New ballboy rule

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So it's ok to change SOME rules mid season then. Corrupt bastards.
How about looking further into smoothing out the clear and obvious issues with VA bastard R first?
Like the fact that crowds' responses range from perplexed, confused, to rising annoyance, to outright fury, given the total lack of any indicator of what's gong on. Refs could be ordered by the FA to make a microphone announcement to the crowd about what is being investigated. They ought also to be forced to report the outcome to the crowd. Women's World cup recently made refs report all outcomes of VAR.

Last edited:
Since VAR there has been an avalanche of new, largely pointless rules introduced - this being the latest. Fuck knows the point of it. It is just making the game even more unrecognisable and alien to me. This isn't my football.
The point of it is that it is now an entertainment product rather than sport, certainly at the top level. It's for the armchair fan sat at home not the supporters who attend. VAR, rule changes that are open to a different interpretation from one match to another and the encouragement of diving and feigning injury......it's really not meant for supporters any more.

The referee telling Grbic to hurry up in the first half. It’s not hit fault the rules have been changed by some backwards delinquent.

You can’t expect players to sprint to get the ball back in play to please some cunt in an office who has never played the game but decides on the new laws

And then the ref only added one minute of injury time onto the first half. The twat made up for it in the second half, mind.

Question is are Ball Boys now included in the attendance as they now spend the whole game sat down.
They must be - plus pigeons , executive front of house caring staff , programme sellers , phase 5 stewards , players , staff , tv people , drivers and passengers on passing buses , police - plus anyone else if they think there were 30,010 in that stadium yesterday

They must be - plus pigeons , executive front of house caring staff , programme sellers , phase 5 stewards , players , staff , tv people , drivers and passengers on passing buses , police - plus anyone else if they think there were 30,010 in that stadium yesterday
I noticed a few pigeons came back during the game yesterday. Settled on the pitch in front of the South Stand at the Kop end.
Wasn’t sure if they were a good or bad omen but either way they did better than Norwood.

That or the Evertonians moaning about Bournemouth not giving it them back quickly enough.

It was ridiculous though. Also note the referees position in checking the Sheffield United goalkeeper as quickly as possible in fetching it from a cone, whilst the opposition is ignored. Just like kicking the ball away only works one way.

There is no bias though. We have been told.

I don’t think anyone believes there were that many in, but that it is the total of tickets sold : season or match.

Watched 85 mins of Liverpool game and I don’t think I have seen anybody get a ball from a cone yet,I fact ref moved 3 balls from around the goal that hadn’t been put on cones at all,was it just a rule for our game?

Notice that the Fulham players seemed to have no knowledge of the shitty new rule, they we’re questioning one of the ball boys when it went out, and he was not retrieving it

As far as I can see it’s been brought in a stop a thing that’s never been raised as a problem from ever being raised as a problem by creating a different set of problems that previously weren’t a problem.
In other words, they’ve solved a non-existent problem by making things worse.
Good old Premier League.
The above interpritation explains it perfectly.

Has Bryan Robson's table applied for the position of cone?

Watched 85 mins of Liverpool game and I don’t think I have seen anybody get a ball from a cone yet,I fact ref moved 3 balls from around the goal that hadn’t been put on cones at all,was it just a rule for our game?
Likewise. I'll be keeping a close eye on the Man City game. Action replays mask a lot of the off the pitch activity though.

Today, I was in the company of an Everton supporter (who goes to most home games) and he was completely unaware of the new ball boy rules - as I suspect are most other premier league attenders until they actually witness the nonsense of it

So ballboys now cannot hand the ball to a player but put it on a cone instead. However subs warming up can give the ball to their teammate, so have loads of subs warming up if you need a goal. Their needs to be a ball behind the goalkeeper because that will be another way goalkeepers can waste time.
Seems like some of the Fulham fans were not aware of this. To quote from "Roy's View From" .........................
Sheff Utd were very poor from not using ball boys/girls to throw the ball back, to continuing wasting time & very dirty foul”

Seems like some of the Fulham fans were not aware of this. To quote from "Roy's View From" .........................
Sheff Utd were very poor from not using ball boys/girls to throw the ball back, to continuing wasting time & very dirty foul”
I’m not surprised. I was completely unaware of this rule change before the match. It had never crossed my mind as an issue that needed addressing.

Are they going to go back and check all goals so far this season where a team has benefitted from the ballboy adding an unfair advantage?

We may get out of the relegation zone, you never know.

Stupid that they can change something like that mid season.

I want to see if they disallow the first goal scored when a sub warming up throws it to a player to take a quick throw in,also does the sub get a yellow card if he does?

Back
Top Bottom