Your least favourite Blades player, past or present.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just registering in with a couple of keepers. Richardson and Simmonsen.

Ryan France is a mate of a mate of a mate, so I know he is a 100% Bladey Blade. When your boyhood team come calling, it's not your fault if you're not up to the job.
I’m sure he’s a top bloke. But my word, he was a fucking shit footballer.

This is nothing to do specifically with Ryan France (I'm not defending him or his performances in a Blades shirt) just a general observation.

You say he's a shit footballer, yet he was paid to play the game professionally for 10 years including 2 appearances in the premier league.

Just out of interest, how much money have you earned from playing football, and how many premier league appearances can you boast?

This is nothing to do specifically with Ryan France (I'm not defending him or his performances in a Blades shirt) just a general observation.

You say he's a shit footballer, yet he was paid to play the game professionally for 10 years including 2 appearances in the premier league.

Just out of interest, how much money have you earned from playing football, and how many premier league appearances can you boast?
Which sort of renders the entire thread pointless then, doesn’t it?

We are judging them in the context of earning many thousands of pounds a week for their efforts. As such, Ryan France deserves his place in the rogue’s gallery of dreadful value for money signings.

So yes, it that context, he was fucking shit. But you can relax in the knowledge that he was better than me.

He was injured, it finished him. He didn't steal anything.

Didn’t Kendall sign him from Everton as a crock and then Kendall left to become Everton manager again soon after ? Should have been a stewards inquiry

Which sort of renders the entire thread pointless then, doesn’t it?

We are judging them in the context of earning many thousands of pounds a week for their efforts. As such, Ryan France deserves his place in the rogue’s gallery of dreadful value for money signings.

So yes, it that context, he was fucking shit. But you can relax in the knowledge that he was better than me.

My apologies, I thought it had been established earlier that this thread was about players who were c**** because of their lack of respect towards the club, not because they were shit players. I must have been mistaken.

My apologies, I thought it had been established earlier that this thread was about players who were c**** because of their lack of respect towards the club, not because they were shit players. I must have been mistaken.
If you judge by the many responses, it has clearly moved away from that, even if that was the OP’s intention.

Edit: scratch that, just refer to the OP.

But no need to apologise, Ryan. :)

He was pretty good in our under 18s side. Went to college with him as well. Made the most of his football ability while ensuring he got his education. Should be an example to others

Marlon King - we've made some horrendous PR signings, but this was about as embarrassing as it gets.

I have to mention Craig Beattie too - what once became a predictable intake of breath as you realised that we had actually signed someone as poor as Beattie. Unlike our current team, this gentleman represented everything that has been wrong with our signing policy.

Stuart Houston for that Monday night stood in the snow at Altrincham 1981 - worst ever full back display in 53 years following the Blades

It was a bit more than 'camp indignation', you disrespesctful whipper snapper!

The reason they moved to a single broad stripe was that was our first ever year with a sponsor ('"Cantors turn your house into a home"). Being local tight Yorkshiremen, they thought the stripes would confuse their name. They were giving us thousands of pounds of their hard earned brass and wanted it to be clearly visible to all, as we slipped throught the third division and into the Fourth, in what was the worst ever period in the club's history.

Forget the snowflakes who moaned about 6 years in League One, anyone who was there from 79-82 will tell you how shit it really was. The loss of stripes just added to the general malaise.
we’re always crap without stripes. fact

Keith Curle - hated him before he signed, I remember a game against Wolves (may have been a Friday night) my Dad said after 10 minutes that Curle should have been sent off for persistent foul play, think he was finally booked around the 90 minute mark. He did nothing whilst with us to make me change my view.

I remember Curle performing a stunning flying kick straight into Devlin's chest, for which Devlin got a yellow. Dirty bastard. Might have been the same game.

OK since nobody else will, this is what I heard at the time. He wanted a move back to Birmingham but they didn't want to pay the going rate, so he started playing shit on purpose until we sold him anyway. I didn't see it but apparently in his last game for us he simply gave the ball away every time he went to go past a defender. Sold him for 200k in the end when he was worth much more. Barely played for Brum and then started saying he wouldn't rule out a return to United. It's not a word that springs into my mind often let alone say it he's a cheeky cunt on top of everything else.

He was one of my favourites and I remember when he spat his dummy he'd spend every game making no effort. Disappointing.

I have to mention Craig Beattie too - what once became a predictable intake of breath as you realised that we had actually signed someone as poor as Beattie. Unlike our current team, this gentleman represented everything that has been wrong with our signing policy.
The fact that we were praying Darius Henderson would be fit for the play-off final tells you how poor Craig Beattie was.

Back
Top Bottom