The Club is a laughing stock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The surprise for me is there are still some fans on here who believe we are going to sign some dynamic players to replace our only 2 special dynamic players . My God the prince is having a easy time of conning us dont you think
That has to be the most inappropriate description of Sander Berge that I have ever seen.

Great player ‘on his day’ but dynamic, he is certainly not!!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thought “accepted a bid from Everton” Hasn’t this been denied?

What do we owe on loans these days?

Negligent? The football authorities would be all over the club if they thought that was the case. It’s an emotive word but you have to take into account the reasons behind non payments etc. The EFL were happy to lift the embargo after any breaches were put right.
Yes after Dozy injected around £10m into the club as part of his exclusive talks to buy the club period, we rejected £25m from Everton. Is this not the case? If not then I stand corrected.

It has been reported from various sources that we have loans guaranteed against future parachute payments from an Australian bank called McQuarie until the 2016/17 season.

The football authorities WERE all over us. That is why we were placed under a transfer embargo in January and could not strengthen the team. Luckily for us, Heckingbottom, McCall, Lester and the others in the coaching team got us promoted against that huge backdrop of negligence.

It has been reported from various sources that we have loans guaranteed against future parachute payments from an Australian bank called McQuarie until the 2016/17 season.

Well that’s ok. We can sell Samir Carruthers to pay it off.

Just sucks that for the next 40 odd weeks

We’ve got NOTHING to look forward to. No chance of getting results, no chance of picking up points. Just an inevitable grim defeat. It’s the covid season all over again.

Would genuinely have rather not got promoted and lost the players. Instead of this kick in the face after kick in the face.

No replacements lined up and an abdication of the season
With respect that's a massive exaggeration, even if we don't get another player through the door all season we're going to pick up a few results from somewhere.

We weren't the first, nor are we the last or only current outfit to have done that.

Yes after Dozy injected around £10m into the club as part of his exclusive talks to buy the club period, we rejected £25m from Everton. Is this not the case? If not then I stand corrected.

The football authorities WERE all over us. That is why we were placed under a transfer embargo in January and could not strengthen the team. Luckily for us, Heckingbottom, McCall, Lester and the others in the coaching team got us promoted against that huge backdrop of negligence.

Well l believe PA has denied we accepted a bid from Everton. Who knows? It seemed to be a claim based on paper talk.

The money Dozy was to pay was for a down payment for shares. So that would actually be PA’s money. So he introduced it into the club. Presumably being part of the £27m share issue

The EFL looked at the reasons for non payment to other clubs. No mention of anything else such as not paying HMRC for instance. If they hadn’t been satisfied with figures and budgets we’d still be under embargo. Just scaremongering.

There’s the N word again. We couldn’t pay creditors. How did you expect us to buy new players?

Yes, the coaching staff worked wonders.

You obviously mean 2026/27. I haven’t seen a report like that (not saying it isn’t true btw) but that would suggest one year PL money and three years parachute payment. Do you really believe we’ve already had that £200m or so already?

We weren't the first, nor are we the last or only current outfit to have done that.
We certainly aren’t - however, we did this kind of financing the last time round and only signed one permanent player in three years - Anel. We failed to pay his former club too.

We certainly aren’t - however, we did this kind of financing the last time round and only signed one permanent player in three years - Anel. We failed to pay his former club too.

We also spent 70m alone on 3 players in Brewster, McBurnie & Berge.

Prince Abdullah please do us all a favour and get out of our club and get out of our club now.

Our promotion should have been a joyous occasion and something to look forward too but instead we have become not only the laughing stock of the Premier League we have become the laughing stock of English football as a whole.

Selling Sander to a Premier league relegation rival is the most criminal transfer I can ever recall and the timing of it is a complete and utter insult to every single fan that has forked out for a season ticket.

Now we can all understand Ndiaye going but the timing yet again was what has caused uproar.

But this with Sander Berge is inexcusable and to Burnley 😂

This is literally the straw that broke the camels back the club is completely done under Prince Abdullah and this current board.

The Prince says judge him on his actions not his words and he has now proven to be a complete and utter con artist that has completely pulled the wool over the fan bases eyes.

PRINCE ABDULLAH AND THE BOARD OUT NOW!!!
I don't agree with the bits in bold particularly.

We knew there was a danger of losing these two players for ages. At least since last summer.

How many fans, hand on heart, thought Berge was going to be really good for us in the Prem? Makes complete sense to sell Berge, I think. I would have sold him in January to get O'Brien and Archer on loan (both were rumoured /reported to be lined up).

You're entitled to your opinions but this seems way over the top. You're upset, fair enough, but if we bring in more players it actually should be beneficial (in theory).

That’s because we owed £90m+ from previous years. It really isn’t arithmetic science to do a bit of adding up.

Well l believe PA has denied we accepted a bid from Everton. Who knows? It seemed to be a claim based on paper talk.

The money Dozy was to pay was for a down payment for shares. So that would actually be PA’s money. So he introduced it into the club. Presumably being part of the £27m share issue

The EFL looked at the reasons for non payment to other clubs. No mention of anything else such as not paying HMRC for instance. If they hadn’t been satisfied with figures and budgets we’d still be under embargo. Just scaremongering.

There’s the N word again. We couldn’t pay creditors. How did you expect us to buy new players?

You obviously mean 2026/27. I haven’t seen a report like that (not saying it isn’t true btw) but that would suggest one year PL money and three years parachute payment. Do you really believe we’ve already had that £200m or so already?
Here it is pal.

I don't agree with the bits in bold particularly.

We knew there was a danger of losing these two players for ages. At least since last summer.

How many fans, hand on heart, thought Berge was going to be really good for us in the Prem? Makes complete sense to sell Berge, I think. I would have sold him in January to get O'Brien and Archer on loan (both were rumoured /reported to be lined up).

You're entitled to your opinions but this seems way over the top. You're upset, fair enough, but if we bring in more players it actually should be beneficial (in theory).
I can take us selling players if we really have no choice and the money can be re-invested.

The way it has been handled is ridiculous if Sander and Ndiaye were going to be sold it should have been done months ago giving Hecky and the recruitment time to identify and sign suitable replacements.

Instead we are now left with a squad that is a mid table championship squad if Sander goes that will be us 4 key players down from last season.

The players that we have signed so far are not in the same league.

I feel for Hecky and co yet again another manager thrown under the bus due to poor running of the club from the owner and board.

of course they have, they are established EPL sides

But it’s all relative
Loputegi may walk as he can’t get his way
Moyes may get sacked as he’s kicking off
Palace have Chelsea sniffing round olise

Course it’s disappointing we’ve lost 2 of our best players, but you’ve got to trust the system, even tho right now it doesn’t look good

In recent years our recruitment team have brought us lads most of us hadn’t heard of
Henderson, MGW, Anel, Doyle, McAtee

Time for 2 or 3 rabbits from the hat now
We have a mid table championship squad currently unless we sign. 5 or 6 quality players that are Premier league standard we do not have a prayer.

The “complete and utter joke” who has taken us into the PL, avoided us selling our best players when it would not have been sensible to do so and, apart from allowing CW to pay way over the odds for players, has generally allowed the management to be successful.
His dd on those buyers was left to the EFL : a mistake in my opinion.
As for us being the only club to be involved with dodgy owners I think we can all each point to several other clubs, some of whom no longer exist .
He has clearly pulled the wool over your eyes then, if he had backed Wilder out of his own money then you would have a point but he hasn't.

He has used the clubs money and pulled the wool over the fans eyes the sooner he is gone the better.

That has to be the most inappropriate description of Sander Berge that I have ever seen.

Great player ‘on his day’ but dynamic, he is certainly not!!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️
compared to the rest of our squad he is dynamic or put another way the nearest that we become dynamic

I actually want us to be a selling club..

Look at Atalanta and the likes of Brighton, it’s a very good business model, you scout well bring in a player for a modest sun in the grand scheme of things and move them on for substantial profit within 2 years. Reinvest that money into similar players, rinse and repeat.. it’s the only way to be sustainable..

The problem we have now is we are a matter of days away from the season start with a squad of players who are nearly all in the same contractual position as those that have just left and we are bare bones about to embark on a Premier league campaign. Palace at home first game was a once in a season gift from above to get points on the board early but here we are wondering if we are going to be starting kids with less than 5 starts for the club playing in the PL.

We’ve been spoiled with two PL promotions in quick succession and I fear when the next one will come, just fucking about and not making a go of it seems like a huge waste.

4 points from the first 3 games is possible and would have been a huge confidence boost now I don’t expect anything freind 3 games bar a squad of players who have been cobbled together at a seconds notice and need to do a theoretical pre season just to get on the same page.

Imagine being a potential buyer or even a player and looking at this situation and thinking that’s a ship I want to jump on.

Despite your flip
That’s because we owed £90m+ from previous years. It really isn’t arithmetic science to do a bit of adding up.
Do you honestly think that we are are a well run club?
That’s because we owed £90m+ from previous years. It really isn’t arithmetic science to do a bit of adding
Of course. But having oodles of high interest debt from an Australian bank doesn’t help.

Prince Abdullah please do us all a favour and get out of our club and get out of our club now.

Our promotion should have been a joyous occasion and something to look forward too but instead we have become not only the laughing stock of the Premier League we have become the laughing stock of English football as a whole.

Selling Sander to a Premier league relegation rival is the most criminal transfer I can ever recall and the timing of it is a complete and utter insult to every single fan that has forked out for a season ticket.

Now we can all understand Ndiaye going but the timing yet again was what has caused uproar.

This is literally the straw that broke the camels back the club is completely done under Prince Abdullah and this current board.

The Prince says judge him on his actions not his words and he has now proven to be a complete and utter con artist that has completely pulled the wool over the fan bases eyes.

View attachment EmbarrassedDampHawaiianmonkseal-mobile.mp4

Agree.

The prince is an absolute scamming cunt, and I don't use that word lightly.

Fuck off and don't come back Abdullah.

Despite your flip

Do you honestly think that we are are a well run club?

Of course. But having oodles of high interest debt from an Australian bank doesn’t help.

Firstly, there needs to be an understanding of that debt and why it’s there. In two PL seasons we spent £66m and £46m on players. Had to cover the previous years losses and pay wages and the running costs. Had to get the ground up to PL standards and then take the Covid hit. Did you believe we’d been well run at the end of the first PL season?

We took a £28m turnover hit in season 2 the signings didn’t work and the manager went native. All PA’s fault.

Where do you think the bank loans go, other than the Emirates mortgage?

Firstly, there needs to be an understanding of that debt and why it’s there. In two PL seasons we spent £66m and £46m on players. Had to cover the previous years losses and pay wages and the running costs. Had to get the ground up to PL standards and then take the Covid hit. Did you believe we’d been well run at the end of the first PL season?

We took a £28m turnover hit in season 2 the signings didn’t work and the manager went native. All PA’s fault.

Where do you think the bank loans go, other than the Emirates mortgage?
Are you trying to say the club is skint ?

Back
Top Bottom