Yuriel Celi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s forged in the fires of a South American League too. Not to typecast, but I bet he has to dodge, ride or just outright take a hack or 3 most games. The physicality is different gravy over there I’m told.

Celi missed both his teams first two fixtures due to 'medical reasons' ... Beattie flu?
I agree, re his individual skill, but he has that bit extra, old head on young shoulders, there are a couple of clips, one were he is running in on goal the ball is just to his left, but his first reaction is to move slightly to the right, and directly into the defender at his side, he gets a shot away but made sure the defender was off balance and wasn't going to get a tackle or block in.
His passing especially with the outside of his left foot, is something special, Don't think I have ever seen a ball hit with such flair, it looks borderline arrogance at times
Agree the way he strikes the ball with so much swerve yet power is almost Roberto Carlos like.

Interesting he's missed the first two games of their season for 'undisclosed medical reasons'...

Beattie flu anyone? 🤔

Also his club Cantolao responded to the interest

“The possibility of Celi leaving abroad is an ever-latent issue, we are waiting for some proposals that are being discussed to materialize"

Also his club Cantolao responded to the interest

“The possibility of Celi leaving abroad is an ever-latent issue, we are waiting for some proposals that are being discussed to materialize"
Probably Chelsea bound or Man City.

Why would we (as a country) want to positively discriminate against EU workers?
I suspect that was why so many voted to leave, not realising it wasn't the EU workers they were worried about.

I seem to recall something about "sovereignty" (whatever that means) which was a strangely bizarre concept some seemed to think important.

I suspect that was why so many voted to leave, not realising it wasn't the EU workers they were worried about.

I seem to recall something about "sovereignty" (whatever that means) which was a strangely bizarre concept some seemed to think important.
Things coming along nicely on the economy......... remoaners must try and find something to moan about!! Your name says it all.

....and something about "democracy"... what a strangely bizarre concept someone seemed to think important.

Juncker accused of drunken, vulgar outburst | The Times

Things coming along nicely on the economy......... remoaners must try and find something to moan about!! Your name says it all.
You're right, things are wonderful. Mustn't complain.

Quite what my name has to do with anything is another matter. It is not in any way political, just to do with where I came from in Sheffield. Got fuck all to do with politics or anything other than home.

You're right, things are wonderful. Mustn't complain.

Quite what my name has to do with anything is another matter. It is not in any way political, just to do with where I came from in Sheffield. Got fuck all to do with politics or anything other than home.
Obviously I was wrong to assume that. Just sick of smug political digs on here (usually from the Remoan side)

The point I'm making is if you chastise people for making political digs and then go insulting people who voted to remain it's a cheap political dig and a contradiction, almost like you're saying only brexiteers can have a political opinion.

....and something about "democracy"... what a strangely bizarre concept someone seemed to think important.

Juncker accused of drunken, vulgar outburst | The Times
"Sovereignty", "democracy", "freedom","independence", etc. that is what they are concepts.
They cover a multutde of things and mean so many different things to so many different people. They are always open to interpretation - whichever side you choose to be on or which ever fence you fancy sitting on.
I am sure the list could go on and on. How about "right" and "wrong", ""human rights" - that's always a fun one, perhaps even "honesty".
Another good one is not to make assumptions. There are far too many of those on this site, which can often be unnecessarily nasty and unpleasant.
That is even assuming that anyone, including you or I even know what we are talking about.

"Democracy refers to a form of government in which the people either have the authority to choose their governing legislators, or the authority to decide on legislation."

Spanish leagues (well La Liga specifially) dont use ‘work permits’ in the same sense as the UK. La liga clubs can sign up to 6 non-eu players and have up to 4 in their matchday squads, though this is reduced in tier two and non-eu players are not allowed at all in tiers 3 and below.

Players can apply for Spanish citizenship after 5 seasons, however this is different for South Americans (and I am guessing why Man U have chosen Spain) as South American players can apply for Spanish citizenship after only 2 seasons.

*edit - there are certains countries that these rules don’t apply to due to certain political agreements but that is another kettle of fish.
Also remember in Spain invest £500k in a property (£1 million if married) and you get a Golden Visa allowing you to live and work in the countru.

"Democracy refers to a form of government in which the people either have the authority to choose their governing legislators, or the authority to decide on legislation."
However, it can be used in various forms such as the one we all know and love "parliamentary democracy" or it could be a "presidential democracy" or a "representative democracy" make of that what you will, which many do.
I imagine there could be a "direct democracy", but no doubt much easier with a smaller group than, say, a big, proud, island country.
Some might suggest that we have a "liberal democracy" or even a "participatory democracy" although not being able to kick-out your MP without a hugely time consuming, up-hill struggle or only vote for him/her once every five years or so is not quite the same a being able to get an elected representative out for a breach of his/her duty and responsibility to the electorate say, when that representative lies in parliament. Even in the mother of all parliaments, that has been known to happen, remember Anthony Eden? Some might say it is very much on the increase, but there is unfortunately next to nothing you can do about it. Is that is a good form of democracy? Your craven representatives in power need only be really concerned about you every five years or so.
Not sure how democratic it is when your elected representatives help their mates to line their own pockets by being given an unfair advantage of and access to government funding schemes and money.
There seem to be an awful number of and a huge variety of shades in all of this and in our democracies. Obviously, we do not want to go anywhere near the German Democratic Republic, more fondly known as East Germany. Not a democracy as we know it, Jim, but some would have sworn blind it was.

However, it can be used in various forms such as the one we all know and love "parliamentary democracy" or it could be a "presidential democracy" or a "representative democracy" make of that what you will, which many do.
I imagine there could be a "direct democracy", but no doubt much easier with a smaller group than, say, a big, proud, island country.
Some might suggest that we have a "liberal democracy" or even a "participatory democracy" although not being able to kick-out your MP without a hugely time consuming, up-hill struggle or only vote for him/her once every five years or so is not quite the same a being able to get an elected representative out for a breach of his/her duty and responsibility to the electorate say, when that representative lies in parliament. Even in the mother of all parliaments, that has been known to happen, remember Anthony Eden? Some might say it is very much on the increase, but there is unfortunately next to nothing you can do about it. Is that is a good form of democracy? Your craven representatives in power need only be really concerned about you every five years or so.
Not sure how democratic it is when your elected representatives help their mates to line their own pockets by being given an unfair advantage of and access to government funding schemes and money.
There seem to be an awful number of and a huge variety of shades in all of this and in our democracies. Obviously, we do not want to go anywhere near the German Democratic Republic, more fondly known as East Germany. Not a democracy as we know it, Jim, but some would have sworn blind it was.
Does that mean we're getting Celi then?

I was referring to Beerschot, sorry for the confusion. In Belgium everyone gets permission.

Sorry, I didn't twig that you'd posted it!

I do think that when there are rumours around us signing unlikely players it could well be one of the other UW teams. We'd no doubt drop the other teams in when selling a move.

If we did sign him:

11 appearances for U23s

Gets 4 mins run out in one of the cups

Subbed on then subbed off after 20 mins in next round of cup

Loan to club in South America

Tweet in 12 months time saying his deal has been terminated by mutual consent and the club wish him well 👋
Perhaps he qualifies for a European passport. Some South American nations qualify for duel nationality (Spain, Italy and Portugal).

Perhaps he qualifies for a European passport. Some South American nations qualify for duel nationality (Spain, Italy and Portugal).

We signed Argentine Elian Parrino a few years back because he had Italian heritage.

He needs to leave and quick, cant be playing for a club with a Killer Whale juggling a ball for a crest and be taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom