Prince sabotaged us, how to return the favour?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you get promoted to the Prem, receive over £100 million and spend nothing that's sabotage. Plain and simple.
I'm not a prince fan, far from it, but jesus Christ, we don't receive 100m straight up, a fraction of that will have been paid so far

With wage increases triggered, bonuses for promotion etc, a lot of that is already swallowed up

You were following our financial crisis last season? You think going out and spending a fortune is the right thing to do now?

You earn around £135mil in your first season then a total of around £250mil over a five year period if you stay up for that long. You don't get £100mil per season.

Well that directly contradicts the minimum TV money you get each year that I've seen quoted everywhere regardless of how shit you are, hence I say show your work and cite it

He signed a new contract the season we had Jokanovic took over. In fact I remember Jokanovic wanting Ndiaye in his squad but the club not letting him until he signed a new deal and he was frozen out of the squad by the club, much to Jokanovic's annoyance. That was done in the end and Ndiaye signed a three year deal. The question is, after that season, when we clearly had a huge talent on our hands, did they not offer an improved or extended deal at the end of that season? Why leave it until last season?

Unfortunately the transfer embargo stopped us getting him to sign a new deal in January, so all cards were off the table until the end of the season. But the new deal could have been offered and signed at any time.
Interesting how history can be so quickly rewritten. A new deal could not be “signed at any time” if the player does not want to sign it.
The loss of Illiman is a huge disappointment, and I feel that as much as anybody, but all of these arguments about who should carry exclusive blame are utterly pointless. The club contributed to this outcome, and so did Illiman. What matters now is how we respond as a club - and as a fan base.

Ndiyae gone and next to nothing spent. What a waste of a premier league golden ticket. I'm livid.

Sure we understand the Prince wants rid, (thankfully) but nevertheless I feel its our duty as Blades to help ensure he gets the absolute minimum from the sale of the club now. That's what he deserves. What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
Interesting that your username is a homage to a player that was also sold in arguably an even worse situation than Ndiaye (people still talk about it 25 years after it happened) and yet you’re still here, presumably still a Blade and the club still exists (whether that remains the case after your efforts to single handedly bring it to the ground remains to be seen)

Ndiyae gone and next to nothing spent. What a waste of a premier league golden ticket. I'm livid.

Sure we understand the Prince wants rid, (thankfully) but nevertheless I feel its our duty as Blades to help ensure he gets the absolute minimum from the sale of the club now. That's what he deserves. What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
You guys have next level sense of humour

So the main impression im getting here is that a lot of you think the Prince has done a bang on job this Summer, you hope he sells us for the maximum and rides off into the sunset with an enormous truck of cash?

I'm stunned.

So the main impression im getting here here is that a lot of you think the Prince has done a bang on job this Summer, you hope he sells us for the maximum and rides off into the sunset with an enormous truck of cash?

I'm stunned.

Who has actually said he’s done a bang on job this summer?

Offer him a contract when we saw how good he could have been 18 months ago
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you've forgotten about the multiple, repeated reports that he and his agent wouldn't even entertain the idea of a new contract.

The only thing changed that was promotion, but it still wasn't enough.

Sander is out of contract in 12 months time, why are we offering him a new deal? Because we know he won't sign it regardless! It's what happens with valuable players who know their own worth

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you've forgotten about the multiple, repeated reports that he and his agent wouldn't even entertain the idea of a new contract.

Sander is out of contract in 12 months time, why are we offering him a new deal? Because we know he won't sign it regardless! It's what happens with valuable players who know their own worth
The club offered him a deal he considered and almost agreed to last week. Someone is going to have to walk me through why that deal wasn't offered in May? Or even earlier on the proviso we were promoted.

I feel there's way too much focus on the Ndiyae sale here, and nowhere near enough on the fact we've got promoted to the Prem and spent close to zero.
It is UNACCEPTABLE.

In a nutshell, we don't. Why would we want the club to be sold to the lowest bidder just because some fans have majorly spat the dummy out over selling a player who wanted to leave? Surely in the long-term that would be far more damaging to the club than the loss of one player.

I know next to fuck all about the ludicrous money and finances involved in buying and selling football teams, let alone players, but surely, from an economic point of view, someone who is outlaying say £150m for a club is more likely to want that club to do well, and therefore make them more money back, than someone who buys a club for, say £50m, and therefore might be more likely to just be in it for a quick turnaround and a bit of profit?

The people involved at that level have money to burn, but even so, you want a return on investment. The bigger the investment, the bigger the desired return surely? And in the case of something like a football club, the best way to get a return on the investment is to try and run the club in a way that ensures it generates money.

Apologies if I'm completely wrong here, again, I know fuck all about how all this shit works in real terms. This is just my layman's view of things.

How about stop fucking whining and manning up. He walked out, he wasn't pushed so maybe wait and see who we bring in and we go again. Great footballer Illi, exceptional skills but he'd rather play in some French pub league so fuck him, hardly smacks of understanding what being a Blade is now does it.

That was this season we should have done it last year before the promotion season

We need to be 2 steps ahead and forward plan

Look at Osula now if he does well he’s off for peanuts

There is nothing wrong with selling players like ndiaye but he could have been £50 mill player same could go for Osula

In a nutshell, we don't. Why would we want the club to be sold to the lowest bidder just because some fans have majorly spat the dummy out over selling a player who wanted to leave? Surely in the long-term that would be far more damaging to the club than the loss of one player.

I know next to fuck all about the ludicrous money and finances involved in buying and selling football teams, let alone players, but surely, from an economic point of view, someone who is outlaying say £150m for a club is more likely to want that club to do well, and therefore make them more money back, than someone who buys a club for, say £50m, and therefore might be more likely to just be in it for a quick turnaround and a bit of profit?

The people involved at that level have money to burn, but even so, you want a return on investment. The bigger the investment, the bigger the desired return surely? And in the case of something like a football club, the best way to get a return on the investment is to try and run the club in a way that ensures it generates money.

Apologies if I'm completely wrong here, again, I know fuck all about how all this shit works in real terms. This is just my layman's view of things.
Football clubs are financial black holes, they should be seen as a billionaires accessory / pet project. Receiving a good return on investment is not impossible but highly improbable.

I haven't read all of this thread. If anyone has sabotaged us, is it not illi's agent and possibly his dad? As I understand, illi's changed his mind 3 times which suggests to me his heart wasn't totally in the original move. I wonder if he's been pressured by his influencers.
Personally I think agents have way too much power and I can't help thinking that they're just feathering their own nest.
In the old days, prior to Bosman, the clubs were more or less totally in control of what players did and it seems to me agents have now taken over. Obviously most players need advisers but I doubt all agents truly have their players' interests in the forefront of their minds.

I feel there's way too much focus on the Ndiyae sale here, and nowhere near enough on the fact we've got promoted to the Prem and spent close to zero.
It is UNACCEPTABLE.
If for example we spent £7m on Slimane, Larouici and Traore, I really don't know to be honest. Then imagine they are all on £20,000 a week. Again, I've no idea,but this is usually regarded as very low for the premier league. All three players on three year contracts? That's £16m gone straight away. Your close to zero comment is factually incorrect. Unless, £16m is insignificant in your life. We will also bring in other players. What is unacceptable is spending money you dont have and putting my club in danger.

If for example we spent £7m on Slimane, Larouici and Traore, I really don't know to be honest. Then imagine they are all on £20,000 a week. Again, I've no idea,but this is usually regarded as very low for the premier league. All three players on three year contracts? That's £16m gone straight away. Your close to zero comment is factually incorrect. Unless, £16m is insignificant in your life. We will also bring in other players. What is unacceptable is spending money you dont have and putting my club in danger.
^^^^^^^^^^
this all day

And if they did you'd still get the same old helmets, spouting the same old bullshit on here because they don't like to hear the facts. Hows about he comes out and makes a fucking statement, he's the one who turned down a bumper contract and fucked off.

What's the next party line, how McCabe wouldn't have let this happen? Fuck me some of you lot don't have a fucking clue.

UTBFTP 👊
Lot on twitter saying he agreed new deal and club did interview on camera. He comes back to them and says he is leaving.

His agent refused to talk about a new contract as I remember?

I can’t help think a bit of this is his agent getting revenge for the way we got him to sign his last contract.

That was this season we should have done it last year before the promotion season

We need to be 2 steps ahead and forward plan

Look at Osula now if he does well he’s off for peanuts

There is nothing wrong with selling players like ndiaye but he could have been £50 mill player same could go for Osula
It's been true since he signed the original contract under Jokanovic.

You need to manage your expectations.

Of course Ndiaye is a £50m+ player but the only way that would've happened with us if he'd signed a huge long-term deal a while ago, enough to put clubs off and enough to deter clubs from sniffing around, AND for us to be in the Premier League when he starts to get noticed.

None of things were likely and the idea of all of them being true is just fiction.

It doesn't matter is Osula becomes twice the player Ndiaye is, if he wants to go he'll go. We could offer to rename the ground after him, it doesn't matter.

We've simply played a part in developing a player who got too big for us, too quickly.

People are thinking about this as if we've forced Dane Whitehouse to join Wednesday on a free against his will. Ndiaye wanted the move, that INSTANTLY lowers his price.

lliman would not sign another contract. He wanted to go there. How do we keep him?
He was under contract for another year, A constant repetition of "Non Monsieur" would have done the trick. If its correct that we've only got £12M or £13M for him, presumably to be received in pitiful instalments then this is bollocks all compared with the PL money we'll receive this year but now have no chance of receiving next year. Some might say we couldn't force him to play, true, but where's the slightest evidence that he would have turned into the spoilt brat or a shit stirrer at the club? There is none, he's shown a single minded determination throughout his career to get to the top and he's smart enough to realise that throwing his toys out of the pram this year if we had denied him his move would be the kiss of death for his future reputation. Rather he would quickly realise that if he could use his PL exposure in an unfashionable team this season he could have his choice of glory moves next summer if that's what he wanted. Losing him now equates to losing any hope for this season in the view of many of us before we've kicked a ball, regardless of the fact that it was a pretty slim hope anyway. At least we could have enjoyed watching him play. As others have said this is likely to have a serious negative impact on any chance we had at all if bringing in the required quality of signings or loans, who the hell id going to be convinced to sign for a club where the owners have fuck all ambition or even interest. We've had a constant stream of short pocketed, short sighted, spineless wankers running this club throughout my time as supporter and I'm pretty much done with the lot of it. This is as big a kick in the nuts as any that's been thrown the way of the supporters in recent years.

His agent refused to talk about a new contract as I remember?

I can’t help think a bit of this is his agent getting revenge for the way we got him to sign his last contract.

It's more the agent being a scummy agent and playing both sides. Make out to OM "Quick quick move now before he signs a new deal..." and make out to us that Ndiaye has changed his mind and wants to stay.

Who comes out the winner in all this? The agent. A nice fee collected from moving his player regardless of whether it is the right move for Ndiaye at this point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom