Yuriel Celi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The only refugee I am aware of who signed pro terms at The Lane was resettled in the UK under the (then) Gateway Protection Programme, after being born in a refugee camp on the Thai Myanmar Border. Refugees Welcome.....

Why have you replied to a genuine question from me, with a smart arse question back?
I'm afraid it's a trait in the carrier bag firm smart arsed answers then "trouble"😊

Depending on definitions, there are roughly 200 different countries in the World. Some form themselves into single & common market blocks often allowing free movement of Labour within that block. However, all of those 200 different countries will have their own sovereign work permit regulations describing the requirements for a non national to work in the said country. Within each country, the regulations will be different for nationals of each of the other 199 countries. And different for each profession. Of which "footballer" is one. You can only imagine the exponential number of combinations & permutations. A pro footballer from one of 200, playing in one of 200, hoping to get a Work Permit in one of 200.

I'm afraid it's a trait in the carrier bag firm smart arsed answers then "trouble"😊
Most of the Carrier Bag Firm have never "worked" in the traditional sense. Where would they find the time? Work Permits are obvs foreign territory to us. But, here's my position statement.....

I can read
I can understand & interpret written rules & regulations
I do not read any language other than English
Theoretically I could find the Work Permit regulations for Belgium & Spain, learn Spanish & French/Flemish & go through the regs in detail & answer the perfectly genuine questions being fired at me.
Theoretically......

Most of the Carrier Bag Firm have never "worked" in the traditional sense. Where would they find the time? Work Permits are obvs foreign territory to us. But, here's my position statement.....

I can read
Theoretically I could find the Work Permit regulations for Belgium & Spain, learn Spanish & French/Flemish & go through the regs in detail & answer the perfectly genuine questions being fired at me.
Theoretically......
Never in doubt

In case you haven't picked up in this thread, the UK regulations underpinning Governing Body Endorsements (essentially Work Permits) to work in UK Elite Football have all been revised from 4 June 2021. That means that previous statements like "Blessin won't get a Work Permit" and "Couilbaly would be able to come over immediately" are OBSOLETE until reviewed against the new regulations. That's how the ground shifts in this game......

In case you haven't picked up in this thread, the UK regulations underpinning Governing Body Endorsements (essentially Work Permits) to work in UK Elite Football have all been revised from 4 June 2021. That means that previous statements like "Blessin won't get a Work Permit" and "Couilbaly would be able to come over immediately" are OBSOLETE until reviewed against the new regulations. That's how the ground shifts in this game......
But what's the new criteria ? Devil in the detail

But what's the new criteria ? Devil in the detail
Football is a very lucrative industry. There are an increasing number of companies & individuals selling information to clubs & agents about players & coaches who have recently become eligible/ineligible for Governing Body Endorsements. Some clubs, who have maybe recently been burned thinking they could appoint a new manager & found they couldn't, are actively reaching out to small, start up, local companies who keep up to date with changes to the regulations (particularly the devil detail 4 June changes). It would be commercial suicide for those companies to openly discuss the implications of the 4 June revisions on a public forum. While nowhere near as valuable as player performance analysis, information on Work Permits is becoming a key part of Player Recruitment Strategy at local clubs....... I understand.

Football is a very lucrative industry. There are an increasing number of companies & individuals selling information to clubs & agents about players & coaches who have recently become eligible/ineligible for Governing Body Endorsements. Some clubs, who have maybe recently been burned thinking they could appoint a new manager & found they couldn't, are actively reaching out to small, start up, local companies who keep up to date with changes to the regulations (particularly the devil detail 4 June changes). It would be commercial suicide for those companies to openly discuss the implications of the 4 June revisions on a public forum. While nowhere near as valuable as player performance analysis, information on Work Permits is becoming a key part of Player Recruitment Strategy at local clubs....... I understand.
Clear as mud or should I say murky waters 👍

Could he be sent to Spain? I know Facundo Pellestrio was sent to Spain from Man U in January. Or was that less of an issue due to the fee/the nation/the club he signed from (Penarol)?
Spanish leagues (well La Liga specifially) dont use ‘work permits’ in the same sense as the UK. La liga clubs can sign up to 6 non-eu players and have up to 4 in their matchday squads, though this is reduced in tier two and non-eu players are not allowed at all in tiers 3 and below.

Players can apply for Spanish citizenship after 5 seasons, however this is different for South Americans (and I am guessing why Man U have chosen Spain) as South American players can apply for Spanish citizenship after only 2 seasons.

*edit - there are certains countries that these rules don’t apply to due to certain political agreements but that is another kettle of fish.

I'm sure PurpleRain would know, but Belgium work permit requirements are less strict than UK. You pay enough money to those with the power and like magic a work permit is approved

Also after the Blessin debacle I doubt we would go for a transfer like this without doing due diligence on work permit possibilities... Would we?

I'm sure PurpleRain would know, but Belgium work permit requirements are less strict than UK. You pay enough money to those with the power and like magic a work permit is approved
In belgium every professional football player gets a work permit within 1 day. No requirements whatsoever. But I have serious doubts about the quality of this player. We have been misled too many times by YouTube video’s the last few years. Look at Christian Pena, playmaker of the Peru A team instead. He only has 1 year contract left at Emmen who wants to sell.

In belgium every professional football player gets a work permit within 1 day. No requirements whatsoever. But I have serious doubts about the quality of this player. We have been misled too many times by YouTube video’s the last few years. Look at Christian Pena, playmaker of the Peru A team instead. He only has 1 year contract left at Emmen who wants to sell.
Agree definitely some risk, but i think for 600k the risk is low. So may be worth having a try.

Is that in both the French & Flemish language versions of the Belgium Work Permit regs? I don't want to unnecessarily plough through both.
Plough through? I'd be disappointed if you hadn't written them, Phil 😉

Let's see how this pans out. We like a bit of people trafficking between clubs especially when English isn't there first language. Throw in a bit of French and Flemish and I'm sure he'll willingly sign up for just board and lodgings!

Happy to file this under the Juampi folder for now!

Last edited:
Our fans love a YouTube superstar though. The fact that a 10 year old kid can be made to look good on YouTube is a fact that evades some of them.

I remember a you tube video of Ayari.

I'd quite like to see him on loan. With the best will in the world it would good to see him learn how to use his skills when some clogger is trying to rough him up.

I can read
Theoretically......
Tldr.
Is he coming to us or Beerschot?

Despite all the stuff about work permits and criticism of YouTube vids, this young man does look like something a bit special. His size strength and build for his age is quite something.
His instinctive blind passing is also quite breathtaking. Add in his individual skills and reading of the game, especially for one so young, and he really does look like a very exciting prospect.
Naturally gifted young players at his age are usually ruined by over coaching. He will not need much coaching at all. Just give him a shirt with a number on it, and let him do the rest.

ETA. Did we get this from the Brentford app?

Despite all the stuff about work permits and criticism of YouTube vids, this young man does look like something a bit special. His size strength and build for his age is quite something.
His instinctive blind passing is also quite breathtaking. Add in his individual skills and reading of the game, especially for one so young, and he really does look like a very exciting prospect.
Naturally gifted young players at his age are usually ruined by over coaching. He will not need much coaching at all. Just give him a shirt with a number on it, and let him do the rest.

ETA. Did we get this from the Brentford app?
I agree, re his individual skill, but he has that bit extra, old head on young shoulders, there are a couple of clips, one were he is running in on goal the ball is just to his left, but his first reaction is to move slightly to the right, and directly into the defender at his side, he gets a shot away but made sure the defender was off balance and wasn't going to get a tackle or block in.
His passing especially with the outside of his left foot, is something special, Don't think I have ever seen a ball hit with such flair, it looks borderline arrogance at times

Back
Top Bottom