Yuriel Celi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To qualify for a Governing Body Endorsement (effectively a Work Permit) a player needs 15 points or more.
A player who is not a full International playing in the top Peruvian League would gain 2 points
With a maximum of another 2 points if they played over 90% of the available minutes for their club.
There would be other points available if the club had played in the relevant Continental Competition with a sliding scale for how far they got (they didn't).
And a maximum of 1 point would be available if the club won their league (they didn't).

It would be extremely difficult for any non international player in the Peruvian Leagues to get to even 5 points - requiring 15.

As ever, I'll hear counter arguments based on the regulations.
Maybe sign him and loan him to Beerschot?

FFS. Do you SERIOUSLY think a football club of the stature of Sheffield United. Run by a fabulously wealthy self made Saudi businessman. Surrounded, as he is, by the best financial & legal minds around. Would be randomly linked to a non-international young Peruvian kid playing in a Band 6 (for Governing Body Endorsement purposes) league. Without having done full due diligence on the likelihood of him getting a GBE. Do you think that's how it works?

So are you saying it is happening or it isn’t?

Who needs a work permit if you've got a rubber dingy .a dingy is all that's needed im sure .think that's how it works .😳😊
The only refugee I am aware of who signed pro terms at The Lane was resettled in the UK under the (then) Gateway Protection Programme, after being born in a refugee camp on the Thai Myanmar Border. Refugees Welcome.....

How would he quality for a Belgian Work Permit?

Phil, that's the question we are all asking you.
Celi looks fantastic and what we all want to know how he can qualify to play for United. Is it not the same scenario as when United signed Coulibaly and then loaned him to Beerschot?

Phil, that's the question we are all asking you.
Celi looks fantastic and we all want to know how he can qualify to play for United: is it not the same scenario as when United signed Coulibaly and then loaned him to Beerschot?
How would he qualify for a Belgian Work Permit?

(also - with that Forum Pseudonym - you should know more than me)

He has 40 youth caps for Peru. They’re ranked 27th, he’s played in the U17 South American football championship which is a ‘band 1’ youth competition. Also played in U23 Olympic qualifiers which is ‘band 2’

Far from an expert on this so could easily be wrong and no idea on reference periods but using the FA document for this I think he could get 10 points which grants him exceptions panel, and therefore makes a work permit achievable.

He has 40 youth caps for Peru. They’re ranked 27th, he’s played in the U17 South American football championship which is a ‘band 1’ youth competition. Also played in U23 Olympic qualifiers which is ‘band 2’

Far from an expert on this so could easily be wrong and no idea on reference periods but using the FA document for this I think he could get 10 points which grants him exceptions panel, and therefore makes a work permit achievable.
Happy for you to point to a paragraph number relating to Youth International Caps & I'll have a look. As far as I'm aware, the 4 June 2021 revision to the regulations makes no allowance for Youth International Caps.

How would he qualify for a Belgium Work Permit?
Phil, I really don't know.

This is a forum, it is collaborative, we all understand and appreciate the expertise and research of other contributors, such as yourself.

What I'm asking is if you know if there is a difference between signing a footballer from Latin America and one from Africa? If you say you don't know, I understand. The point is that previously United signed a player from Africa called Coulibaly and then loaned him to Beerschot.

Can we do the same with Celi? (btw ... the phonetic pronounciation is "Se-li")

Last edited:

This is a forum, it is collaborative, we all understand and appreciate the expertise and research of other contributors, such as yourself.

What I'm asking is if you know if there is a difference between signing a footballer from Latin America and one from Africa? If you say you don't know, I understand. The point is that previously United signed a player from Africa called Coulibaly and then loaned him to Beerschot.

Can we do the same with Celi?

Coulibaly was signed from Norway pre-Brexit.

Can we do the same with Celi?
Coulibaly was signed from A European team

Could he be sent to Spain? I know Facundo Pellestrio was sent to Spain from Man U in January. Or was that less of an issue due to the fee/the nation/the club he signed from (Penarol)?
How would he get a Spanish Work Permit?

Back
Top Bottom