn't that good - it's not the point.

Even if he isn't all that, we don't have any other midfielders that are PL standard and that are settled at the club.
Let’s see who comes in, whether they are good enough and how long they take to settle, before being too critical

Personally, I expect the club not to sell two of our better performers within two weeks of a new Premier League season starting, out of contract this time next year or not. It is a total shambles, shitshow, etc
I agree with regard to Iliman Ndiaye, but I don’t think Berge is anywhere near as influential.

Besides they were hardly going to sell them last season were they? The transfer window shuts in another 3 weeks & 4 days.

The season won’t be decided on Saturday you know 😉

Back
Top Bottom