New away kit...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

image.jpg Today's snippet
20140726-adidas-away-kit-230415.aspx

While the new away kit looks as if it will be well received, from a players point of view, wouldn't a more prominent colour have a more positive benefit on the playing field?

My theory is that a brighter colour is picked up in the peripheral vision much easier than a darker colour, the lime yellow for example (unless you start passing to stewards).....

Just sayin like......

And there it is... The Swansea home template, with the god awful patches on the arms... Hmphh

While the new away kit looks as if it will be well received, from a players point of view, wouldn't a more prominent colour have a more positive benefit on the playing field?

My theory is that a brighter colour is picked up in the peripheral vision much easier than a darker colour, the lime yellow for example (unless you start passing to stewards).....

Just sayin like......

It might be bright yellow and light up like a Christmas tree from the chest down.

I'll be disappointed if we've got black instead of the rumoured British racing green. Although as previously mentioned, no matter how nice it is, if there's a sponsor on the back, I won't be buying it.

Have you mentioned it before? I hadn't noticed. Well, not in the last few seconds anyway. ;-)

Just sayin like......

Our best unbeaten run away from home happened when we had and all black away kit.

Then again we also got relegated with a black away shirt in 2011. We also got beaten in the play offs by mighty Yeovil wearing an all black kit.

So why, oh why, are we having the 4th black away kit in the last 6 years?

I might beg Jim phipps every day on twitter for a year asking for a yellow and red away kit

I'm pretty gutted we never got the British Racing Green kit that was rumoured, any chance it's the third kit? We getting a third kit?

From the images ive seen of the away kit , i really dislike tge goldie brown colour shown

Hope its just flash ..

Perhaps I can start.

Despite my bias as a blade and having just invested heavily in it, I am more excited about the away shirt than the home (just)

It is unlike anything I have seen before and one of the best shirts I've ever seen

Tony Entwistle
General Manager

Based on the preview pics, it's something like this. And you've never seen anything like it? :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 41
In fairness to John Holland Sales. I think his/their original enthusiasm was for the rumoured green shirt, which was apparently changed at the last minute.

Just sayin like......

Black shirt = bad choice!
And for those who remember the ManUre Grey kit which was dropped because the players couldn't pick each other out (or something like that)!

When did all the blades become Gok Wan!?
It's a football shirt, it's not meant to be wore at weddings and for interviews. Chill out, we've had some right shit recently so why pick our new one to bits? Even before it's released.
I'd prefer it to be made by Hugo Boss personally but as long as it's not sondico or kappa then I really don't care

Black shirt = bad choice!
And for those who remember the ManUre Grey kit which was dropped because the players couldn't pick each other out (or something like that)!

Quite a lot of our recent away kits have been black. In fact, I think black is probably behind Yellow and White for most used away colour by the blades.

edit: Just checked and if you count the Black & White Striped shirt from the premiership this will be our 5th black away kit. Our 4th "solid black" kit.

We've had 9 yellow kits (counting the purple halved shirt and mustard/brown stripes), 8 white, 3 luminous yellow/green, 2 blue, 1 orange, 1 green and 1 god-awful gold. Not counting the grey which was never used.

sheffu.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom