Your least favourite Blades player, past or present.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peter Withe is getting mentioned too regularly around these parts recently...

Bit harsh I think, couldn't help what happened. He could have been a decent player.

fair point, more a slight on the fee/wages /expectation to output on the pitch ratio than a personal insult meant.

Peter ' ill come back take em on again and again and again fcukin beagrie' i hated the cunt whilst everybody else loved him,waste of fcukin space!! Get the ball in box n no doubt philliskirk would have put it away,but no i wona tek full back on again n again n again!!! Beagrie u wanka!!!!!
Ha ha, yes and Jamal Campbell-Ryce on the other wing to even it up. Least opposition would be dizzy.

fair point, more a slight on the fee/wages /expectation to output on the pitch ratio than a personal insult meant.

With you there. A bit like getting a nice car and it gets written off the first time you take it out.

Axel "I'll get sent off on my debut and waste 3,000 Blades time travelling all the way to Portsmouth for the first match of the season to get beat 2-0" Smeets. And you can add that cunt Heath into the mix as well. Bastards!!!

Still a wonderful kit though. I imagine it caused a lot of rather camp indignation among the fans when it came out. Poor dears get tetchy if they're without their stripes for a season.

It was a bit more than 'camp indignation', you disrespesctful whipper snapper!

The reason they moved to a single broad stripe was that was our first ever year with a sponsor ('"Cantors turn your house into a home"). Being local tight Yorkshiremen, they thought the stripes would confuse their name. They were giving us thousands of pounds of their hard earned brass and wanted it to be clearly visible to all, as we slipped throught the third division and into the Fourth, in what was the worst ever period in the club's history.

Forget the snowflakes who moaned about 6 years in League One, anyone who was there from 79-82 will tell you how shit it really was. The loss of stripes just added to the general malaise.

The reason they moved to a single broad stripe was that was our first ever year with a sponsor ('"Cantors turn your house into a home"). Being local tight Yorkshiremen, they thought the stripes would confuse their name. They were giving us thousands of pounds of their hard earned brass and wanted it to be clearly visible to all, as we slipped throught the third division and into the Fourth, in what was the worst ever period in the club's history.

Forget the snowflakes who moaned about 6 years in League One, anyone who was there from 79-82 will tell you how shit it really was. The loss of stripes just added to the general malaise.

Apologies ISC, it was more a thinly-veiled dig at the tarts who kicked off about a one-season anniversary kit in 15/16, although I am aware that the Cantors kit did cause a lot of consternation.
I bet there were lots of accusations of "spunking munneh" on that big daft fancy new South Stand as well :)

I bet there were lots of accusations of "spunking munneh" on that big daft fancy new South Stand as well

5 years earlier and start of our troubles, as Geoff Salmons had to be sold to fund it.

For once the board tried to do the right thing and 'think big'. They got the execution wrong and underestimated the costs, so we ended up saddled with a white elephant for years ('best ground in the fourth divsion etc etc).

I was only 8 or 9 when they started building, but I remember people were keen for it to throw off the 'three sided ground' tag and show we were a proper ambitious club.

BTW, I don't think munneh was 'spunked' in the 70s. There wasn't much of it. Money or spunk.
Three day weeks, strikes, power cuts, you lot don't know the half.

A cup of cold tea.
Without milk or sugar.
Or tea.

It was changing from stripes that caused our relegation. I’ve been told this and it’s fact. Sheffield Clubs play in stripes. When they deviated, they got relegated. I’m telling thi.

the axis of evil....

Curran, Akinbiyi, Rankine

With a mighty round of "get stuffeds" for Derek Richardson

According to my great great great grandad Fatty Foulkes for eating all the pies....

Can someone please fill me in with the issue over Paul Devlin? Must have passed me by? Surely no-one is saying he wasn't a good player for us?
OK since nobody else will, this is what I heard at the time. He wanted a move back to Birmingham but they didn't want to pay the going rate, so he started playing shit on purpose until we sold him anyway. I didn't see it but apparently in his last game for us he simply gave the ball away every time he went to go past a defender. Sold him for 200k in the end when he was worth much more. Barely played for Brum and then started saying he wouldn't rule out a return to United. It's not a word that springs into my mind often let alone say it he's a cheeky cunt on top of everything else.

Neill ‘the albatross’ Collins. Hated him as a player, the worst centre back I’ve ever seen. Almost an ever present during our shitty years hence the albatross and blamed everyone bar himself for his own shitness imcluding managers and young goal keepers called Long.

Difficult to get past Marlon King in recent times, though that twat Darius “Donkeyus” Henderson runs him a close second.

Watford away in 2011. Blades fighting relegation, and struggling badly for goals. Donkeyus makes a much trumpeted return from injury, lifting the spirits (allegedly) of travelling supporters .... only to be sent off after 25 mins, followed soon after by that twat Williamson, leaving Utd down to 9 men and trailing 0-1 by half time.

Utter, fucking, shitwasp-cuntwaffle, bastarding fucking donkey. Fuck off Donkeyus.

And some pissed twat pissed on me in the stand, too, from the row behind. I blame Henderson.

Twat.

Just be pissing myself laughing at some of the names & line ups I’d forgot about during my 40 yrs of visiting The Lane . Christ some of these names still be me shudder ... we did buy some shite didn’t we !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom