Yuriel Celi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great penalties, but it doesn’t show the ones he missed. A couple of “Brookes” turns, a dash of “di Giralamo” and some “Oli” pings against what level of opponent.
Maybe, maybe not.
A loan seems the most likely.

Different rules from outside the EU. Don’t think there will be an issue for transfers from South American clubs. Brighton signed Moses Caciedo without an issue - that being said, Caciedo was a full international having played 4 games (I believe) before his move. Celi has only played for the youth teams.
Different rules?

I would be very surprised if that was true.

Why would we (as a country) want to positively discriminate against EU workers?

If you believe hype and YouTube then you’d probably think Ravel Morrison is the best player in the world.

I’ll reserve judgement as I know absolutely nothing about him, however he’s the right position/ age and price for a gamble.

Not different rules from what I know of, but slightly different criteria given his age and the fact he’s a youth international (will have needed to have played X number of internationally recognised games over a certain period etc)

Different rules from outside the EU. Don’t think there will be an issue for transfers from South American clubs. Brighton signed Moses Caciedo without an issue - that being said, Caciedo was a full international having played 4 games (I believe) before his move. Celi has only played for the youth teams.
Over to Ball_Sup (Phil)

We get linked with one of these type of players every transfer window and whil the fan base are usually whipped up into a frenzy by the potential the club usually never comment on it and instead sign someone else

FFS. Do you SERIOUSLY think a football club of the stature of Sheffield United. Run by a fabulously wealthy self made Saudi businessman. Surrounded, as he is, by the best financial & legal minds around. Would be randomly linked to a non-international young Peruvian kid playing in a Band 6 (for Governing Body Endorsement purposes) league. Without having done full due diligence on the likelihood of him getting a GBE. Do you think that's how it works?

I don't know what it is, thinking back to Barnes, Brady, Sabella or Bale and Ginola, obviously very skillful, but there is something else that is hard to describe, we all see it, but a left footed players seem more skilled, elegant, graceful, balanced etc

FFS. Do you SERIOUSLY think a football club of the stature of Sheffield United. Run by a fabulously wealthy self made Saudi businessman. Surrounded, as he is, by the best financial & legal minds around. Would be randomly linked to a non-international young Peruvian kid playing in a Band 6 (for Governing Body Endorsement purposes) league. Without having done full due diligence on the likelihood of him getting a GBE. Do you think that's how it works?
Talk about overreaction

Well to me it seemed like you were giving it both barrels to Silent Blade who merely asked for your opinion. Apologies if I've misunderstood
This kid looks like a budding Maradona strong as a bull as shown in the video with the skill to match.
We missed Maradona ! If possible get this kid in ! he looks fantastic !

Well to me it seemed like you were giving it both barrels to Silent Blade who merely asked for your opinion. Apologies if I've misunderstood

Phil's passive aggressive approach to GBEs and work permits comes as no shock these days.

Once Blessin, twice shy.

In fact, it is me who owes you an apology Barney
I was, in fact, joshing with Silent Blade , with the firm belief he would know that.
But, you weren't to know - and your reaction does you credit. Sorry mate.

To qualify for a Governing Body Endorsement (effectively a Work Permit) a player needs 15 points or more.
A player who is not a full International playing in the top Peruvian League would gain 2 points
With a maximum of another 2 points if they played over 90% of the available minutes for their club.
There would be other points available if the club had played in the relevant Continental Competition with a sliding scale for how far they got (they didn't).
And a maximum of 1 point would be available if the club won their league (they didn't).

It would be extremely difficult for any non international player in the Peruvian Leagues to get to even 5 points - requiring 15.

As ever, I'll hear counter arguments based on the regulations.

Back
Top Bottom