Worst goals tally ever - can we do it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've been so woeful going forwards. Actually embarrassingly poor & void of ideas. We have no threat whatsoever. We can't create and we can't finish. Overhaul needed next season. Players & systemwise.

Most defeats in season: 3 clubs 29 - we have 29. ✔

Most home defeats in season: Sunderland 14 - we have 13. ✔

Fewest goals scored: Derby 20 - we have 20. ✔

Most defeats in season: 3 clubs 29 - we have 29. ✔

Most home defeats in season: Sunderland 14 - we have 13. ✔

Fewest goals scored: Derby 20 - we have 20. ✔
Another historic record that no-one seems to have mentioned is that we are the only team in premier league history to finish the season on 23 points!!!

Another historic record that no-one seems to have mentioned is that we are the only team in premier league history to finish the season on 23 points!!!
A team on 29 points would have avoided relegation: is that a record also ?

A team on 29 points would have avoided relegation: is that a record also ?

For any of the bottom three to avoid relegation they would need a minimum of 39 points and a goal difference of better than minus 22. (Or equal to minus 22 but having scored more than 33 goals).

Horrah! The Blades avoided the lowest goals and most defeats. Just equalled them instead.
Sadly we do own the record for worst start to a Premier League season.

That’s not right Sf, 4th from bottom was on 39 points.

Yeah it's a funny one. A team already in the bottom 3 would have needed to reach 39 points to stay up, but a team from outside (e.g after a points deduction) would stay up from 29+, so which is it?

Yeah it's a funny one. A team already in the bottom 3 would have needed to reach 39 points to stay up, but a team from outside (e.g after a points deduction) would stay up from 29+, so which is it?
😁 This season when a team has had no points deductions you would need 39 points minimum so it has to be that one Guesty. 😁

😁 This season when a team has had no points deductions you would need 39 points minimum so it has to be that one Guesty. 😁

Points deduction was just an example, my point is any team outside the current bottom three would only have needed 29 points or more to stay up.

It's only 39 points for those in the bottom three (as they need to catch the team in 17th), if you get me.

Points deduction was just an example, my point is any team outside the current bottom three would only have needed 29 points or more to stay up.

It's only 39 points for those in the bottom three (as they need to catch the team in 17th), if you get me.
I get you now but surely to get out of the bottom 3, one of us, Fulham or West Brom would’ve had to get 39 points so for this purpose I would still go with that. In short if us, Fulham or West Brom were to get 29 points this season we would still be relegated.

But had Burnley only managed to get 29 points, it’s likely that they would’ve dropped more points against the current bottom 3, meaning 29 points would’ve resulted in relegation.

For any of the bottom three to avoid relegation they would need a minimum of 39 points and a goal difference of better than minus 22. (Or equal to minus 22 but having scored more than 33 goals).
True but the team above the bottom three only needed 29 points

Sander scored at Liverpool
He did, but I purposely listed those who played the most. And even Sander's was a penalty! Osborn scored at Leeds too, but the point being the 3 who had most games in midfield managed not a single goal between them. No wonder we were under so much pressure.

Both. Because it’s relative. Any of the 17 clubs above Fulham could have stayed up with 29 points. Why? Because there were three shit clubs in the league. If one of the bottom three finished above Burnley, there would have only been two shit clubs in the league, which changes the parameters.

For clarity: this season was the record lowest points total accumlated by the side who finished third from bottom, in Premier League history.
3 absolute dog shit teams propping up a pretty underwhelming season (unless you're a Leeds twat)

Back
Top Bottom