Were down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
That result confirmed relegation imo, this team is nowhere near having the quality or desire to stay up. Wilder has changed absolutely nothing.

May as well bin your season tickets and wait till next year, if the owners aren't going to waste their money don't waste yours

That result confirmed relegation imo, this team is nowhere near having the quality or desire to stay up. Wilder has changed absolutely nothing.

May as well bin your season tickets and wait till next year, if the owners aren't going to waste their money don't waste yours
Wilder’s changed nothing? Are you serious? We don’t have the quality and will go down, but surely you must see performances are already night and day different?

Wilder has got us 4 points from his first 5 games - midway through a season and during the busy festive season. How many did Hecky get in 14? Wilder has made us far more competitive. Does that excuse him for the first 30 mins today? No - he picked the wrong tactics but as a good coach does - he altered it and we were the better side from minute 31 until minute 70. Sadly, when we went 2-1, as we have shown this season, we lose our heads. As a coach what can you do if players decide to switch off? Also, how much luck did Luton need? I am not saying they dont play with pace, power and aggressive - they do - they are organised but they are poor. The got lucky, on another day those crosses and deflections go nowhere. Hey, look do I think we'll stay up? Nope, but I am assured we'll still give it a bloody good go

Already wasted it so I think I’ll keep going if that’s ok with you.

Wilder’s changed nothing? Are you serious? We don’t have the quality and will go down, but surely you must see performances are already night and day different?
Nah we're playing like we were at the start of the season when they hadn't completely given in under hecky... the players aren't good enough, the tactics and team selection are still shit, were still playing long ball to mcburnie and archer, still making shit mistakes, still bottling 50 50 challenges.

This team will down tools for wilder soon and the 5 nil drubbings will come

Game management is wank, how many times do we want to be winning in the the last 10, yet to throw it away n either draw or lose. Should never of lost that tonight, it’ll cost us
13 points lost. Thats 22 points we'd have.

Nah we're playing like we were at the start of the season when they hadn't completely given in under hecky... the players aren't good enough, the tactics and team selection are still shit, were still playing long ball to mcburnie and archer, still making shit mistakes, still bottling 50 50 challenges.

I think you’re in the minority here mate.

No chance. Wilder wont let that happen. And he has already said in the presser that he is p*ss with the goalie and defence today. Even during his last season - I think our worse defeat was 3-0?

Recruitment was horrendous in the summer. I’ve no idea who’s to blame for that, Traore, Slimane, Laroucci signings were terrible and then we panicked when NDiaye / Berge left.

We had a limited budget and needed to spend what we had effectively. We didn’t. Luton did

Kaminski looks a steal at 2-4m. Barkley and Townsend were good pick ups from freebies - apparently we had too many players to use this.....

Wilder got the tactics wrong first half. Second half we were miles better than them and still conspire to lose. If we start the game 3-4-3 or we don’t concede a soft first goal and go in 0-0 we win. Should’ve won it anyway. 5 points in our last two thrown away which could’ve transformed the season.

Reactions: MKY
We are not down because of today's result.
Anybody with a brain could have told you We were down before a ball had been kicked before the start of the season.

We are down because we sold our two best players two weeks before the season began and brought in players who have no experience at this level.
Lack of the required investment is the reason we are down.

That and because we are Blades. And if we are going to fuck up, we do it with style, panache and a flare like no-one has ever seen before.

That’s crap IMO at no time under Hecky did we get close to these levels - it does highlight more our weaknesses- and strengths - sadly not enough strengths
But they play with more desire energy than under Hecky City and Spurs both should have been 4-5 against us it wasn’t good defending but bad finishing Same with Everton and Man Utd in the second half

Having watched Florist destroy Newcastle today and us lose to Luton I’m afraid thats lights out for our season. Before today I though tne relegated teams would be us Burnley and Forest but having watched Florists game today I’d have to say they’re miles better than us. How has it come to this ?

That’s crap IMO at no time under Hecky did we get close to these levels - it does highlight more our weaknesses- and strengths - sadly not enough strengths
But they play with more desire energy than under Hecky City and Spurs both should have been 4-5 against us it wasn’t good defending but bad finishing Same with Everton and Man Utd in the second half
What Levels ... We were played off the park by luton in the first half and we made errors that an under 10s team would have been embarrassed by

People forget the desire was there with hecky earlier on... we should have won away at spurs but for a ridiculous amount of added time for example

we've narrowly beat a depleted Brentford side whose best players were out and that's pretty much it ... other than that we've rode our luck

The OP is a WUM..…

However..

CW should take a share of blame for today, his team selection and set up surrendered the first half and his subs after taking the lead gave midfield back to Luton.
Wes saves it and we don't spanner two into our own net and we are sat here smug after a comfortable win.

Surely throwing your season ticket into the bin is wasting your own money ? :)

After the WBA promotion game last season, we were very likely to go down.

After flogging our best 2 players and a woeful summer of recruitment, we were even more likely to go down.

After an awful start we were down.

After Hecky was sacked we were down.

After Wilders positive (ish) first 4 games we were still down.

Wilder isn’t the messiah, nor was Hecky completely useless - We’ve a woefully inadequate team. The hope is we can see improvements (however small) and at least be competitive until the seasons end and give fans something other than misery. The gap is too much to bridge and would be relying on other teams to have disgraceful form for the next 5 months.

The only vague positive is that we’ve time. We’ve got between now and August to get a squad refresher, get some of the new players gelling and ready to go again in the Championship.

Surely throwing your season ticket into the bin is wasting your own money ? :)
Buying a season ticket is wasting your own money... not going and avoiding paying to get to the games £5.50 for a warm can of Heineken etc is saving money

Recruitment was horrendous in the summer. I’ve no idea who’s to blame for that, Traore, Slimane, Laroucci signings were terrible and then we panicked when NDiaye / Berge left.

We had a limited budget and needed to spend what we had effectively. We didn’t. Luton did
Blame the Prince mate. Trying to do the Premier League on the cheap. Hiring a manager that with respect wasn’t up to it at this level and a playing squad equally so. Results in what we deserve - no fucking chance and relegation.

In most likelihood we are and always were, but let's not give up just yet eh.

I'm not going to outright say we're down and out. It's a funny old game this and we've another half a season or so left so let's not throw the toys out just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't feel like it would be a tenner wasted if I stuck it on us to go down but .. just relax a little bit eh?

Back
Top Bottom