Were down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

why dont we get those 2 goals under hecky? If you are actually a blade and not just Wilder's love child, you would know we beat wolves (a much better team) under hecky.... and scored 2 goals...although you were probably at a Wednesday game so must have missed them 🐖 🐷 (we can all do childish name calling)

Nothing childish about it mate, I reacon I'm bang on about you..

Frightened to death of playing us with wilder in charge aren't you, anybody saying wilder has made sod all difference has clearly not been watching United.

We are not down because of today's result.
Anybody with a brain could have told you We were down before a ball had been kicked before the start of the season.

We are down because we sold our two best players two weeks before the season began and brought in players who have no experience at this level.
Lack of the required investment is the reason we are down.

That and because we are Blades. And if we are going to fuck up, we do it with style, panache and a flare like no-one has ever seen before.
First two paragraphs are entirely spot on imo

That result confirmed relegation imo, this team is nowhere near having the quality or desire to stay up. Wilder has changed absolutely nothing.

May as well bin your season tickets and wait till next year, if the owners aren't going to waste their money don't waste yours
My thoughts also Gleadless hill has turned into Winnats Pass, geographically speaking.
Football, literally is "a funny old game" so there is still a very, very, very outside chance of salvation, cos the present personnel at BDTBL won't stave off relegation.

Blame the Prince mate. Trying to do the Premier League on the cheap. Hiring a manager that with respect wasn’t up to it at this level and a playing squad equally so. Results in what we deserve - no fucking chance and relegation.
First two lines spot on imo

Joking aside, think Luton game showed the benefit of getting the ball into the mix in the opposition's box. Even if it's scrappy, it leads to chances.

Let's cut out the slow, tippy tappy passing out wide and get an early unexpected ball into the box before defence has time to organise. And get out forwards to gamble on that: one at front post, one at back, and one holding back near pen spot so that they'll have a chance if ball is parried out.

And for the love of god, KEEP SHOTS DOWN!!! Skying it into row Zz is absolutely pointless. Head and knee over the ball and strike down, as we were taught for under 11s. I appreciate that modern balls are lighter and fly faster and higher etc but gotta adapt. Low driven shots can get a nice ricochet into their net... for a change.

Christ on a bike there's some flouncing on this thread.

I was never in favour of Wilder coming back and I will be surprised if he see's out his 18 months but something had to change....

The only difference at the end of the season will be that we will not beat Derby's record under Wilder, probably scraping 20 points......I'm not sure that would have been the case under Hecky......either way we were always going down!

What hopefully happens is that we start to build for next season back in the Championship. I am not sure the right man to do that rebuild is Wilder with his, shall we say "mixed" record at recruitment but there again Hecky for me was found out so he wasn't the right man either......so for now Wilder is in the hot seat and it is his opportunity to prove, on a relatively short contract, that he has got what it takes to get us straight back up.

Wilder has a big "to do" list including sorting out expiring contracts. Decide who is staying and offer them a take it or leave it deal, we don't want talks spreading out over the summer hampering recruitment. We need to be recruiting for the Championship in January, not in the vague hope that big money loans might keep us up. Get some of those initial targets in and embedded now. 6 months in the Prem knowing that they will be part of a promotion push next season will appeal to a lot of players with ambitions of playing in the top flight.

Joking aside, think Luton game showed the benefit of getting the ball into the mix in the opposition's box. Even if it's scrappy, it leads to chances.

Let's cut out the slow, tippy tappy passing out wide and get an early unexpected ball into the box before defence has time to organise. And get out forwards to gamble on that: one at front post, one at back, and one holding back near pen spot so that they'll have a chance if ball is parried out.

And for the love of god, KEEP SHOTS DOWN!!! Skying it into row Zz is absolutely pointless. Head and knee over the ball and strike down, as we were taught for under 11s. I appreciate that modern balls are lighter and fly faster and higher etc but gotta adapt. Low driven shots can get a nice ricochet into their net... for a change.
Keeping it down is far easier said than done. Despite what some on here think all the men on that pitch have abilities we can only dream of in order to play pro footy in the first place and in practice they'll rarely sky a ball but when there's 10 other lads racing towards you it sort of makes things a little more awkward.

For me I'm glad we finally have a couple of players in Macca, Hamer and Archer willing to have a dig from distance, a few of them have actually gone in too. I'd much rather someone have a shot and send it skyward than mess about with it round the box and lose it.

We’ve made the change so we’ve got to live with it. Yes, I’ve seen an upturn in performance under Wilder, but everything bad that happened on the pitch against Luton was the result of a poor decision by us. It was an absolute comedy of errors out there, and Luton just shrugged their shoulders and accepted the Christmas gift.

We were down when we sold Ndiaye and Berge and didn’t adequately replace them (Hamer and Archer) should have been bought to play with them, not replace them.

We were down when we sold Ndiaye and Berge and didn’t adequately replace them (Hamer and Archer) should have been bought to play with them, not replace them.
You really think those two had made the difference in our current overall situation?
I must say I can't see it and we would had lost them for free end of the season as well

Back
Top Bottom