Prince sabotaged us, how to return the favour?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's been true since he signed the original contract under Jokanovic.

You need to manage your expectations.

Of course Ndiaye is a £50m+ player but the only way that would've happened with us if he'd signed a huge long-term deal a while ago, enough to put clubs off and enough to deter clubs from sniffing around, AND for us to be in the Premier League when he starts to get noticed.

None of things were likely and the idea of all of them being true is just fiction.

It doesn't matter is Osula becomes twice the player Ndiaye is, if he wants to go he'll go. We could offer to rename the ground after him, it doesn't matter.

We've simply played a part in developing a player who got too big for us, too quickly.

People are thinking about this as if we've forced Dane Whitehouse to join Wednesday on a free against his will. Ndiaye wanted the move, that INSTANTLY lowers his price.

I don’t disagree but you have to insure yourself against it

Why are Osula & Jebbo near a Bosman ?

It’s the same reason it’s happened to ndiaye

No forward planning from the club unfortunately

Bit strong...Though it would appear that Derby's record of under achievement in a 38 game season could be in serious peril of been bettered.

That’ll show them.

Just imagining the account telling The Prince: ‘We were £3 down on pen sales last week, better reduce the cost of our club now or we’ll never sell’

That’ll show them.

Just imagining the account telling The Prince: ‘We were £3 down on pen sales last week, better reduce the cost of our club now or we’ll never sell’
Happy to hear better ideas. I've already got my season ticket, I don't suppose we do refunds?

Problem is I really like my seat, bang in line with the Pen spot on the Kop.

I don’t disagree but you have to insure yourself against it

Why are Osula & Jebbo near a Bosman?
That just goes round in circles, though.

They're near a Bosman because they haven't signed a new deal yet. We're not going to get press releases about whether they've sat down with the club or whether they want to, or how often we try to engage that conversation.

We can assume the club wants to keep both. Therefore the only reason the players haven't signed a new deal is the players themselves.

What does insuring against it look like? Buying more players with money we don't have or is needed elsewhere, so they can sit on the bench waiting around in case Osula or Jebbo leave?

As I say, it's absolutely fine to be pissed off about a great player but some of the points being made just throw logic and reality out of the window. In a situation like this we have no choice but to react as best we can. Otherwise we're suggesting the club should've replaced an irreplaceable player before he leaves?!

That was this season we should have done it last year before the promotion season

We need to be 2 steps ahead and forward plan

Look at Osula now if he does well he’s off for peanuts

There is nothing wrong with selling players like ndiaye but he could have been £50 mill player same could go for Osula
In the season before the promotion season Ndiaye made 23 starts in the league.
He was on the bench 9 (10?) times. He came on as sub 7 times. He was left out of the squad for some matches. He only played a full 90 minutes twice. He regularly cramped up, sometimes got pushed off the ball (which seems unbelievable now). He was nowhere near the Senegal team for the African cup of nations. He wasn’t even first choice here as Gibbs-white started most games instead of him. Nobody was offering millions of pounds for Ndiaye last summer.

And everyone thought the sky had fallen in when Gibbs-white went back to Wolves.

We’d failed to get promoted, we were losing money, couldn’t afford to keep up repayments on purchased players, couldn’t afford to pay bills around the club reportedly.

I can’t see how we could expect Ndiaye to be offered a contract during that season that would be one of the most lucrative the club had ever given out, with no real prospect of increased income. Should we have done it at Christmas 2021, when he’d played a handful of games? Or mid-season when he was spending most weeks on the bench? Or in the summer of 2022 when we had confirmed that we definitely were not getting promoted and our income was definitely falling way below our outgoings? The idea that the board should have borrowed heavily and put the club into more debt at that time, making him the highest paid player at the club, just doesn’t seem plausible to me.

By Christmas 2022, things had changed further - our financial situation had worsened, a transfer embargo had been imposed, Ndiaye had played well in a few World Cup games for Senegal, and he’d lit up the championship with great performances taking us into a position of promotion favourites. We can borrow heavily and offer that record breaking contract now, but promotion isn’t guaranteed, so our income could be going down AGAIN in a few months. Or we could sell him in January 2023, make a profit, stabilise the club, maybe miss out on promotion. Or we could hold onto him in January, hope we get promoted, and hope premier league football and finances gives us a chance to get him on a new contract in the summer when we know what we can afford to pay. Or maybe we’ve already missed our chance by Jan 2023 because he’s already thinking in terms of champions league clubs and has no intention of signing with just one year left come the summer.

I don’t see a moment when - knowing just what they knew then - with all the future uncertainties still in play - and the club’s financial situation - it would have been the perfect opportunity for the board to commit to borrowing heavily into the future and taking on more debt in order to sign Ndiaye onto one of the most lucrative contracts the club had ever offered.

He was on the bench 9 (10?) times. He came on as sub 7 times. He was left out of the squad for some matches. He only played a full 90 minutes twice. He regularly cramped up, sometimes got pushed off the ball (which seems unbelievable now). He was nowhere near the Senegal team for the African cup of nations. He wasn’t even first choice here as Gibbs-white started most games instead of him. Nobody was offering millions of pounds for Ndiaye last summer.

And everyone thought the sky had fallen in when Gibbs-white went back to Wolves.

We’d failed to get promoted, we were losing money, couldn’t afford to keep up repayments on purchased players, couldn’t afford to pay bills around the club reportedly.

I can’t see how we could expect Ndiaye to be offered a contract during that season that would be one of the most lucrative the club had ever given out, with no real prospect of increased income. Should we have done it at Christmas 2021, when he’d played a handful of games? Or mid-season when he was spending most weeks on the bench? Or in the summer of 2022 when we had confirmed that we definitely were not getting promoted and our income was definitely falling way below our outgoings? The idea that the board should have borrowed heavily and put the club into more debt at that time, making him the highest paid player at the club, just doesn’t seem plausible to me.

By Christmas 2022, things had changed further - our financial situation had worsened, a transfer embargo had been imposed, Ndiaye had played well in a few World Cup games for Senegal, and he’d lit up the championship with great performances taking us into a position of promotion favourites. We can borrow heavily and offer that record breaking contract now, but promotion isn’t guaranteed, so our income could be going down AGAIN in a few months. Or we could sell him in January 2023, make a profit, stabilise the club, maybe miss out on promotion. Or we could hold onto him in January, hope we get promoted, and hope premier league football and finances gives us a chance to get him on a new contract in the summer when we know what we can afford to pay. Or maybe we’ve already missed our chance by Jan 2023 because he’s already thinking in terms of champions league clubs and has no intention of signing with just one year left come the summer.

I don’t see a moment when - knowing just what they knew then - with all the future uncertainties still in play - and the club’s financial situation - it would have been the perfect opportunity for the board to commit to borrowing heavily into the future and taking on more debt in order to sign Ndiaye onto one of the most lucrative contracts the club had ever offered.

Far too considered and dare I say it, sensible?

Won't wash on here though as you don't seem to be throwing any toys out.
Do you even own a pram?

Ndiyae gone and next to nothing spent. What a waste of a premier league golden ticket. I'm livid.

Sure we understand the Prince wants rid, (thankfully) but nevertheless I feel its our duty as Blades to help ensure he gets the absolute minimum from the sale of the club now. That's what he deserves. What can we do to help ensure he has to sell us at a rock bottom price? Boycott all merchandise? Anything else?
Talk about cut your nose off to spite your face.

Too daft to laugh at....

Nobody is happy that Illy has left the club. But what a load of nonsense. How can anyone read the situation so wrong? Then call for action to sabotage the club, the very thing he's accusing the Prince of doing.
Despite the stomach wrencing feeling this is not a Deane and Fjortoft situation.
Feel the pain, get over it and move on.
NO someone had got to pay!

I'm more livid about our lack of spending, to be honest, Ndiyae going has just compounded the main problem. The Prince needs to see how dissatisfied the fans are with him.
I agree but he goes missing for moist of the season but will no doubt jump out of a box if we stay up.

I bet the Prince is bricking it at the thought of an angry mob boycotting buying pencils and badges in the club shop before waving our smelly shoes at an empty office in the South Stand car park

I'm more livid about our lack of spending, to be honest, Ndiyae going has just compounded the main problem. The Prince needs to see how dissatisfied the fans are with him.
“Hey, why aren’t you richer, you cunt”.

I think the best thing you could do is go and support another team. That will really stick it to the Prince.

Great post, makes total sense. However some will use any excuse to slag off the club.

Did you miss all the coverage of all the financial issues last season? A good portion of the windfall is already spoken for.
But there's even more money to come if we stay up right? So surely (within reason) it's worth investing in some talent?

But there's even more money to come if we stay up right? So surely (within reason) it's worth investing in some talent?
We’ve just been down this road though. We stayed up, spent a fair bit got relegated and then nearly got into serious trouble if it wasn’t for promotion.

Would be madness to replicate this again.

I suspect Iliman has been pushed into this move by his girlfriend / wife I believe she wanted to go home , as stupid as it is this crap weather we’re having now my have tipped her over the edge , plus the agents angling for there cut of the transfer deal

Exactly, Ndiaye made no secret of his desire to return to France, even before he signed his current deal, he refused to go to Everton for the same reason.

He was very much a bit part player under Jokanovic, as said above. It was not until Hecky and Jack Lester moved him further up the pitch that he really flourished and became stand out player of last season, without whom we’d still be in the Championship. But nevertheless, his ambitions were still at home in France, he’s got his wish, be grateful he was here and because he was, that we are now in the Premier League.

Maybe we should see who else we get in in before September, prior to boycotting the programmes, pies and replica shirts ?

We’ve just been down this road though. We stayed up, spent a fair bit got relegated and then nearly got into serious trouble if it wasn’t for promotion.

Would be madness to replicate this again.
How likely is it that something like the Brewster debacle would repeat? Or that we'd spend roughly £1 million per goal on someone like Oli McBurnie? Those are freak incidents and I don't think we should expect lightning to strike thrice.

I suspect Iliman has been pushed into this move by his girlfriend / wife I believe she wanted to go home , as stupid as it is this crap weather we’re having now my have tipped her over the edge , plus the agents angling for there cut of the transfer deal
I’m not sure she’s French actually - maybe she really wanted a move somewhere else (London?), - but you’re right in that there could be any number of things going on that form part of a decision to move countries and start a new job. Things to do with family, kids, finances, future plans, relationships - life’s a lot more complicated than ‘football issues’ like ‘how big will the crowds be / what competition will I play in / what are the fans of that team like’ which could well have no bearing whatsoever on such a monumental decision.

we've got promoted to the Prem and spent close to zero.
It is UNACCEPTABLE.

Tens of millions isn't close to zero though.

Promotion bonuses and wage increases run into the tens of millions.
Though these payments don't make headlines like 'transfer fees' , which is why many choose to ignore their existence.

It's not like we have to contribute to these increased costs by paying double/triple the price of our season tickets.

Imagine the outrage that might cause.

Tens of millions isn't close to zero though.

Promotion bonuses and wage increases run into the tens of millions.
Though these payments don't make headlines like 'transfer fees' , which is why many choose to ignore their existence.

It's not like we have to contribute to these increased costs by paying double/triple the price of our season tickets.

Imagine the outrage that might cause.
Yet everyone keeps telling me almost all our players are nearly out of contract? Amazing how a bunch of players with 1 year left on their contract is costing us tens of millions...

Shit. Best not sign anyone then.
You’ve not really thought your statement through have you?

If a player is on ten grand a week on a four year contract, his payroll cost is the same in year 4 as year 1. Why do you think it should be less?

Back
Top Bottom